KNBC Weather Changes

MonkeyFighter

Based on this tweet, some changes are coming to KNBC's weather lineup.

[MEDIA=twitter]828622269479997440[/MEDIA]

Shanna Mendiola will be taking over for Crystal Egger on the weekday editions of Today in LA.

I tweeted to KNBC to ask about it, and Crystal replied that an announcement is coming soon.

Will Crystal be taking over the evening shift from a retiring Fritz Coleman?

Let us know when Hector's truck gets a new anchorman...

His last anchorman change was over 200,000 miles ago.

Shanna Mendiola will be taking over for Crystal Egger on the weekday editions of Today in LA.

I tweeted to KNBC to ask about it, and Crystal replied that an announcement is coming soon.

Guessing Crystal will either do what you mentioned (taking over for Fritz) or doing the 11 am and one of the early evening shows 4 or 5 pm.

I thought they hired Anthony Yanez to originally do the noon/6pm newscasts and later 4/6pm? So what newscasts are Shana, David and Anthony scheduled for?

I've been under the impression that Shana and David split weekend mornings, Anthony does those evenings, and the 3 split the weekday midday news. If I'm right, that's incredibly messy for no good reason, and you could argue that they're bloated for what their market requires.

I thought they hired Anthony Yanez to originally do the noon/6pm newscasts and later 4/6pm? So what newscasts are Shana, David and Anthony scheduled for?

He was hired to do weekend nights and noon a few days a week. Shana and David were hired to do weekend mornings and noon a few days a week. Currently the 11 am is still split between the 3 but i would assume with Shanna getting bumped up to weekday Today in LA and Crystal changing shifts (not confirmed) perhaps the 11 am will get a regular weather person. But with Crystal's "Announcement coming soon" tweet almost sounds as tho she's leaving KNBC hope not.

I'm laughing because both Crystal and Shanna spent a few years as mets in Denver. I guess we're a favorite stop.

• 2 weeks later...
Shanna is the new Today in LA meteorologist. That job is for whoever replaces Shanna on weekends.

Actually that job was decided/pre-filled before it was posted.

Wait a few weeks for the official announcement.

Just one of those things for the EEO file?

Exactly...

You can bet every single agent in the country has been working that one for a while.

It's funny because many hires still don't even fill out a job application until they are promised the gig. Even under the noses of HR the practice continues.

But you go thru the motions...

• 2 months later...

the job is still posted as of today i wonder if they even filled it,

so as of now what do they do

Shanna is weekday AM

Fitz is weeknight shows

i guess weekend am and pm fill midday shows?

the job is still posted as of today i wonder if they even filled it,

so as of now what do they do

Shanna is weekday AM

Fitz is weeknight shows

i guess weekend am and pm fill midday shows?

Shanna is officially the weekday morning meteorologist. The job posting is for Shanna's old weekend spot. David, Anthony & New person split midday duties in addition to their weekend duties.

Archived