Your Christmas Wish List 2007

jdcnow

What would you like to see happen for your stations in the coming year 2008?

Here's my wish list:

KDFW - Go HD (PLEASE!); Dump the talentless Barron James at 5pm and 10pm (I've always said Clarice Tinsley deserves a much better partner); overhaul the weather graphics

KXAS - Take a wrecking ball to the place. You think I'm kidding? The only things that needs to be left standing would be morning met Rebecca Miller and chief met David Finfrock in the weather division, and the likeable traffic reporter Tammy Dombeck (although I would change her title to "traffic analyst" from the present and very stupid "GRIDLOCK BUSTER!!!"). Everything else and everybody else (including the dull Mike Snyder and ditzy Jane McGarry) would be gone. At the present, anyone whose spent 5 minutes watching a KXAS newscast would walk away asking themselves, "Is this supposed to be a major-market network O&O professional TV station?" Yeah, that's what I was wondering, too. ???

WFAA - The only thing I would seriously change at the Big 8 would be to kick the annoyingly arrogant Pete Delkus to the curb, and make Steve McCauley chief met (a move that should have been planned long before Troy Dungan retired). And for the love of God, Mercy, and everything decent, bring back the horizontal-format 5-day, a WFAA tradition that set 8's weather division apart from the crowd in North Texas for decades, since Fluff was a kitten, as evidenced by this YouTube grab of a 1980 Sunday 530pm weather segment:

[yt=425,350]GoE2xujYnsM[/yt]

KTVT - I loved that the station brass tossed Regent Ducas out on his toucas, and got KTVT's news product back heading in the right direction again. My wish was granted from last year that they go HD. My only real wish for them is now to take the WPVI-mastered "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach. I don't know if it is possible to dump some of their daytime programming namely "Jeopardy!" to sister KTXA thereby opening up a 30-minute slot of time. They could then move "Young and the Restless" back to 11am, thus opening up the Noon-to-1230pm slot for a lunchtime newscast. I think they would be serious competition against KDFW and would give WFAA a run for their money.

KTXA - I like the new HD graphics, but the opens were whacked short. I also like that they do interactive chat live while on the air. But somebody please, make Kenneth Taylor simmer down.

KDAF - Note to KDAF: If you're going to do local news, please don't half-ass it. Your station has been piddling around long enough. If you're going to do local news, them please get serious about it. If not, then fold your news operation, and be done with it. Quit putting the legal station ID "KDAF TV/DT DALLAS FORT WORTH - A TRIBUNE BROADCASTING STATION" on every single L3 you run. We get the picture about who you are. And a 6am-to-9am morning newscast would be nice too (KDFW needs some local competition between 7am and 9am).

New York

WCBS - Fire Chris/Kristine, Jim/Dana together at 11PM

WABC - New Graphics

WNBC - New News Director / better NBC programs

Los Angeles

KCBS/KCAL9 - Hiring Alita Guillen as weekend anchor/reporter

Chicago

WBBM - New News Director, New General Manager, dumping Diann Burns and bringing Mary Ann Childers as lead female anchor, new graphics, WCBS version of Enforcer

WTMJ - Focus on news and stop having nightly reports from John Mercure or Courtny Gerrish.

WITI - New set and new graphics. And get Chris Goodman off the Saturday 9:00 news.

WDJT- Get an actual music package, a set, and some nicer graphics that were not created in PowerPoint.

WMLW - The 9:00 news, just no. no.

WISN - Don't watch this station enough to give wishes to it.

KDFW - Go HD (PLEASE!); Dump the talentless Barron James at 5pm and 10pm (I've always said Clarice Tinsley deserves a much better partner); overhaul the weather graphics

yes, for the love of God, don't let KDAF(although I highly doubt it) go HD before you do! Baron James is on at 5 :'( I knew he was on @ 10. well, the wx graphics haven't changed much from what i can tell. so i wouldn't change them

KXAS - Take a wrecking ball to the place. You think I'm kidding? The only things that needs to be left standing would be morning met Rebecca Miller and chief met David Finfrock in the weather division, and the likeable traffic reporter Tammy Dombeck (although I would change her title to "traffic analyst" from the present and very stupid "GRIDLOCK BUSTER!!!"). Everything else and everybody else (including the dull Mike Snyder and ditzy Jane McGarry) would be gone. At the present, anyone whose spent 5 minutes watching a KXAS newscast would walk away asking themselves, "Is this supposed to be a major-market network O&O professional TV station?" Yeah, that's what I was wondering, too. ???

yes please go right ahead and do that! ;D

What would you like to see happen for your stations in the coming year 2008?

Here's my wish list:

WFAA - The only thing I would seriously change at the Big 8 would be to kick the annoyingly arrogant Pete Delkus to the curb, and make Steve McCauley chief met (a move that should have been planned long before Troy Dungan retired). And for the love of God, Mercy, and everything decent, bring back the horizontal-format 5-day, a WFAA tradition that set 8's weather division apart from the crowd in North Texas for decades, since Fluff was a kitten, as evidenced by this YouTube grab of a 1980 Sunday 530pm weather segment:

[yt=425,350]GoE2xujYnsM[/yt]

i agree about the 5-day. that was what ALWAYS set WFAA apart

KTVT - I loved that the station brass tossed Regent Ducas out on his toucas, and got KTVT's news product back heading in the right direction again. My wish was granted from last year that they go HD. My only real wish for them is now to take the WPVI-mastered "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach. I don't know if it is possible to dump some of their daytime programming namely "Jeopardy!" to sister KTXA thereby opening up a 30-minute slot of time. They could then move "Young and the Restless" back to 11am, thus opening up the Noon-to-1230pm slot for a lunchtime newscast. I think they would be serious competition against KDFW and would give WFAA a run for their money.

Jeopardy! on 21 would work fine with me. they show too many courtroom shows. you'd think they're KDFW from 3-5 :p Then a noon newscast would be much appreciated. KDFW's is too short and seems rushed, 'FAA's seems to just go slowly at times.

KTXA - I like the new HD graphics, but the opens were whacked short. I also like that they do interactive chat live while on the air. But somebody please, make Kenneth Taylor simmer down.

i have nothing really to complain about TXA 21.

KDAF - Note to KDAF: If you're going to do local news, please don't half-ass it. Your station has been piddling around long enough. If you're going to do local news, them please get serious about it. If not, then fold your news operation, and be done with it. Quit putting the legal station ID "KDAF TV/DT DALLAS FORT WORTH - A TRIBUNE BROADCASTING STATION" on every single L3 you run. We get the picture about who you are. And a 6am-to-9am morning newscast would be nice too (KDFW needs some local competition between 7am and 9am).

well hey KDAF wants to feel special because that's the only newscast they have ;D :D now about a morning newscast, i wouldn't mind seeing one, but i have a feeling it would be like their 9 pm newscast, a piece of crap

Let's see so many changes.... (But it's also kind of what I would do) I'm also making changes to my previous post.

WBZ: I would move Jack Williams of the 6 & 11PM news (btw I do like watching him) and let him be a fill-in anchor and other things, I would have the 5PM team of Jonathan Elias, and Lisa Hughes to 6 & 11, (she allready anchors at 6 & 11). I would move the great weekend evening anchor of Dawn Hasbrouck & Ken McLeod to the 5-6PM shift. I would demote the morning team of David Wade & Paula Ebben, i would have Paula do her consumer reports and fill-in anchor, and David Wade to reporter. I would also fire horrible weekend morning anchor Kate Merill. I would reassign Scott Wahle to other newscasts. I would also let Eileen Curran & Joe Shortsleeve to anchor mornings, and I would have Scott Wahle solo weekend evenings, and get new weekend morning anchor(s). I would also demote Ken Barlow and let Barry Burbank be chief meterologist, and I would fire the talentless Buzz Lopez. I would also fire Sarah Hughes. No other changes.

WCVB: I would fire Ed Harding and put Anthony Everett to evenings. I would demote Heather Unruh to just health reporter, I would demote Pam Cross to only reporter, and Susan Wornick to only chief investigate reporter, I would possibly demote or reassign David Brown & Steve Lacy. I would make Shiba Russel a evening anchor and I would give an anchor promotion to Rondella Richardson. I would also demote Dave Epstein to weather producer. No other weather or sports changes except for using Mike Wankum and Joe Venuti more. No other changes.

WLNE: I would change their music to Impact first off and a new newscast opening. Back to topic; I would try to make the main anchor team the new evening anchor Alison Alexander (BTW the former morning anchor at WOIO-TV) and weekend morning anchor Jeremy Tung. I would also add a new evening newscast, I would fire Mielissa Mahan or demote her to reporter, I would fire Tom Langford as well. I would keep mornings in tact. I would get two anchors for weekend evenings, and add weekend morning newscasts with two anchors. I would try to steal some anchors from other stations and from the past like. Elizabeth Hopkins from WPRI, Mark Zunni from WPRI, Pamela Watts from WPRI (second time around if she went to six), Amy Deluca from WPRI (second time around if she went to six), Ginger Casey formerly of WJAR, Nicole Livas formerly of WJAR (Now at WAVY-TV), Rhondella Richardson formerly of WJAR, now at WCVB, and Pat Mastors formerly of WJAR & WPRI.

WHDH: Keep the 5, 6, and 11PM team of Randy and Frances PLEASE! As much as I don't like Matt Lorch and Kim Khazei there starting to be tolerable, I would rather like to see Lauren Prizbyl and Adam Williams at 4, 5:30, and 10 though. I like Anne in the mornings but i would like to see someone better then Jonathan Hall as her co-anchor, this is another slot where Adam Williams could be good. Fire Brendan Rudat he's horrible. Christa is tollerable so I would keep her (for now on weekend mornings) As I listed for 6 I think those anchors could be good for 7 any other station i'll list. Please fire that horrible Larry Ridley PLEASE! No other changes.

WJAR: I am on the fence on if I would fire Petrice Wood. I would defently keep Gene Valencti he's the best anchor in Providence. Dan Janheing seems like an ok anchor but he hasn't impressed me yet. I would put Mark Zinni in the 5PM slot if I could and make Pamela Watts or Elizabeth Hopkins his co-anchor. I would do that for 5-6PM and do Gene and Petrice just 6 & 11 (or who ever else I do with Gene). I would a co-anchor team for morning and Noon using Frank Coletta and a female co-anchor. I would also have weekend co-anchor on all shifts. But I would keep Mario Hillario for weekend mornings. I would let the weekend sports anchor go (can't think of the name.)

WPRI: Karen Adams and Steve Advenson bring nothing to the table for me but I would keep them. I would fire Mike Montcalvio and demote the 5:30 and 10PM co-anchor (can't think of her name). I personally would do Mark Zinni and Pamela Watts at 6 & 11, with Elizabeth Hopkins and Amy Deluca at 5, & 10. I would hire new anchors and reporters but not demote anybody I didn't mention. I would put back Walt Beatau as an anchor. No other changes.

Will someone else other than 5 PLEASE GO HD!

I wishes for Indy/Terre Haute-

WISH- Go HD.

WRTV- Get a new set. God it looks like their set has been their since 1997

WTHR- Get new graphics, the sunset thing has gotten old.

WXIN- Nothing Really.

WTHI- Get the weather forecast right sometime, or fire Kevin Orpurt.

WTWO- Get new graphics, and ditch AccuWeather.

WTKR

-Get rid of the following people: Barbara Ciara, Kurt Williams, Blaine Stewart

-Move Bianca Martinez back to mornings

-Pat McReynolds could be alright, keep him

-Bring back weeknightly sports and put Ted Alexander back as sports director

-New writers

-Fire the genius who came up with the "Andy On Your Side" ads

-Try to get some other good anchors from the market... Nicole Livas, Vanessa Coria, Stephanie Harris come to mind

-Tone down "Taking Action"

-Stop the happy talk, please! You need a professional newscast.

-Chopper!

WAVY

-Fire Hostetter!

-Don't let Andy Fox sit at the anchor desk. Make him a feature reporter.

-Get rid of Jeremy Wheeler... sooo annoying

-Less tabloidy... go for a less intense on-air look, with graphics closer to the old GO package

-Get 615 to compose a Newswire V.2

WVEC

-For the love of God, a new evening set!

-Relaunched "Spirit of Hampton Roads" campaign

-Dump the LNC5 10pm... nobody watches it

WVBT

-New set

-Morning newscast

WGNT

-Start a 10pm newscast... it might actually beat channel 3!

WKRG

- New owner/management search (see reporter Glenn Austin's termination).

WALA

- Network switch (formerly NBC from 1953 until 1996 due to ownership).

- Retain “Right Here, Right Now” news music.

- A permanent successor to news presenter Anissa Centers.

- No constant time keeping ("It's now 7:02" or "You have 12 minutes until 7 o'clock") or news presenters stating their names after almost every commercial break.

WPMI

- Network switch (formerly FOX until 1996 due to WALA).

- Good ownership/management (see Clear Channel TV stations sale).

WEAR

- New owner/management search.

- No hour-long newscast at 4:00 PM.

- No hour-long newscast at 10:00 PM.

- "Nightline" and "Jimmy Kimmel Live" at regular network times.

- Air "World News Now" live and pre-recorded.

- Air weekend editions of "ABC's World News".

KWQC- Really, nothing. Get rid of Hello News (again), but that won't happen. They finally updated graphics

WQAD- also nothing. Keep on trying for that number on spot!! Or a new news director

WHBF- GET A NEW ANCHOR TEAM FOR THE WEEKEND. In the last 6 months, they have basically lost all their weekend team, as the weekend anchor and meteorologist is living at the end of the month. Also, at least try to grab ratings by getting a male co-anchor for the weekday newscasts, jeesh.

KLJB- Nothing. They got a familiar face doing anchoring now (the former sports director, Libby Allison).

My wish list:

Nashville, TN

WSMV:

1) Get a REAL news helicopter. Don't just have someone carry a camera around in a chopper.

2) Get some decent music, though that'll never happen.

3) Fix those cameras before you go HD.

WKRN:

Get a new set already.

WTVF:

Keep doing what you're doing to keep that number one spot.

WZTV:

Get a new set.

Memphis, TN

WREG:

Get a new set or upgrade the current one. Other than that, keep pwing the competition in the ratings.

WMC:

Keep doing what you're doing, though y'all will never be number one again anytime soon.

WPTY/WLMT:

Please dump the Palmer News Package already.

WHBQ:

Start a 10PM newscast. I'd love to see how much audience y'all would take away from the other stations. ;D

PS: One of you go HD next year.

WALA

Network switch (formerly NBC from 1953 until 1996 due to ownership).

WPMI

Network switch (formerly FOX until 1996 due to WALA).

Is this a joke? Why would WALA even consider going to #4 NBC from #3 [and often #1-2 in key demos] FOX? Not to mention that WPMI/WALA have affiliation contracts. That one's far out there and is about as likely as WWJ starting a 3:27 AM newscast.

Key word: wish

I still see NBC as the #3 network, it's more established and has a better overall presence around the clock (Today show through primetime). If I had an NBC station, I wouldn't switch to FOX unless they waved a big wad of cash in my face. However, there are FOX stations, namely ones that used to be affiliated with ABC, NBC, or CBS, that are doing just fine as FOX (like WALA and WTVT) and wouldn't see any sense going back to their old affiliation.

Anchorage

KTUU - That our automation crap would actually work and jive together, and that I can front our web segments "2 the Web" (which is a possibility)

KTVA - Stop trying to be tabloid, it's not working. Get new graphics or go back to your old package, this hybrid crap isn't working.

KIMO - Start broadcasting ABC programming in HD, and that Santa brings them a live truck, because its pathetic that they don't have ANY live capabilities.

KTBY - Start broadcasting FOX programming in HD by the time the new season of 24 starts... PLEASE!

In 2008 around the South:

WCBD: to get new HD graphics, as they have used the same open since 2002, and the same sequence since 1997. Tape a new open. Add a weekend morning newscast, and perhaps another reporter. Otherwise, keep going where you are going, put ads all over the place.

WCIV: Add co-anchor with Angela May in the morning, make it more serious than it is now.

WCSC: Great add for news theme, though boring, try and make these graphics HD ready.

WCNC: Keep Larry Sprinkle. Make an ad campaign throughout the Charlotte market, focus on fewer crime and more hard news stories.

WMGT: Move 5:30 pm newscast to 7 pm, to take care of all the commuters, or add a 7 pm news in addition to the 5:30.

WAGA: Get a weekend morning news like 2 and 5.

WISN - Don't watch this station enough to give wishes to it.

I've got one for them: GO HD!!

KDKA: Stop sucking. You've got the talent, you've got the viewers, you've got the money. Wow me.

WTAE: Please, please let there be a big Wendy Bell fiasco-- perhaps her children are alien adoptees? Anything to shake things up and get he off the air!

WPXI: I hate you. Please stop existing, completely. You've ruined the TV news industry in Pittsburgh forever.

WTKR

-Get rid of the following people: Barbara Ciara, Kurt Williams, Blaine Stewart

-Move Bianca Martinez back to mornings

-Pat McReynolds could be alright, keep him

-Bring back weeknightly sports and put Ted Alexander back as sports director

-New writers

-Fire the genius who came up with the "Andy On Your Side" ads

-Try to get some other good anchors from the market... Nicole Livas, Vanessa Coria, Stephanie Harris come to mind

-Tone down "Taking Action"

-Stop the happy talk, please! You need a professional newscast.

-Chopper!

WAVY

-Fire Hostetter!

-Don't let Andy Fox sit at the anchor desk. Make him a feature reporter.

-Get rid of Jeremy Wheeler... sooo annoying

-Less tabloidy... go for a less intense on-air look, with graphics closer to the old GO package

-Get 615 to compose a Newswire V.2

WVEC

-For the love of God, a new evening set!

-Relaunched "Spirit of Hampton Roads" campaign

-Dump the LNC5 10pm... nobody watches it

WVBT

-New set

-Morning newscast

WGNT

-Start a 10pm newscast... it might actually beat channel 3!

For all the stations: HD

Concerning 'TKR, there's no way I can see Babs getting tossed overboard by management now that she is NABJ (Nat'l Association of Black Journalists) President without this becoming a major PR headache that could make matters worse. Would be interesting to see Nicole head to the station her mom worked for. Other than that, dead on...especially on the Sports, Chopper and the Andy clown.

As for WAVY; mostly agree but I would probably add that the station doesn't bleed talent like they did this year (Les Smith, David Nelson, etc). (Think the stability issue may have been addressed)

WVBT needs competition, so I like the idea of WGNT needing a late newscast. Could say likewise for WTVZ (heck, Hampton Roads' MNTV affiliate needs SOMETHING the viewer will watch)

WVEC has needed a new set and (surprised you forgot this) new L3's for the past three years or so.

Three Words: KNBC:( go HD!

You are the flagship station on the west coast, and you aren't HD yet. Even though you are my favorite news station, I am really tempted to say "Shame on you!". If anybody who is reading this wants to speculate on when they go HD, let me know (or just make a post).

Also, a few words of wisdom: KNTV :), get rid of your new WNBC music package. It sounds very bad!

WNBC :), keep doing what you are doing ;)

XETV- To lose the FOX affiliation, their product stinks.

KNSD- Go HD, get new music, get a new set and better gfx.

KFMB- Get new graphics, get an HD chopper, and fix up their HD set (it's too dark).

KUSI- To get the FOX affiliation, that way they will be forced to fix their on-air product (new set, gfx, music). Hire Kathleen Bade to replace the departed Kimberly Hunt and get rid of the morning team of Dan Plante and Bridget Naso (too painful to watch). Bring back Michael Tuck, because Paul Bloom is a little boring (pairing Mike with Kathleen Bade, would make a nice combo).

KGTV- Go HD, get rid of Kerstin Lindquist (can't stand her), Get rid of the VJ's AKA "Digital Correspondents," fix their set, its too plain, and get new mic flags (when you can see the logo peeling off, then you know it's time to get new mic flags). Hopefully, KGTV will get good ratings with the team of Carol LeBeau and Kimberly Hunt (making a comeback to KGTV in January '08). Keep EWN NG2 it works well for 10NEWS.

NEW YORK 2008 WISH LIST

WCBS - CBS 2

- Put Dana Tyler and Jim Rosenfield back at 6:00PM and 11:00PM broadcasts.

- Demote Lonnie Quinn to only 5:00PM, Hire a real more experienced meteorologist for 6PM and 11PM.

- Get a better morning team with more chemistry. Morning broadcasts at WCBS are too much of a bore.

WNBC - NBC 4

- Bring back Live at 5 to a full hour with Perri Peltz and Sue Simmons.

- If Live at 5 can't be done again NewsChannel 4 at Noon in the Live at 5 Format.

- Redesigned, Talent Opens.

- A Better New York Nightly News Theme.

- Update the set, it still is the nicest set in the market, but add a few more tweaks to make it look better.

WNYW - FOX 5

- Ok, Loud and Clear!! HIGH DEFINITION 1080i already! You are the flagship Fox Station, why aren't you in HD yet?!

- The set could use some tweaking, its pretty nice though. Probably the 3rd nicest set in the market.

WABC - ABC 7

- Complete Rebranding as ABC 7. (ABC 7 EYEWITNESS NEWS instead of CHANNEL 7), It gives it a more "flagship" feel.

- Complete New Graphics Overhaul to match current HD segment updates.

- New Music, get rid of the 1999 music and start fresh with the New Generation.

- Acquire all of TV13 to build a massive news studio. Current set is too small and dated.

- Roz Abrams comes back to WABC. I honestly don't know how it could happen, but hey it's still a wish... ;D

WWOR - MY 9

- Nothing really, I guess they can probably do some more news updates during the day.

WPIX - CW 11

- Nothing at all, they've always had one solid well placed broadcast.

- It would be pretty cool if it was in High Definition...

WBAY----

-Get some new graphics.

-Start using different cuts of EWN.

-Improve the production quality of your newscasts.

WLUK----

-Lose the Ignite system. Those things haven't done much good for you or any other stations that have them.

WFRV----

-Lose Eric Gordon.

-Find a different font for your graphics. Helvetica, perhaps?? Maybe go back to Gill Sans???

WGBA----

-Close your news operation. No one's watching. :)

WPVI:

1) Once Anita Brikman goes to DC, give the health reporter spot to Lisa Thomas-Laury. Give her something to do. If not that, let her fill in more often for Rick, Monica, Jim, or Rob.

2) Update the voice-overs on the weekend mornings. Walter and Jessica have been there for a few years, and Erica is officially the weekend morning weather girl.

KYW:

1) Upgrade the chopper and Live Mega Doppler 3 to HD.

2) Find a suitable replacement for Marc Howard at 4: Alycia (if she's not fired), Susan, Angela, or Mary.

3) Find a way to beef up the sports department. Maybe Scott Palmer and Phil Andrews from Comcast?

WCAU:

1) For pete's sake, you're the only Philly station not in HD! GO HD!

2) There's something about Tim Lake I don't like. Put Vince on at 11.

WTXF:

1) Upgrade SkyFox and the weather equipment to HD.

2) Start up a noon and 6 pm newscast.

WCYB

1) Start a lively morning show with multiple anchors and accurate weather updates and add traffic updates. Johnny Wood should retire.

2) New graphics or tweak them

3) Prepare for HD

WJHL

1) Completely overhaul the set, go TOTAL MG set, and graphics

2) Add more morning anchors, make anchors changes across the board

3) Get a helicopter :-X

4) Go HD

WKPT

1) Start a news department

WEMT

1) New Anchors

2) Start morning show

3) Get on your own you will go places leave WCYB

WBBM

-Get new graphics (maybe like WCBS or KYW packages), get a new set (in progress)

Dump Diann Burns, Mark Malone, and Rob Johnson.

Put Mary Ann Childers at 5,6,11.

Put Mai Martinez back as general assignment reporter.

Put Kristyn Hartman as weekend evening anchor.

Hire former KTTV anchor John Beard at 5, and 10.

WMAQ

-Get a new set! Go HD. Dump the talentless Bob Sirott to weekend evenings (his previous spot) and put Rob Stafford at 4.

WLS

-Find someway so there isn't an echo in the studio of the anchors talking (you can sometimes hear it on air, I think it is because the studio is in a big open room.)

WGN

Get new graphics.

WFLD

-Dump Jan Jeffcoat and put Anita Padilla, Nancy Loo, or Margaret Shortridge as Good Day anchor. Get a 5PM newscast.

WNDU

Drop the slogan "Your Severe Weather Station"

WSBT

Get new graphics. Dump the annoying voiceover and U-Phonix. Get rid of the horrid Rick Mecklenburg, Debra Daniel and Cindy Ward.

KGUN

1) Stop losing reporters left and right

2) Find another person to co-anchor weekends (in other words: don't leave weekends to a solo anchor like every other station in town)

KMSB

1) Go HD on the 9pm newscast! Your LMA is with KVOA (which is in HD) and the newscast is produced/anchored out of KTVK in Phoenix (also in HD).

2) To KTVK: Give the KMSB Sports Department your current graphics. It's not fair that KMSB locally produced programming has to use the cruddy KTVK pre-HD graphics.

KOLD

1) Get new graphics or go back to the old ones, because the ones you have now are BAD! I've seen the same graphics on other Raycom stations, and they STILL look bad.

2) Use different cuts of Enforcer (maybe WCBS or even KPHO) because the current ones make you look tabloid-y, which has never been your image --OR-- get a new music package! I'd prefer the latter.

3) New set please

4) Go HD

5) Spice up your morning newscast! Both anchors have great personalities, but the show seems very rigid and newsy. If the show resembled KGMB's "Sunrise" or KMAX's "Good Day Sacramento", that'd be awesome.

KVOA

1) More news and less fluff on the 4pm newscast

2) Publicize the Saturday morning newscast more --OR-- do away with it. It's only a half-hour...what gives?!? I don't think anyone's watching.

Archived