Orlando Coverage

Eat News

As for the international media:

CTV's Lisa LaFlamme was the only Canadian anchor in Orlando, while Peter Mansbridge (CBC) and Dawna Friesen (Global) stayed put; CBC sent three reporters anyway and Global, only one.

BBC's, ITV's, and Sky's presences are unknown; the Australian networks have their U.S. bureaus in Los Angeles and deployed their reporters to Florida.

The BBC had at least three people their North American Editor Jon Sopel, Laura Bicker and Rajini V.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It must be extra challenging for large groups with no station in Orlando (i.e. Scripps, Tegna) and especially those with no stations anywhere close (i.e. Raycom, Gray) - do they just park their trucks close by or do they not do anything corporate and just try to work with the network affiliate in Orlando?

Also, for stations that are a sister station of an Orlando station that is NOT in their network (i.e. the Hearst ABC affiliates), did they use the network feed or the sister station's feed?

It must be extra challenging for large groups with no station in Orlando (i.e. Scripps, Tegna) and especially those with no stations anywhere close (i.e. Raycom, Gray) - do they just park their trucks close by or do they not do anything corporate and just try to work with the network affiliate in Orlando?

Also, for stations that are a sister station of an Orlando station that is NOT in their network (i.e. the Hearst ABC affiliates), did they use the network feed or the sister station's feed?

The big 4 networks have special reporters just to feed the affiliates. They do top of the hour group live shots. The local affiliates are not usually equipped to handle large influxes of "visitors".

Don't roll into town and expect to borrow a camera, or get an edit bay for yourself. Don't ask the desk for resources beyond the bathroom and a phonebook .

They don't have "extra stuff to loan"...no warm bodies (all cut last budget)...no extra cars...crappy wi-fi.

Archived