San Diego CW affiliation moving from XETV to KFMB

AKA

I think that position is in LA

Wow,

I just saw the Keri Lane teacher layoff live shot and I have to say she looks and sounds 1000% better. But I swear if I see one more schools package with blurred video i'm gonna scream.

When did blurring school kid video become the norm? They don't blur it when talking about good things....but mention free lunches...poor test scores...or school lockdowns and the blur bar comes out.

Mention Teachers pay, better school lunches...better test scores...and the blur bar is gone.

Most white kid stories don't get blurred...but mention minorities......

Blur

Blur

Blur

sluuuuurrrrrp!

Have you seen the faces of those little boogers? I would blur them out too...

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So the ghost of XETV is living on at the website. You just know someone has those facebook and twitter logons...I'm waiting for Jenny Day or Renee Kohn to get drunk and start posting in the night.

The must reported on "new sign" at KFMB is MIA.....GONE.

The front lot is open at XETV, but there is a Skylift on the east side of the bldg.

The website keeps putting on....the WX is updating and the Radar is working. The servers are still serving archived video. http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local-news/

KFMB is still silent...

Could that actually be the overall strategy?

Hope nobody notices the switch?

Keep the San Diego CW branding...keep the web address...and hope to hell you get those 2 cable assignments?

A "soft" launch on June 1st just in case all the ducks are NOT in the row with cable channels???

Is that the plan???

Hummmmmmm

First off, long-time reader, first-time poster - now...

This situation with KFMB/XETV and their lack of communication bears some similarity to a changeover that occurred up here last year.

Prior to 2016, we had two premium movie services that were geographically restricted to two different parts of the country - divided between the Manitoba-Ontario border.

Movie Central - owned by Corus Entertainment/Shaw was seen in Western Canada (including the territories) and The Movie Network - owned by Bell Media, broadcast to Eastern Canada. Both services jointly marketed and operated an HBO branded channel on their services and co-produced original Canadian films and series to run on both services.

In July 2015, Bell recieved permission to take TMN national and subsequently four months later Bell paid Corus $200 Million Dollars to shut down Movie Central - or as they put it, "support the national expansion" of TMN and to waive their rights to the HBO library in Canada and to ensure a 'seamless' transition.

Bell ran a promo during the Oscars on CTV (which they also own) targeted to viewers in Western Canada about the changeover occurring 2 days later on March 1st, 2016. Program schedules on the MC website listed the same movies as TMN for March 1st and beyond and the MC social media accounts only made mention of the changeover after the fact.

Not-so eagle eyed viewers in the west likely saw it as a name change/rebrand - TMN previously had 'themed' channels but went with numerical/generic branding on their feeds and programming as Movie Central had been using for their feeds (with the exception of HBO).

One thought, does CBS have any big events besides the ACM Awards coming up? Is it possible for KFMB is waiting for a big event in May to announce channel placements both cable/over-the-air for The CW?

I think that position is in LA

Have you seen the faces of those little boogers? I would blur them out too...

Jason has to eat too...hopefully not little boogers...

$100 says Jason applied for the LA gig anyway...just to see if anyone cares.

Jason has to eat too...hopefully not little boogers...

$100 says Jason applied for the LA gig anyway...just to see if anyone cares.

I'm not sure if the position is even open, but they haven't filled Ross Becker's spot at KUSI since he left back in December. Not sure if McKinnon is willing to spend the money to hire Jason.

I'm not sure if the position is even open, but they haven't filled Ross Becker's spot at KUSI since he left back in December. Not sure if McKinnon is willing to spend the money to hire Jason.

While we are on the subject of Jason Austell...

Has anyone heard from Officer Phil?

Last I knew he was joining a nudist colony in Montana.

(I'm just making up shit now.)

KUSI is always the last resort for those who don't want to leave SD or as others would say the rejects.

KUSI is always the last resort for those who don't want to leave SD or as others would say the rejects.

They are NOT Rejects...

They are "Rescues"....

I'm adopting Lisa.

KUSI is the Goodwill of tv stations. It's the place where old junk comes to get recycled and gets new life for a poor unsuspecting owner. Every once in a while, you get that little black dress. So the moral of the story? Beats me, there is no moral to the story. Just make sure to thoroughly wash your Goodwill items...

Well I'll be damned.[URL='http://www.kusi.com/story/35134468/kusi-welcomes-jason-austell-to-good-morning-san-diego'] Jason Austell is joining KUSI[/URL] as their weekend AM news anchor... See @Eat News, was I right, or was I right?! LOL

[quote name='A3N']Well I'll be damned.[URL='http://www.kusi.com/story/35134468/kusi-welcomes-jason-austell-to-good-morning-san-diego'] Jason Austell is joining KUSI[/URL] as their weekend AM news anchor... See @Eat News, was I right, or was I right?! LOL[/QUOTE] Holy Hashtag you nailed that one. But something tells me this is not going to end well...when it does end. Do we have a condition status on Plante?

Holy Hashtag you nailed that one.

But something tells me this is not going to end well...when it does end.

Do we have a condition status on Plante?

He looked very nervous during his introduction. You could tell that didn't want to be there, but the guy needs the job.

As for Dan... thank goodness he'll be off the desk. I don't know how they could allow him to be on the desk with all the bufoonery he brings. I'd be interesting to know if he'll stick around as a reporter, or if he'll leave the station altogether. Wouldn't be the first time that KUSI demoted one if it's anchors, yet kept them around...

He looked very nervous during his introduction. You could tell that didn't want to be there, but the guy needs the job.

As for Dan... thank goodness he'll be off the desk. I don't know how they could allow him to be on the desk with all the bufoonery he brings. I'd be interesting to know if he'll stick around as a reporter, or if he'll leave the station altogether. Wouldn't be the first time that KUSI demoted one if it's anchors, yet kept them around...

It's like those sucker fish,

Once they get to KUSI they hold on for dear life....it's the last stop. The Social Security Administration has an office at KUSI...the KUSI news vans double up for Meals on Wheels ...

More catheters from Liberty Medical are delivered to KUSI than any other TV station in the free world.

Lisa Rimallard likes the "older men" at KUSI...and not the High School PPR guys.

There is a space in the lunch room freezer for John Coleman's head.....

The DNA of every KUSI anchor is stuck under the news desk in the form of chewing gum....years and years of old gum. I dare them to put those nasty fingers up in there.

The DNA of every KUSI anchor is stuck under the news desk in the form of chewing gum....years and years of old gum. I dare them to put those nasty fingers up in there.

Then why keep Coleman's head if they could clone him?

Besides, I'm pretty sure WLS has dibs on the body.

It's like those sucker fish,

Once they get to KUSI they hold on for dear life....it's the last stop. The Social Security Administration has an office at KUSI...the KUSI news vans double up for Meals on Wheels ...

More catheters from Liberty Medical are delivered to KUSI than any other TV station in the free world.

Lisa Rimallard likes the "older men" at KUSI...and not the High School PPR guys.

I'm guessing he took a pay cut when he went over to XETV, so no doubt, the same applies to KUSI. But, he lucked out that KUSI took him in, given how tight things are budget wise at every station in the market.

Now the waiting game to see where Lynda and Neda will end up at

Hopefully Neda stays in the market. That being said, she'd be a perfect fit at NBC 7, if they had an open spot...

Hopefully Neda stays in the market. That being said, she'd be a perfect fit at NBC 7, if they had an open spot...

It's a giant battle of the freelancers, and now XETV has added more to the already flooded market. Every single one jealous of that Greci Agulerra and her 5am weekend 5k fun run live shots.

You can bet the rest of the B list at KUSI is getting nervous. KUSI uses opportunities like this as management tool to keep the minions in line. The other stations take advantage of the situation also with a giant pool of desperate women and twinks willing to do ANYTHING to get that coveted 5am 5k live shot.

The last one to leave Burning Man has to pick up all the trash.

It's a giant battle of the freelancers, and now XETV has added more to the already flooded market. Every single one jealous of that Greci Agulerra and her 5am weekend 5k fun run live shots.

You can bet the rest of the B list at KUSI is getting nervous. KUSI uses opportunities like this as management tool to keep the minions in line. The other stations take advantage of the situation also with a giant pool of desperate women and twinks willing to do ANYTHING to get that coveted 5am 5k live shot.

The last one to leave Burning Man has to pick up all the trash.

The last 4-5 years have been a revolving door at KGTV, so all them newbies are not a big surprise.

Oh, and I forgot to mention the other day, but they finally filled Itica's spot on the evening news with some anchorette (lady anchor) from Fresno named Lindsay Peña.

Now, you see just HOW fast they filled Itica's spot...? Meaning, that her departure from the station had been planned for a while.

And I'm not sure, but I believe this new chick bumped Kim off the 5pm, I gotta watch 10 to confirm--but it must suck for Kim, seeing that they just hired her future replacement and now she has to work with her.

The last 4-5 years have been a revolving door at KGTV, so all them newbies are not a big surprise.

Oh, and I forgot to mention the other day, but they finally filled Itica's spot on the evening news with some anchorette (lady anchor) from Fresno named Lindsay Peña.

Now, you see just HOW fast they filled Itica's spot...? Meaning, that her departure from the station had been planned for a while.

And I'm not sure, but I believe this new chick bumped Kim off the 5pm, I gotta watch 10 to confirm--but it must suck for Kim, seeing that they just hired her future replacement and now she has to work with her.

They better "foam the runway" at KUSI.

Oh hell did you see this Mary Mckenzie yet? I can't wait to see what secret code name they give her. maybe RKO has some info on her since she is from his area .

I saw a Pena package last night and there was no stand-up. So I BG'ed her and it looks like she was loved in fresburgh....but everybody on tv is LOVED in Fresno...loved just like a hospice.

They better "foam the runway" at KUSI.

Oh hell did you see this Mary Mckenzie yet? I can't wait to see what secret code name they give her. maybe RKO has some info on her since she is from his area .

I saw a Pena package last night and there was no stand-up. So I BG'ed her and it looks like she was loved in fresburgh....but everybody on tv is LOVED in Fresno...loved just like a hospice.

Will they hire her back at KUSI seeing as she bolted from there to go back to 10? Seems like a big no-no. And now you want to come back with your tail between your legs asking for a job? Yeah, good luck to Kim with that. Then again, her and Billy Ray have a lot of money, she can afford a nice early retirement.

While we're on the topic of KUSI. Sandra Maas got her hair done a few weeks ago, and I swear her and Barbara-Lee Edwards look like mother/daughter. Hell, if Barb wants to peek as to how she's going to look in about 15-20 years, she should flip the the channel one up.

Has anyone heard from Officer Phil?

Last I knew he was joining a nudist colony in Montana.

(I'm just making up shit now.)

After his retirement last April, Phil has purchased a small travel trailer, and been on the road posting photos and videos mostly on Facebook but also on his website: http://verybigphotos.com/travels.html

Archived