KTVX New graphics

Hexagonal10

This package makes me shudder at what might come to some MG stations in need of a overhaul. The package overall could've been decent if they didn't use purple and red as a combination.
Purple and red can go together. It just doesn't for most people.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Purple and red can go together. It just doesn't for most people.

If done right, it can work out well. In this case though, with KABC's old package, it does not.

Even with all of the tweaking WATN did with WKRC's former graphics, at least they didn't bastardize it to a point where it looked tacky and unrecognizable.

If done right, it can work out well. In this case though, with KABC's old package, it does not.

Even with all of the tweaking WATN did with WKRC's former graphics, at least they didn't bastardize it to a point where it looked tacky and unrecognizable.

Or forgettable.

I wonder why they didn't get the standard Nexstar graphics package that the majority of the others have... Do I dare ask how many different graphics packages Nexstar uses??

Well there's the WROC old one, the current WROC one, he WBRE one, the NBC one, the WXFR one which looks like a modified KTRK package...

I can think of several stations that have used purple effectively. KTVU, WLS, WGNO and WWL come to mind. But this is just...weird. Really, really strange. Also an interesting (poor) mix of the flat graphic style with light effects and 3D-ish gradients in their logo. And why did they choose circle-themed graphics to go with their very rectangular/Utah shaped logo??? This whole branding seems off to me...

Do like the cuts of Overture they're using, though. The original cuts have held up well.

Purple can be used properly but in my opinion it should be a darker purple. This one is just a bit too bright.

For WBAL's Ravens programs (Sunday night wrap ups and other specials) they turn their lower thirds and full screen backgrounds purple. Additionally on Fridays their bugs during all program turn purple.

KTVX employees were shopping for flowers then? WGNO does purple well.

LOL, hello, Hexagonal10. Purple is similar to violet, yet not a spectral color. Violet is a spectral color.

• 3 weeks later...
I wonder why they didn't get the standard Nexstar graphics package that the majority of the others have... Do I dare ask how many different graphics packages Nexstar uses??

A lot of Nexstar stations get their graphics from Hothaus. As a matter of fact, the Hothaus graphics KTVX used when the music was Gari's Eyewitness News r by far the best graphics that station ever had! An updated version of those graphics would serve them well.

Most of Nexstar's NBC affiliates have NBC 5's former graphics, and it helps that Nexstar's headquarters are here in DFW for accessibility

I doubt graphics packages are hand delivered, so I don't get how Nexstar being based in Dallas along with ArtWorks improves/allows for accessibility. Also, several of Nexstar's CBS affiliates have gfx packages made by Artworks.

I doubt graphics packages are hand delivered, so I don't get how Nexstar being based in Dallas along with ArtWorks improves/allows for accessibility. Also, several of Nexstar's CBS affiliates have gfx packages made by Artworks.
Which are loosely based off Telemundo's graphics.

Archived