San Diego CW affiliation moving from XETV to KFMB

AKA

Good, send them to a political unit that no longer exists. ;) (No, really, the formal name of Mexico City is now Mexico City after changes that make it as close to a state as it can be without actually being a state.)

So I have to change the license plate on my green VW now?

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I blame the new KFMB GM 100% for where they are right now at this moment.

Now let's see what they pull out of their asses between now....and the 31st.

I believe there is STILL a problem securing all the "6's" they "desire" in all the right places....

More money please....

If this new GM at KFMB is so "down with the homies" then he better get his parents to fill a few more suitcases with Benji's...and put those puppies on the next Volaris to the Federal Dist.

This thang aint over yet.

If they secured 6 on Cox and Spectrum, then what's the big deal about using CW6? I mean, I can throw a billion theories out as to why they're going with News 8 on CW San Diego, but it won't make any sense because the higher ups aren't even sure what they're doing.

I'm assuming KNSD has not gotten Telemundo on channel 20 on every provider in the County, yet that still hasn't stopped them from branding it as Telemundo 20...

People are going to be confused no matter what.

• They didn't market this affiliation change properly,

• Their branding is stupid and confusing,

• The anchor assignments leave you scratching your head. I mean, really, 2 anchors to do a half-hour 10pm show?

It's clear that the GM, ND, Creative Services, Sales and everyone else did not bother to talk to one another and get on the same page as to what they wanted and how to present a polished product. When the GM goes out and gives and interview saying that they're going to program newscasts at X, Y and Z, O'clock, and then a month+ later you learn it's not the case, that makes you realize that someone(s) dropped the ball. Bigly.

Oh, and now you throw money away by rebranding your main station...again, when you just spent a pretty penny doing so a few years prior. Go figure.

If they secured 6 on Cox and Spectrum, then what's the big deal about using CW6? I mean, I can throw a billion theories out as to why they're going with News 8 on CW San Diego, but it won't make any sense because the higher ups aren't even sure what they're doing.

Oh, and now you throw money away by rebranding your main station...again, when you just spent a pretty penny doing so a few years prior. Go figure.

What's the point anymore????

We got a Drone Ranger out of the deal...

And there are poor kids starving in India with flies on their faces.

We should rejoice I guess.

Yippeee!

Oh lookie....it's drone ranger 73920...wonderful....

Yippeee!

Wrong transaction???

Nevermind.

i quit.

Yippeee!

I wonder if they can shoot that drone ranger out of the truck? Would be awesome to see.

Can you imagine:

Arrive on scene, push a button, and BOOM out goes NBCDroneTelemundoRanger 73920...only to be crushed to pieces by Chopper 8 or will it be Chopper 6, hmm?. Either way, Womp, womp.

I wonder if they can shoot that drone ranger out of the truck? Would be awesome to see.

Can you imagine:

Arrive on scene, push a button, and BOOM out goes NBCDroneTelemundoRanger 73920...only to be crushed to pieces by Chopper 8 or will it be Chopper 6, hmm?. Either way, Womp, womp.

Buy me one of these and our wish can come true...

http://www.pki-electronic.com/products/jamming-systems/portable-jammer-for-video-transmission-systems/

That whole site is full of yummy things.

Please don't show that Olsen kid.

So I have to change the license plate on my green VW now?

They do seem to have replaced "09 DISTRITO FEDERAL" with "09 CIUDAD DE MÉXICO" on stuff, even though recent pre-2016 plates also said Ciudad de México which usually was on the logo of the then-current government.

(Also, some of these old Distrito Federal plates are pretty cool.)

Well Midnight (or 12:01am) would officially be May 31st. They'll probably switchover to Spanish programming by that point.

No, it's midnight on May 30. And 6.1 looks to be going dark totally, but little would surprise me at this point.

IMG_2341.thumb.PNG.3a1c9f1240b77819901ac5b2dabc97db.PNG

No, it's midnight on May 30. And 6.1 looks to be going dark totally, but little would surprise me at this point.

[ATTACH=full]4023[/ATTACH]

Lines up with the idea of C5 sliding to 6.1 — they probably don't have that data in the program stream (they do have correct program data for C5 on 6.2 though).

TitanTV, BTW, lacks any data for Azteca (Azteca América excluded), Imagen (understandable, it is a bit new) and Canal Once (also understandable, this isn't something they'd need usually).

On that guide graphic you're showing now, start at May 30th at 11pm. At midnight (one hour later) it will officially be May 31st (a brand new day). So the last day for CW primetime on XETV will be the 30th.

On that guide graphics you're showing now its start at on May 30th at 11pm. At midnight it will officially be May 31st.(a brand new date).

It's weird because it showed data for 6.1 until June 1 at midnight until today, when the data for May 31 apparently went away.

I have a feeling it could be something that changes quite a few more times until the switch is made..

It's weird because it showed data for 6.1 until June 1 at midnight until today, when the data for May 31 apparently went away.

I have a feeling it could be something that changes quite a few more times until the switch is made..

Everything relating to the CW SD switch have been a complete mess since the January announcement.

Aha! Only one minute of downtime between the closedown of 6.1 and the sign on of 8.2. Sounds like, in theory, a simple and painless switch for the telcos.

The only remaining question now is if KFMB bought XETV's syndicated programming inventory.

Aha! Only one minute of downtime between the closedown of 6.1 and the sign on of 8.2. Sounds like, in theory, a simple and painless switch for the telcos.

The only remaining question now is if KFMB bought XETV's syndicated programming inventory.

Looks like they now have all those 6's they wanted on CATV...

Now if they could just get Clearasil to sponsor "Pimple Chopper 8".

They must have enough program inventory to fill the schedule, I suppose. I'm a bit surprised that they did not at least mention what kind of syndicated programming they plan to air on cw.

And back to my broken record rant on branding: they have the 6 spot secured on all but one major provider.... (fill in the rest of the rant).

They must have enough program inventory to fill the schedule, I suppose. I'm a bit surprised that they did not at least mention what kind of syndicated programming they plan to air on cw.

And back to my broken record rant on branding: they have the 6 spot secured on all but one major provider.... (fill in the rest of the rant).

Right? I'm theorizing that they will eventually be the hub for CBS TV syndicated programming like Rachael Ray, The Doctors, Hot Bench, maybe the new DailyMailTV show (though it seems like it was picked up for Tribune stations, so must be going to KSWB), but who knows?

I do wonder if they plan to give Kyle Kraska a sports show to air after the 10PM news.

Seriously, I feel like our minds here could have opened a more organized sub channel launch.

What's DirecTV holding out for? Are they seriously going to carry XETV Canal 5 come 5/31? Now that would be uncharted territory. (Either that or they force all subs to be next to their parent stations.)

Right? I'm theorizing that they will eventually be the hub for CBS TV syndicated programming like Rachael Ray, ....

I do wonder if they plan to give Kyle Kraska a sports show to air after the 10PM news.

We could shoot a lot of holes into that theory.

We could shoot a lot of holes into that theory.

I see what you did there... thanks for PAINTing that visual into my head.

*I'll show myself out, now.

---------------------------------------------------------

On a side note: how long before we start hearing Dan and Nichelle complain about having to anchor an extra 2 hours and Carlo and Barbara-Lee only have to do an extra 30 minutes?

They bought all of it except the weekend portion, which someone at KFMB said would most likely land on XDTV. Also, The CW never approached KUSI or XDTV after leaving XETV. The CW, as we all probably know, was a package deal for the CBS renewal. Just figured that'd be worth noting.

This includes all shows that would have premiered on XETV in syndication for fall 2017-18.

They bought all of it except the weekend portion, which someone at KFMB said would most likely land on XDTV. Also, The CW never approached KUSI or XDTV after leaving XETV. The CW, as we all probably know, was a package deal for the CBS renewal. Just figured that'd be worth noting.

Interesting. But i'm a little perplexed about it. If it was part of the package deal for the affiliation renewal then A.) this deal was contingent on XETV not remaining a CW affiliate, B.) KFM must have known waaay before January that they were going to take on the CW, in which case, why were they so unprepared for the changes then? There's a few missing pieces in this whole affiliation switch mess.

And on a side note, they replaced that static logo insert on the front of the desk with a curved monitor.

Interesting. But i'm a little perplexed about it. If it was part of the package deal for the affiliation renewal then A.) this deal was contingent on XETV not remaining a CW affiliate, B.) KFM must have known waaay before January that they were going to take on the CW, in which case, why were they so unprepared for the changes then? There's a few missing pieces in this whole affiliation switch mess. And on a side note, they replaced that static logo insert on the front of the desk with a curved monitor.

That being contingent on XETV not remaining a CW affiliate made sense. DTV made a point of saying they'd be interested in CW but it was pretty much a foregone conclusion that CW would go to FMB. Between that and no other station being considered, one could almost say that Midwest bought XETV, moved it across the border and moved it to a subchannel of KFMB, creating a duopoly in a really slick way.

Archived