KTVX New Set

TampaBowler

I am salivating. Kudos to Nexstar for actually putting out a pretty good set design that doesn't include a certain desk that was copied from KLAS (the industrial theme is an interesting choice). Also, they've gone back to using the "News 4 Utah" branding, which hasn't been used in years.

EDIT: It appears they have switched from Overture to Guardian for music.

The logo that reads "News ABC 4 Utah" is a kludge, but you know what I don't see anywhere?

Purple!

Thankfully the purple is gone! I believe that the opens and L3 have changed too. I didn't like that KABC imitation.

Looks GOOD! Are those the new Nexstar ABC graphics?

They might as well be. Come to think of it, the graphics look sorta like a combination of KABC and WABC's current looks. Need to see it all in action though to make a judgement call.

I am salivating. Kudos to Nexstar for actually putting out a pretty good set design that doesn't include a certain desk that was copied from KLAS (the industrial theme is an interesting choice). Also, they've gone back to using the "News 4 Utah" branding, which hasn't been used in years.

EDIT: It appears they have switched from Overture to Guardian for music.

Nexstar can’t seem to stick with a color for the Utah shape of the logo. First it was red in 1994, then blue in 2007, then orange-redish in 2013, now back to red in a span of 23 years.

Nexstar can’t seem to stick with a color for the Utah shape of the logo. First it was red in 1994, then blue in 2007, then orange-redish in 2013, now back to red in a span of 23 years.

The change from red to blue happened during the Clear Channel days at KTVX. The change to the current logo happened almost a year after Nexstar purchased the station.

The change from red to blue happened during the Clear Channel days at KTVX. The change to the current logo happened almost a year after Nexstar purchased the station.

Honestly the current logo (excluding the massive "UTAH" plastered on it, and the ABC logo that must be stuck on it to appease the network) is timeless and would have worked in any era.

Looks good! Are those the new Nexstar ABC graphics?

They might as well be. Come to think of it, the graphics look sorta like a combination of KABC and WABC's current looks. Need to see it all in action though to make a judgement call.

Looks like they are actually. WDHN in Dothan, Alabama took the wraps off their new set today and they're getting the same graphics.

In case you're wondering what they look like, here are the first few minutes of a recent newscast which showcases these graphics. It contains the open at 1:23 and looks really nice.

(courtesy of Kim Fischer's YouTube channel)

Oooo....I like!

Archived