San Diego CW affiliation moving from XETV to KFMB

AKA

It's better to have a job than not. Even if it's a downgrade from SD to Yuma, it's better than nothing. Be thankful.

Shoot Ross Becker was commuting from KUSI to his home in Palm Springs.

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's ok...

We had it here first on TVNT.

I actually think we share a few sources and contacts ( "The Twins") because this is the second time in just this month that happened.

I have never met Scott Jones nor ever really had any conversations with him.

As long as it's accurate then I'm cool with it.

Well the thing that irks me is that he bitches and complains when other outlets don't give him credit for a scoop/story but when he steals shit from other sites, not one peep. He also took your post and pic on Sabrina Fein, no credit there either...

Well the thing that irks me is that he bitches and complains when other outlets don't give him credit for a scoop/story but when he steals shit from other sites, not one peep. He also took your post and pic on Sabrina Fein, no credit there either...

I owe him one (blackmail) because he has been holding back on the KBEX casting couch story that the SD Reader was also trying to break.

It wasn't even a couch...It was a Chaise Lounge.

So There!

I got back at him last week with the agent posting.

That had to sting.

• 4 weeks later...
...And Kerri Lane was doing weather today for the CW side...I didn't see the KFMB side this morning...

yeah, Keri was doing weather on CBS as well. She and Brandon Lewis actually do a better job than Jeff Zevely.

• 3 weeks later...

Had a question was hoping someone might be able to help. I am using an AM21 OTA receiver from DTV. I had been getting all the SD locals but now can't get the new 8-2 CW channel.. I tried re -scanning several times still no luck. I have a CM 4221 antenna on the roof. Do I need to add a UHF antenna and combine it with the CM 4221 which I believe is UHF? According to KFMB the antenna is in TJ? I thought that was were the old CW was as well. Any help would be appreciated

Guest Former Member 207
Had a question was hoping someone might be able to help. I am using an AM21 OTA receiver from DTV. I had been getting all the SD locals but now can't get the new 8-2 CW channel.. I tried re -scanning several times still no luck. I have a CM 4221 antenna on the roof. Do I need to add a UHF antenna and combine it with the CM 4221 which I believe is UHF? According to KFMB the antenna is in TJ? I thought that was were the old CW was as well. Any help would be appreciated

It's not your antenna...when I had DirecTV, I also had an AM-21 receiver; the problem, the AM-21 is programmed to receive whatever subchannels in your area based on what's in their channel database. They've been so many subchannels that have been added/created since 2009, DirecTV just finally decided to stop updating their OTA channel database a few years later.

The only real solution here is a find a secondary ZIP code--you could try 59801, which gives you the listings for KPAX-DT2, the CW station in Missoula, Montana; 99801 will give you the listings for Juneau's CW affiliate (KJUD-DT2). You won't receive those actual stations, but you'll get their listings on the program guide, just so long as "8-2" shows up on the guide.

KFMB picks up another XETV castoff as Amanda Shotsky joins the ranks a G.A. reporter. Unsure if she's full time or freelance.

WTF was that!

Her live shot sucked...she went right for the "baba" (phone in hand) when they came back from the video.

I can't believe they let her on TV again.

Chopper 8 just got shots of the border wall prototypes...

Everybody is gonna want those shots, but KFMB can't just uplink directly to CBS because of ownership issues.

Everyone want's a piece of the action(cash)

Who owns the video???

KFMB?

Total Traffic Network?

Westwood one?

The Chopper 8 subscribers?

Welk/ACA?

Can't wait to see what the credit bug say's

WTF was that!

Her live shot sucked...she went right for the "baba" (phone in hand) when they came back from the video.

I can't believe they let her on TV again.

Well, she wouldn't have been my first choice of the XETV castaways...

Chopper 8 just got shots of the border wall prototypes...

Everybody is gonna want those shots, but KFMB can't just uplink directly to CBS because of ownership issues.

Everyone want's a piece of the action(cash)

Who owns the video???

KFMB?

Total Traffic Network?

Westwood one?

The Chopper 8 subscribers?

Welk/ACA?

Can't wait to see what the credit bug say's

I'm surprised that Homeland Security hasn't provided the media outlets with some aerial footage of the construction prototypes. The DoD provides the media with aerial footage of their naval fleet when they're out on deployment, so I can't imagine DHS not being able to do the same.

Well, she wouldn't have been my first choice of the XETV castaways...

I'm surprised that Homeland Security hasn't provided the media outlets with some aerial footage of the construction prototypes. The DoD provides the media with aerial footage of their naval fleet when they're out on deployment, so I can't imagine DHS not being able to do the same.

They(DHS) probably will at some point...KFMB has been checking almost every shift they fly.

Does your chopper 8 feed work?

Mine has been down on all 3 browsers. I think I may have corrupted something.

They(DHS) probably will at some point...KFMB has been checking almost every shift they fly.

Does your chopper 8 feed work?

Mine has been down on all 3 browsers. I think I may have corrupted something.

Nope, the feed is down. Not sure how long that's been the case. Honestly, I haven't checked the Chopper 8 feed in years, I think going back to when they were still owned by National Helicopter.

Nope, the feed is down. Not sure how long that's been the case. Honestly, I haven't checked the Chopper 8 feed in years, I think going back to when they were still owned by National Helicopter.

I miss the naked sunbathing shots also.

Archived