NBC Late Night - Imaginary Friend and Sunset PPL

rkolsen

I'm looking at my TiVo and see there are two new shows airing after Late Night with Seth Meyers. Tonight it appears to be a show titled Imaginary Friend and tomorrow night Sunset PPL. Both are listed as pilots and they don't appear in the time slot for the next week. Both seem to be pilots from NBC Playground where users submit their ideas to NBC and if they are impressed two will get a pilot that will air on NBC and one will get a debut online.

Seems like they scheduled the shows in this time slot just to fulfill their contractual obligation. I wonder if they get halfway decent ratings the shows will get picked up.

Cartoon Network did something similar in 2000. They aired a few premieres of random shows - Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law, The Brak Show, Sealab 2021, and Aqua Teen Hunger Force. All became staples of a new programming block established the next year called Adult Swim.

Cartoon Network did something similar in 2000. They aired a few premieres of random shows - Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law, The Brak Show, Sealab 2021, and Aqua Teen Hunger Force. All became staples of a new programming block established the next year called Adult Swim.

They did it again a few years later with the Cartoonstitute.

Cartoonstitute was designed to be a "next-generation" What-A-Cartoon project. That project spawned the nearly all of the first-generation Cartoon Cartoons, plus a prototype Family Guy. But for whatever reason, they cancelled it, and only Regular Show, and after a fashion, Uncle Grandpa got to become series.

Just pulled it up on my guide too. Interesting time slot, but it's probably like that because of what you said. Whoever is up until 1:38am though...

[ATTACH]3307[/ATTACH]

Why does it matter to you lil whippersnappers? I thought you youngins time shifted your viewing anyway?

Signed Old Fishy Fart

Archived