WNBC To Get Studio 3K

rkolsen

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Playing devil's advocate here, but Scott has implied in the past that people on here have emailed him things, meaning it's possible someone found the Instagram post on here and sent him a link to it directly, not mentioning TVNT at all.

He's pretty good at giving credit, and has in the past credited TVNT, so I don't think he's doing it intentionally.

As for that set: Looks like FX dusted off their designs from 2007. I'll hold more judgement until it hits air.

Here's the latest update: [ATTACH=full]3381[/ATTACH]

I would have to see how it looks on-air, specially on how the stand-up areas look. And the desk in front of the "windows" (main area) is very identical to the one on the current set.

That, um...looks like a downgrade. Will have to wait and see in person obviously, but for the NBC flagship I would've expected a balls to the walls, butts down for Harambe, bank-account draining, effort and design.

Yeah, but it's essentially WCAU that's the flagship now. That's where Comcast is, so that's what they're watching. Why do you think WCAU gets all the cool stuff? Like Skyforce 10.

I wonder if the windows are LED arrays like the new MSNBC 3A set? Set seems a lil bit of a downgrade...

If I had to guess they are. The Windows are a bit square compared to the other vertical monitors. If you get some good LEDs you may not notice the difference. Remember during the conventions and the debates it looked like MSNBC was right in the thick of it?

The new studio is being used tonight at 6. No mention of it, but you can tell there is more room around the anchor desk, not as cramped and the separations between the panels behind the desk are thinner. So far it look like the same basic set as before. However David Ushery is now doing a stand up with a 3 panel screen behind him that looks better than the monitor they used to use. The wood to background ratio seems similar as before.

I think it looks good, and that LED backdrop is seriously impressive! I can't help but feel that the set is a bit less polished though, it seems like the classy downlighting on the wood panels and desk of the prior set aren't there.

Doesn't NBC Washington have a similiar set up?? At least as far as the "windows" behind the anchor desk is concerned?

Yes, all do except WTVJ (though their set looks great) and WVIT.

As a side note isn't this the third set WNBC has had since Fox NY got theirs?

So did they just move the anchor desk over from the old studio or is that a completely new desk? I'm guessing the anchor chairs were moved again.. That would make this the third studio those chairs have been used in..

Based on the construction shots it appears it's a new desk. The desk was in th Instagram photos a week or two ago. It is too big to move back/forth.

Archived