KTVX New graphics

Hexagonal10

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And now you see why KTVX is last in the news ratings... they can't do anything right!
And the real reason why KUTV is first (besides the sports, and CBS being the #1 network) is because they serve a conservative market (Utah is conservative) and are owned by a conservative company! And by what you said, the only thing they can do right is the localism, and even that's debatable to some

Why are any of us surprised?? They are NEXSTAR. Their gfx just got NEXTARD. LOL

-- Matt

Their graphics are better than their previous, not by much though. But I do think we're over exaggerating how bad the graphics are. Sure they suck compared to KABC's, but that's to be expected with knockoffs

Nextarded graphics?
WABC has underwent a similar problem according to many comments on its new graphics thread

No.. No... No... No.. NO!!! Purple & Red do not or will ever match... WTF Nexstar??
They certainly thought the colors would, I mean, I think red and green go together despite people saying otherwise, not to mention I actually sort of like the red and purple combination, but like I said, knockoffs sucking compared to the original is to be expected. But I'm surprised that these graphics are actually better than WABC's (doesn't say much, but it still counts)

And the real reason why KUTV is first (besides the sports, and CBS being the #1 network) is because they serve a conservative market (Utah is conservative) and are owned by a conservative company!

Forgetting that their main competitor (KSL) is owned by the media portion of the LDS.

The real reason KUTV became the dominant station in that market is a combination of the overall rise of CBSs ratings in the past decade and the phenomenal mismanagement at KSL that drove viewers away from that station to KUTV.

That said, KTVX has always been a 3rd place station and I doubt there is anything Nexstar can do to turn that station around. It'll basically have to wait for ABC's overall ratings to turn around and even then that's not a certainty that'll result in improved ratings for KTVX.

Back to the topic at hand, if they used their old blue logo combined with the blue and white that KABC uses, those graphics would look a whole lot better. That red/purple color scheme looks so tacky and dated.

Forgetting that their main competitor (KSL) is owned by the media portion of the LDS.

The real reason KUTV became the dominant station in that market is a combination of the overall rise of CBSs ratings in the past decade and the phenomenal mismanagement at KSL that drove viewers away from that station to KUTV.

That said, KTVX has always been a 3rd place station and I doubt there is anything Nexstar can do to turn that station around. It'll basically have to wait for ABC's overall ratings to turn around and even then that's not a certainty that'll result in improved ratings for KTVX.

Back to the topic at hand, if they used their old blue logo combined with the blue and white that KABC uses, those graphics would look a whole lot better. That red/purple color scheme looks so tacky and dated.

Isn't KTVX a distant 4th, behind KSTU as well? But yeah those graphics are awful...

Isn't KTVX a distant 4th, behind KSTU as well? But yeah those graphics are awful...

Yes. KSTU is sometimes first or a strong second behind KUTV. Sometimes, KSL will be second but I believe they're mostly third.

In the SLC market, its really a three station race: KUTV vs. KSL vs. KSTU. KTVX is uncompeteable.

The clock wipe on the ABC logo...who thought that 1976 effect was a good idea?! :eek:

This package and the font is like something out of 1994, and "Good4Utah" is pretty much what only a 55 year-old branding executive just signing onto "The Twitters" would love.

Was KTVX pretty solid operation when it was owned by Christ-Craft & United Television?

I agree: that looks like it came out of 2006 (or better yet 1996), not 2016.

Here a 1999 look at KTVX

Was KTVX pretty solid operation when it was owned by Christ-Craft & United Television?

Here a 1999 look at KTVX

Now does anybody else see why KTVX's new graphics are not from 1996? They're from 2013, just shifted in color (much like Nexstar's NBC graphics are KXAS' former graphics)

It's already pretty hard to pull off purple in a news package, but mixing it with red in addition to a poor knock off of another package doesn't help it any. When I first saw the L3s I thought "wow they already look dated."

This package makes me shudder at what might come to some MG stations in need of a overhaul. The package overall could've been decent if they didn't use purple and red as a combination.

Archived