San Diego CW affiliation moving from XETV to KFMB

AKA

Here's a promo (thanks FTVLive) from Fox5 trying to woo XETV viewers over to them. Everything about it is too overtly staged.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVR_p-lMbqE

Look at all of those fake, happy, obnoxious, over-exaggerated smiles. Those people are dead inside.

If there's one thing I hate, it's those over cynical morning news promos. Here's another promo from Fox 5; albeit a bit more sensible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWkqAf6gFuY

Is the CW programming still on over-the-air?

Yes. CW programs will continue to be seen on 6.1 until May 31st. Afterwards, programming can be found on KFMB's 8.3.

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If there's one thing I hate, it's those over cynical morning news promos. Here's another promo from Fox 5; albeit a bit more sensible.

Yes. CW programs will continue to be seen on 6.1 until May 31st. Afterwards, programming can be found on KFMB's 8.3.

Yes...

And cable channel 6653442996754 where available.

Anything that has Kathleen Bade in it, is always sensible. 12/10 good promo.

They should make a Going Out of Business sale ad for that...

"After 64 years in San Diego, it's time for us to SELL OUT and GET OUT! Our loss is your gain!"

"If you're dumb enough to buy a TV station this weekend, you're dumb enough to come to Big Bill Hell's Used TV Station Emporium!"

The KFMB early 90s theme that's a piece of production music (not the "tail end of the 80s" one) would be an uncanny fit. I'm trying to find the library with no luck. I heard it in a car dealer commercial on the radio within the past year.

I'm dying to know if CW attempted to sign a deal with KUSI before going to KFMB and KUSI felt their demo was far too old for the network. I still find it unbelievable CW would rather be on a HD3 substation than KUSI.

I'm dying to know if CW attempted to sign a deal with KUSI before going to KFMB and KUSI felt their demo was far too old for the network. I still find it unbelievable CW would rather be on a HD3 substation than KUSI.

Or XDTV. Entravision does have the CW in Reno and McAllen. One more wouldn't hurt them. MyNetwork could have just suffered the two hour delay on yet another affiliate.

From how Eat News told it, rumors were being floated by XETV types that KUSI was making a bid for CW. It sounds like they couldn't agree to financial terms.

I don't think it has to do too much with demos, but rather that having an affiliation, KUSI would be contractually obligated to air the network shows in the correct time spot. Of course the exception would be breaking news, etc. And seeing as KUSI likes the flexibility of being an independent, the CW didn't make much sense for them.

From how Eat News told it, rumors were being floated by XETV types that KUSI was making a bid for CW. It sounds like they couldn't agree to financial terms.

I never said KUSI was in the mix.

If I DID it was a mistake.

"If you're dumb enough to buy a TV station this weekend, you're dumb enough to come to Big Bill Hell's Used TV Station Emporium!"

This event ends the minute after you write us a check! And it better not bounce or you're a dead mother fucker!

Archived