KHOU Building Flooded

Weeters

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KHOU is located next to a Bayou that is flooding... badly. They are reporting that they are preparing to "move upstairs" as the water is just inches away from reaching the ground floor.

Update ... KHOU studio being flooded. Moving upstairs now.

[MEDIA=twitter]901771981699375105[/MEDIA]

-- Matt

They're now in a conference room. Single camera. Tried to toss to a reporter in the field and the stream just went black. Surprised their contingency plan is so poor since this has happened before (2001) and they know the building sits in a floodplain.

EDIT: A behind the scenes of the move:

Well they have the wx computer piped into the conf room...and the lighting is ok. The "founders" photo on the wall are a nice touch.

That room is gonna get musty and stinky real quick.

I gottta say they are pulling it off nicely...heck I'd go as far as calling this ratings gold with the poor little TV station flooded like the rest of the folks.

Work that KHOU for all it's worth...I smell a telethon!

Stay safe...watch for snakes.

khouflood.thumb.jpg.9b22d3a66bf9ee26c2568c945b576f92.jpg

Not to get too TVNT Speculative™, but I wonder if they're soon going to move some talent and broadcast from WFAA.

They're supposedly evaucating completely. So I can only imagine they're working on just that at this moment.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10156754331209062

In the video they say they're going to "Federal Reserve" whatever that means.

They're supposedly evaucating completely. So I can only imagine they're working on just that at this moment.

Yes, they are:

[MEDIA=twitter]901810200029659136[/MEDIA]

Their coverage is basically a reporter doing an extended live shot right now.

This is when the Old Amish Engineers Network kicks in...

One of the local stations will pony up space and rack space to keep KHOU news on the air. Moving the entire news operation to WFAA not practical...moving admin/traffic/sales/etc is practical.

Hey Sinclair...

It would look real cool to the FCC if you just happened to offer to assist KHOU...and all those other stations needing help right now.

Boris???

Feed is down on their YT page at the moment.

This may be a bad time to ask, but does KHOU have insurance on the building, equipment, etc?

That's pretty much a requirement for any business. You probably can't even rent a LiveU backpack without a Certificate of Insurance.

She better get an academe award

She won't, because she's not an actress in a major motion picture.

An regional Emmy, however...

So now that I guess KHOU is officially off air, now wonder what's going to happen? I still have the KHOU.com feed still going

Are any other tv stations (ABC Afilliate, NBC Afilliate) on the same street or affected?

That's pretty much a requirement for any business. You probably can't even rent a LiveU backpack without a Certificate of Insurance.

She won't, because she's not an actress in a major motion picture.

An regional Emmy, however...

I think you knew what I meant

Regional Emmy nothing. She saved a guy's life. That's worth more than a golden statue.

They got a facebook live stream going. They're on the third floor of the Federal Reserve building and their engineers are working to get the station back on air.

Archived