WABC slight update

SevenHD

Today starting on the 5:00 news they updated their coming up graphics. Its a very similar set up to the previous ones except they are much sharper and a little bit smaller. Similar to how they updated their weather graphics a few months ago. So I guess these are all of the changes we will see. They probably make more dramatic changes in about 3 years from now. To be honest with everyone I am perfectly happy on how everything looks at WABC. In my opinion their new set beats Channel 2 and Fox5. Its almost as good as WNBC's now that they enlarged the skyline and make it sharper. I don't know why so many people hate their graphics. However, it would be nice if they updated their music.

It must be because I don't live in the market, but it's amazing how horrible they look in many respects. Maybe I'm high and righteous in #126, who knows, but the size of fonts and overall looks, not to mention music, seems at least 4+ years out of date.

Speaking of not "doing everything perfectly." I'm watching Ch. 7 last night for the lotto numbers and they flashed the Mega Millions numbers for less than 5 seconds...I was able to write two numbers down.

How is it, one of the biggest drawings of the year, and they fail to show the numbers just a tad bit longer?

I am watching the Noon newscast this Labor Day and have noticed that they have fixed the ABC7 logo bug problem with those 2 annoying dots.

The stationary gfx (side bar, split screen, etc.) looks horrible though.

Yeah its something I've been wondering about. Everything seems to have taken a turn for the worse graphics wise. Terribly Worse. All the graphics are now stationary for some reason. The big blue background side bar Circle 7 no longer animates. Nothing animates the OTS animations no longer occur. And the new split screen graphics for the teases are even uglier. Again this can probably be signs that they are getting things ready for the new graphics to come soon along with the music, by turning off some special features like the animations and etc and prep them for the new graphics.

Why do they have to go back to the newsroom? They have plenty of room now in that studio now that Live with Regis and Kelly has moved. Can't they just stop the construction whenever there is a newscast. I really hope they don't go back up there. Unless they make a really dramatic change. Not just adding little things to the current set.

I don't recall hearing that they were going back to the newsroom this week. I know they said Liz was returning this week but no mention of the newsroom. I really hope they don't go back there. The newscasts are not the same when there is no interaction between the weather people, sports anchor, and news anchors.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived