KDKA To Get New Weather Graphics

Ryanthenewsgeek

VIPIR Still runs circles around WSI when it comes to Storm Tracking.

How so? But the whole WSI presentation looks so much better.

I have noticed that stations installing or upgrading new systems have gone with the EEC / WSI solution. Is it because of the price or performance.

That skyline shot with the clouds is amazing. KPIX, KTVU and KGO uses a "3D Version of Google Maps." Looks horrible.

2937jux.png

Two different parts of the WSI suite. The KDKA skyline shot is a picture (WSI requires you take a photo in the same exact space during the day and at night, and in the morning if you want). It's called "Skycast" if I recall correctly. KDKA probably has that 3D map thing too.

What cut of the CBS Enforcer Music Collection is KDKA using for their weather open? Seems like KDKA has been using that particular cut for years now.
This is CBS Enforcer Series 2. Been using that since 2010 when KDKA switched to CBS Enforcer from KDKA Prime.

I've heard through a very reliable source that they will have both WSI and Baron LYNX. LYNX will be used for storm tracking, severe weather, etc. While MAX will be the main display system. There are actually several stations that have that type of setup.
LOOKS like your wrong WXNerd2.

kdka.JPG.83ac74a147c0024d9cb01034286a7960.JPG

I don't like that they still use Weatherbug and Vipir. The Weatherbug maps are so outdated and don't match the look of their new maps. I can see using the Weatherbug video shots, but the maps are just ugly (and always have been). I also don't like that they still use Vipir in the evening newscasts. I guess I could understand during severe weather, but for everyday use, why not use the new system?

Thank you... someone agrees with me on all of this!

I don't like that they still use Weatherbug and Vipir. The Weatherbug maps are so outdated and don't match the look of their new maps. I can see using the Weatherbug video shots, but the maps are just ugly (and always have been). I also don't like that they still use Vipir in the evening newscasts. I guess I could understand during severe weather, but for everyday use, why not use the new system?

Thank you... someone agrees with me on all of this!

I agree as well. IF KDKA used their VIPIR radar for the right purpose like this video from WTKR in Norfolk, It could be very valuable in Severe Weather. KDKA completely under uses VIPIR radar.

Archived