Gassing Video

Eat News

The cable nets are running the Syrian gassing video CNN has then opt-out warning FNC and MSNBC are running it with opt-out.

What does your local station do?

Run the video with the warning...

Or blur the video ...

In Socal most stations are so freaked out that they blur covered body's under those yellow tarps. They blur schoolkids that get bad test scores and free lunches. They blur fat people and "gay" people (the ones they think are gay).

They also blur kids at playgrounds....just because.

Are we too sensitized to see kids getting gassed in the real world?

The news director in me says....run the video, but with a warning.

Viewers sometimes complain about seeing video of body bags during a newscast. While some stations can go overboard with it, I think the public is better served by seeing the reality of a situation. For a story on a homicide, seeing the body carted away is not unreasonable. Same thing with war images.

A legitmate question for a news director. I would probably show it with a warning.

Although the reality that is being shown is very grim, it might contain the truest look of reality within the story. However, there are caveats to this.

1) If you know that the local market might not appreciate it, than show the video but blur out certain parts.

2) If you are an affiliated newscast with a network, if the network shows it unedited, than you show it unedited with a warning. If its edited..than you can show it edited.

The cable nets are running the Syrian gassing video CNN has then opt-out warning FNC and MSNBC are running it with opt-out.

What does your local station do?

Run the video with the warning...

Or blur the video ...

In Socal most stations are so freaked out that they blur covered body's under those yellow tarps. They blur schoolkids that get bad test scores and free lunches. They blur fat people and "gay" people (the ones they think are gay).

They also blur kids at playgrounds....just because.

Are we too sensitized to see kids getting gassed in the real world?

WTF is wrong with you? Gassing people is not a joke. Only a sick person like you would make jokes about it (fat people, gay people, stupid kids).

I would show it with a warning to get children out of the room, to show everyone the truth about life in Syria. Anything that shows blood and gore is off limits on local news, IMO.

Fox News once put a full-length ISIS burning video on their website in 2015. It takes massive balls to do something like that.

I would show it with a warning to let get children out of the room, to show everyone the truth about life in Syria. Anything that shows blood and gore is off limits on local news, IMO.

Fox News once put a full-length ISIS burning video on their website in 2015. It takes massive balls to do something like that.

isn't that what censors are for? sometimes the reporter will warn the viewer if its graphic.

Archived