WNBC To Get Studio 3K

rkolsen

So did they just move the anchor desk over from the old studio or is that a completely new desk? I'm guessing the anchor chairs were moved again.. That would make this the third studio those chairs have been used in..

Looks like the same design, but newly built.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the Big Lots version of the previous set. It would have been interesting had they just kept the set that was already in 3K. As I remember, it was refreshed to also have those vertical window monitors, so I feel like it could have worked very well.

Looks like the Big Lots version of the previous set. It would have been interesting had they just kept the set that was already in 3K. As I remember, it was refreshed to also have those vertical window monitors, so I feel like it could have worked very well.

I don't care for all the hard branding especially the walls. I feel like they could have done that differently.

Additionally I wouldn't have the Storm Team 4 logo etched on that one pod. It would make for a good second anchor desk that could be used during transitions between anchor teams.

I don't like it. That stand up area between the weather center and the anchor desk doesn't even look like it belongs with this set. The wood still make the set look so dated. I will say the anchor shot looks great on air, because it doesn't show the panels on the sides. But in the pic that shows the whole anchor area, it looks like 1998. The monitor in the weather center looks great, but the panels coming from either side of the monitor is very distracting. I see the consensus seems to be that the set looks good, but in imho this set is a mess.

[MEDIA=flickr]30132397506[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=flickr]29871708640[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=flickr]30052795542[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=flickr]30132422566[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=flickr]29538488104[/MEDIA]

NBC Studio3K WNBC Cnstr-35

NBC Studio3K WNBC Cnstr-32

Thanks, Dennis Degan!

How many times is the 3c set going to be redesigned? LOL Remember the Michael J Fox show which had a WTVJ feel (with their previous set)...

mjf1.png

I am glad to see wide studio shots again, something that couldn't be done well with 3C and especially 7E with all the cameras on top of each other.

I love it. It feels like they never left Studio 3C. The live shot on the monitors and the imitation of windows is great. Got nothing but love for the new set. The only thing that they should've done was to give a seat for Janice. She looks weird standing up and the other three anchors sitting down.

Comcast isn't pushing a "window look" the "window look" it's a "graphic element" or a more modern way to look at the city and it provides a way to bring up graphics in the background. For example on Election Day/night we will be putting poll results, poll closings, passed propositions, American flag etc... some stations go as far as putting just graphics and limiting the backdrop from a camera like KCBS does.

Archived