San Diego CW affiliation moving from XETV to KFMB

AKA

On one of its final commercial breaks just now, XETV had a promo for 2 Broke Girls - weeknights at 7. Would have thought they took those out of the commercial clusters.

I just had an idea for a new TV show...

"2 Broke Televisa Executives!"

Here are some of the plots of the episodes of this exciting new series:

"We're so broke, we'll let TV Azteca film MasterChef México in our studios!"

"We're so broke, we'll rent out some of our facilities!"

"We're so broke, we're canceling series!"

"We're so broke, we might send Emilio Azcárraga packing after 20 years running this company!"

"We're so broke, it's sayonara to Nuestra Belleza México!"

And the season finale... "We're so broke, we're winding up Bay City Television!"

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BUG just appeared with station ID appeared over King of Queens (possibly for the last time)

CW6 logo

XETV-TDT

Tijuana/San Diego

(Can't take screencaps right now)

Mexican National Anthem with regular sign-on for XETV.

Quick flash of bars.

Then black.

That's it.

Were you watching on cable or OTA? Might be worth seeing what their OTA feed looks like right now. My guess: Canal 5 as has been announced, or maybe not until 6am. If they have Gala TV on a DT2, I doubt we'd know now because Gala TV is purposely a part-time network (it has holes that make it useful to Televisa's owned/operated and affiliated local stations).

Were you watching on cable or OTA? Might be worth seeing what their OTA feed looks like right now. My guess: Canal 5 as has been announced, or maybe not until 6am. If they have Gala TV on a DT2, I doubt we'd know now because Gala TV is purposely a part-time network (it has holes that make it useful to Televisa's owned/operated and affiliated local stations).

Was watching via OTA. Reception was fantastic tonight, unlike on March 31. My recordings that day were all shot.

My TV tuner actually stopped recording right when the data stream stopped (carrier still remains at this hour).

I got it recording for 5 AM on 6.1. I guess I can set a recording up for 6 AM as well.

Mexican National Anthem with regular sign-on for XETV.

Quick flash of bars.

Then black.

That's it.

You need to re-scan your DTV. Some tuners doesn´t recognize the new stream automaticly. Maybe that´s your case.

TDT 6-2 has been shut off.

Was watching via OTA. Reception was fantastic tonight, unlike on March 31. My recordings that day were all shot.

My TV tuner actually stopped recording right when the data stream stopped (carrier still remains at this hour).

I got it recording for 5 AM on 6.1. I guess I can set a recording up for 6 AM as well.

There are probably some busy engineers up on the mountain right now getting everything set for the "new" XETV and removing equipment that connected them to Bay City.

My mistake. XETV 6.1 is still on the air, but I had to perform a rescan. XETV is now broadcasting Canal 5 on 6.1 Missed possibly the first 30 minutes of Canal 5 so I don't know if they had some kind of sign on.

In addition, XETV 6.2 is gone.

My mistake. XETV 6.1 is still on the air, but I had to perform a rescan. XETV is now broadcasting Canal 5 on 6.1 Missed possibly the first 30 minutes of Canal 5 so I don't know if they had some kind of sign on.

So it's gone straight C5 — which I saw coming a mile away. We'll see if they try to add a sub in the near future.

I knew it! It may not be Gala TV but it looks like Canal 5 will be the network XETV broadcasts on. At least we know now.

So it's gone straight C5 — which I saw coming a mile away. We'll see if they try to add a sub in the near future.

I've saw that coming as well.

One last note for tonight: cw6sandiego.com has also officially shut down.

RIP Bay City Television

They could've at least gave KFMB that old url so it could be redirected to the new CW site, instead of just having a blank screen. It's just strange that the website was operating a few hours ago (just as the new CW site just launched) you would think the old site would still linger after the midnight sign-off.

Bay City Television

Based on this video courtesy of Arturo Ramirez. It looks like that after the Mexican National Anthem, it went to the color bars for 2 seconds before doing a flash-cut to the Canal 5 feed.

CW6 signs off at 6:17, Canal 5 signs on at 6:19.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62f-7uCZFhQ

Didn't get a chance to check out the inaugural AM newscast, but it looks like Nichelle and Heather will anchor at 7am, and Dan and Heather at 8am. As of right now, there are a few technical glitches with programming not playing correctly, etc.

How do the CBSTM local updates work? Is it simulcast on both CBS and CW?

Yeah, i'm interested to know as well. Maybe Dan handles the 7am updates and Nichelle does the 8am ones? I wonder how they handle the weather hits during those times?

And it looks like they made a cheap, secondary set for the CW newscasts. Not sure why since the newscasts don't overlap, but this garbage looks worse than an Ikea setup:

[MEDIA=twitter]869759609644306435[/MEDIA]

Archived