San Diego CW affiliation moving from XETV to KFMB

AKA

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Desirable?

Yes and No

They cannot demand 6 under must carry...that's the issue i'm running on.

They want 6 across the board....not a mish mash of must carry channels all over the cable dials..

I don't know the legal issues re: having a sub channel under must carry....because they already invoked must carry under CH-8...and the new CW will be only a sub-channel...so I really don't know that answer.

Anyone???

They invoked "must carry" for channel 8? What the hell, I thought they couldn't do that if they were requesting/demanding retrans fees from the cable operators?

And on an extra side note, all this juicy stuff that gets posted in this thread somehow gets ripped off by those other peepz on the interwebz, who then claim it as their own info. Good thing we don't have any screen shots in this thread or those would have been ripped off as well.:cool:

*Watch the KFMB being sold rumor start to heat up like a dry Christmas tree.

Yes , that is also how I understand the structure to be at BCTV..

But,

Unlike Mexican radio, XETV does not run the usual compliment of GOBC, national and other required PSA's...

They also never have run "The Mexican National Hour" like radio does.

I actually have never seen the PSA's on the other "local" TJ stations either. But they are all over the radio.

" We support a corruption free goverment, and equality for all citizens of Mexico."

Just the entire Mexican national anthem at 5am each day on XETV....all verses.

Actually I've seen a few Mexican PSAs on XETV 6.1, as seen in this clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=3nARTvvlmG4

this was over the air though, I didn't notice if they carried the same PSAs on cable.

On a side note: try listening to the PSAs that run on 105.7 Max FM (XHPRS) - Mexican PSAs but in English, with some really corny music.

Actually I've seen a few Mexican PSAs on XETV 6.1, as seen in this clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=3nARTvvlmG4

this was over the air though, I didn't notice if they carried the same PSAs on cable.

On a side note: try listening to the PSAs that run on 105.7 Max FM (XHPRS) - Mexican PSAs but in English, with some really corny music.

I have about 90 minutes worth of BCA's PSA translations. They are amazing in every way imaginable.

YES! Those are the ones that are played on 105.7, especially overnights. Cringeworthingly fun!

The horrendous voice acting. The butchering of place names and even acronyms of government agencies. The awkward and overly literal translations. I could do better!

The most I've ever seen them edit a script was when a political party ran an anti-Trump ad and BCA edited it to say "a certain presidential candidate". I'm sure they've had to explain to some angry callers that they have a concession, not a license, and they have to broadcast those...

P.S. During their business programming one day, they ran this ad and I had to double check what I was hearing...

YES! Those are the ones that are played on 105.7, especially overnights. Cringeworthingly fun!

Not as bad as z90, magic and 91x to the mix.

Has anyone driven by the station to see the new sign?

Not as bad as z90, magic and 91x to the mix.

Has anyone driven by the station to see the new sign?

They don't have those on their online stream (BCA does)... I'd LOVE to hear some of those!

I record off XEPE. I did some off their AM skywave signal (most off the stream), but the nice thing is that ESPN Radio's programming clock is fairly rigid (commercial breaks at roughly :15, :25, :45 and :55 past) and the breaks basically have the same order of one national advertiser, Fuller dealerships, PSAs, and then ESPN Radio spots to fill the break.

The horrendous voice acting. The butchering of place names and even acronyms of government agencies. The awkward and overly literal translations. I could do better!

script was when a political party ran an anti-Trump ad and BCA edited it to say "a certain presidential candidate". I'm sure they've had to explain to some angry callers that they have a concession, not a license, and they have to broadcast those...

P.S. During their business programming one day, they ran this ad and I had to double check what I was hearing...

Thank goodness for those PSA's because now... I NEVER let my little pups play in any abandon drug tunnels.

Wow, very gutsy, KSWB actually did a commercial on XETV's 10 o'clock news inviting viewers to switch stations.

No way!? LOL. Damn, XETV is really going out guns blazing, holding nothing back. I wonder if this is a big FU to KFMB by XETV... Why give the new guy a piece of your audience? If you want them, earn them...

I wonder how long it takes KUSI to figure out that they too can pony up some $$ and advertise on a competitor...

And with less than 4 days left of the newscasts, why is Jason out? Ridiculous that they can't finish out the week on a high note.

Edit: just saw the commercial. Fairly well done. Although just for shit and giggles I would have said : "we took your Fox affiliation 9 years ago, now we want to take what ever little viewers you have left. Fox 5 news. So San Diego?"

That's funny....but smart.

This week may be the last time we see those historic XETV pics. Please people tape and grab as many pics as possible and please post them here.

Could be the last chance.

What the hell.

They're literally like vultures circling around their prey. They ain't even dead yet, and they're already feasting. I guess Dunning and the sales department are trying to scrape in the most cash they can before the end.

Now all we need is for KFMB and KUSI to advertise... they may not grant 8 the opportunity to so for obvious reasons, and KUSI might be too cheap to do it. Maybe KPBS has a few Sesame Street dollars they can spare...

It almost looks like the ads were done by the same person. I noticed some similarities in fonts for the ABC and NBC advertisements.

KGTV's ad is almost a carbon copy of a promo they run on their own channel, the only difference is the beginning when they introduce themselves and mention CW6.

KNSD's ad looks to be in-house and looks consistent with other promos they run.

It almost looks like the ads were done by the same person. I noticed some similarities in fonts for the ABC and NBC advertisements.

Those are different typefaces, but I do see where you could think that — white, rather geometric sans serifs.

What the hell.

They're literally like vultures circling around their prey.

Now all we need is for KFMB and KUSI to advertise... they may not grant 8 the opportunity to so for obvious reasons, and KUSI might be too cheap to do it. Maybe KPBS has a few Sesame Street dollars they can spare...

This is why vultures are circling...

They have been smelling death for years...

One example is this recent story from XETV's pay for play newscast "San Diego Living"...

Four minutes and thirty five seconds of straight monologue by the KPOP group BTS. It's not an 'interview" it's just straight advert for a show that has been sold-out for months. The "host" don't even try to make this interview work because they couldn't give a crap about the subject, they don't have 2 seconds to pull a video off the BTS website so they have b-roll to cover this sat interview.

Thank God the fine lads from BTS are taught at K-pop school how to vamp for 5 minutes in case they encounter lazy inept interviewers...

No questions...

Just this teenager vamping for 4:35 the best he can.

Sell it kid!

http://www.sandiego6.com/bts-international-kpop/

This is why vultures are circling...

They have been smelling death for years...

One example is this recent story from XETV's pay for play newscast "San Diego Living"...

Four minutes and thirty five seconds of straight monologue by the KPOP group BTS. It's not an 'interview" it's just straight advert for a show that has been sold-out for months. The "host" don't even try to make this interview work because they couldn't give a crap about the subject, they don't have 2 seconds to pull a video off the BTS website so they have b-roll to cover this sat interview.

Thank God the fine lads from BTS are taught at K-pop school how to vamp for 5 minutes in case they encounter lazy inept interviewers...

No questions...

Just this teenager vamping for 4:35 the best he can.

Sell it kid!

http://www.sandiego6.com/bts-international-kpop/

Oh for sure. But to be honest, the other stations do it to a certain extent. The only difference is that XETV had a need to do pay for play newscast or even interview because of their limited resources (and you can't forget the SDCCU crap they did a year or so back...).

Channel 8 has done the sponsored package/report on a newscast, but they were really careful to separate from the actual newscast by removing all graphics from the screen. Plus, you also have KUSI and the qualcomm stadium used car sale weekend thingy-majigy with Dave Stall in which he goes live during the commercial break. Oh, and you can't forget Inside San Diego as well. Remember how the set/furniture was furnished by a local company?...

So, I guess what i'm saying is that everyone in town has done it, but not as obvious as XETV.

Archived