WJXT new set

Nosyviewer

I'm...not impressed, tbh.

PLG's set has almost European-style depth to it. This just feels very standard. Definitely has some texture--and at least it doesn't blatantly look like another monitor wall (I know it is)--but I was hoping for something better from a station that recently touted dominance over some network shows in prime time.

If this is what they're going up against Cox's WJAX/WFOX and their behemoth of a set with, they need to get their money back. This is great for a small market on a budget, but we're talking about the 10,000 pound gorilla in a Top 50 market. I expected much better than this.

Is it just me, or does Wills have that “I am not amused” look on his face? (And if so, who could blame him?)

He always seems to nowadays. I think he needs to consider that word that starts with R.

I don't think it looks that bad at all. Although, there does seem to be a lot of open space over by the green screen, and I'm curious to see what that part is kind of hidden behind everything else. Keep in mind, we're looking at a distorted 360 degree picture. Everyone here thought WISH's new digs looked awful, then people changed their mind once they saw it live.

Just watched their newscasts new set is meh still better than first coast news

their set doesnt touch the cox set at all i was excitied for them but just meh

It's better than First Coast News because First Coast News ditched their physical set awhile ago and went for a full-on virtual set. They do everything from a giant green box they constructed in the back of the studio. Remnants of their old early 2000s newsplex-type set are still in there (the second story at least, with the bottom half and the staircase ripped out for multiple "green boxes") I'd imagine whatever was left of the FX Group set they destroyed beyond repair when they ripped out the accents and painted it black was torn down, or is probably still sitting there since they don't seem to like to get rid of anything. Their studio is very cramped.

I don't think it looks that bad at all. Although, there does seem to be a lot of open space over by the green screen, and I'm curious to see what that part is kind of hidden behind everything else. Keep in mind, we're looking at a distorted 360 degree picture. Everyone here thought WISH's new digs looked awful, then people changed their mind once they saw it live.

Well I saw it live, and I can tell you it sucks.

By the way, despite the negativity that you guys are saying about WJXT's new set, it does replace one that they've used for TWO decades, save for some minor refreshes.

After two decades, you'd think they'd come up with something better than that.

I think the Noon and 11pm come from there as well.

Studio B is the one they have been using with the circular desk and the huge screen behind

this morning the 430-7hours of the morning show where in A 7-10 where in B at least the few minutes i caught every hour

Archived