Michele Marsh dead at age 63

Roadgeek Adam

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did Lester comment at all on Michele's passing?

Here is a full broadcast from The last day of 1985, New Years Eve. 32 years ago when Michelle Marsh was at her prime. She anchors with today’s NBC leader, Lester Holt. Clearly a prerequisite platform that he needed to be on to be where he is today. Incredible stuff!

Truly a class act. She will be missed.

I also to this day wonder why JJ, TG and MM were all fired over DT. I guess maybe cause she made less $$$ then they did.

Michele was making 900K and John Johnson over a million and by 1996, Dana probably wasn't making nearly as that.

However, as time has gone on I'm sure Dana, has mature and never knew there was a rift between those two. It always seem that Michele, Ernie and Carol welcome Dana with open arms. Dana, did say nice things when it was her 25th year thanking Jim, Carol and Michele. Sad to hear any icon passing, because watching those youtube clips of Michele are priceless.

Lester Holt sounds so different today (much deeper voice) than he did with that New Years Eve newscast with Michelle. How long was he with CBS 2? I just don't remember him there.

He was at WBBM by 1986.

When WNBC got rid of Michele in 2003 I was hoping that WCBS would hire her. Bill Carey was long gone by then. I think she would have worked out better then Roz Abrams did.

Michele was making 900K and John Johnson over a million and by 1996, Dana probably wasn't making nearly as that.

However, as time has gone on I'm sure Dana, has mature and never knew there was a rift between those two. It always seem that Michele, Ernie and Carol welcome Dana with open arms. Dana, did say nice things when it was her 25th year thanking Jim, Carol and Michele. Sad to hear any icon passing, because watching those youtube clips of Michele are priceless.

BTW does anyone have video of Michele from 9/11? I remember Michele was driving in from CT and was unable to drive into NYC so I think she drove home and then from there got a ride to a train station and took a bunch of train's and subways and made it into the Bronx by the afternoon and did reports from the Bronx at around 5 and then made it to the studio for a special report around 9. The point being Michele was really dedicated to reporting and getting information out to people.

BTW does anyone have video of Michele from 9/11? I remember Michele was driving in from CT and was unable to drive into NYC so I think she drove home and then from there got a ride to a train station and took a bunch of train's and subways and made it into the Bronx by the afternoon and did reports from the Bronx at around 5 and then made it to the studio for a special report around 9. The point being Michele was really dedicated to reporting and getting information out to people.

Michele was one of the best female anchors in New York City, bar none. Her anchoring and reporting were excellent, second to none.

Agreed. Sue Simmons was a legand in her own way and Michele and Sue were very different from one another tho Michele had qualities as an anchor and reporter that Sue didn't. That's why Michele not Sue co-anchored election coverage.

Michele was one of the best female anchors in New York City, bar none. Her anchoring and reporting were excellent, second to none.

Agreed. Sue Simmons was a legand in her own way and Michele and Sue were very different from one another tho Michele had qualities as an anchor and reporter that Sue didn't. That's why Michele not Sue co-anchored election coverage.

Don't forget about Carol Martin she was in the same class as well too.

It was a show called Americas Talking that she hosted or still hosts.

I think she started at WCBS TV back in 1975 as a reporter, she probably was in her early 20s then and is probably in her mid 60s now .

It was a show called Americas Talking that she hosted or still hosts.

I think she started at WCBS TV back in 1975 as a reporter, she probably was in her early 20s then and is probably in her mid 60s now .

I think America's Talking was the cable channel NBC transformed into MSNBC.

Haven’t heard anything from Carol Martin in years. Hope she’s still around

She was on Good Day New York/Midday for a couple years back in like 2001 or 2002 I think. She was only there for like a year or two and then left.

I haven't heard of her either since.

Seriously people, it's one thing to go off-topic in other threads but to do so in this thread is in really bad taste. We should be discussing Michelle, not anyone else.

Seriously people, it's one thing to go off-topic in other threads but to do so in this thread is in really bad taste. We should be discussing Michelle, not anyone else.

Overreacting a bit? Relax, nothing disrespectful has been said. Michelle was a great anchor/reporter and a great person outside of the newsroom.

Pretty sure she’s not rolling in her grave upset that anonymous posters on tvnewstalk.net are not dedicating every post in a thread to her.

That said, there is nothing off topic here. A legend and pioneer for women in local NYC television broadcasting passed. Reminiscing about other legends who were her contemporaries is not off topic nor is it disrespectful.

Pretty sure she’s not rolling in her grave upset that anonymous posters on tvnewstalk.net are not dedicating every post in a thread to her.

That said, there is nothing off topic here. A legend and pioneer for women in local NYC television broadcasting passed. Reminiscing about other legends who were her contemporaries is not off topic nor is it disrespectful.

If this was a thread about reminiscing of NY news legends then yes, this thread wouldn't be off topic.

I would support the "Obits Only" room or thread idea...

The "TVNT Memorial Garden"???

It will be 21 years ago this Saturday that Michele Marsh and John Johnson debuted on WNBC. It was the day before the Yankee's Parade. It would be nice if someone had a video from the noon or 6 pm newscast from that day. I remember at the end of the 6 pm newscast they had popcorn for Michele's first day. Those were truly the good ole days. I think if Sue Simmons wasn't the 11 pm co-anchor that Michele would have replaced whoever the female co-anchor for the 11 pm newscast was. WNBC must have been thrilled the day that WCBS decided to can Michele and John.

It will be 21 years ago this Saturday that Michele Marsh and John Johnson debuted on WNBC. It was the day before the Yankee's Parade. It would be nice if someone had a video from the noon or 6 pm newscast from that day. I remember at the end of the 6 pm newscast they had popcorn for Michele's first day. Those were truly the good ole days. I think if Sue Simmons wasn't the 11 pm co-anchor that Michele would have replaced whoever the female co-anchor for the 11 pm newscast was. WNBC must have been thrilled the day that WCBS decided to can Michele and John.

I hope someone has the footage on YouTube. I'd like to see it

Archived