Gannett GX Changes

first on fox

Yesterday, was the demise of Good News in Maine. Tonight, Heartland has been silenced in Eastern Tennessee. WBIR has the blue graphics and that damn music. They streamed their 5pm show on their website but went with the live doppler afterwards.

EDIT: The Jax duo (WJXX & WTLV) has the Red Graphics. View their stream and they're using heavier cues of the Gannett Music. It's all about 11 Alive now.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

East Tennesseeans must be heartbroken when they learned Heartland was put to rest as WBIR switched to the über-uniform Gannett graphics AND music. LIke MG, Fox, and Sincrap, Gannett has officially joined the bandwagon on that damn graphics uniformity.

R.I.P. Good News by Frank Gari (circa 1986 - October 22, 2008) ::cry::

East Tennesseeans must be heartbroken when they learned Heartland was put to rest as WBIR switched to the über-uniform Gannett graphics AND music. LIke MG, Fox, and Sincrap, Gannett has officially joined the bandwagon on that damn graphics uniformity.

R.I.P. Good News by Frank Gari (circa 1986 - October 22, 2008) ;)

R.I.P. Good News by Frank Gari (circa 1986 - October 22, 2008) :awesome:

I am from East Tennessee and it's sad to hear that "Heartland" by 615 Music is not heard on WBIR no more. WBIR was a client with 615 Music for over 20 years starting with the "Power News" series.

Currently, WVLT is the only station in Knoxville with a 615 Music package.

As for the graphics, it's a step-up for WBIR as they had the previous graphics for about 4 or 5 years.

I did see them on the 11:00pm news which surprised me because I thought that WBIR was going to unveil them sometime in the next few weeks.

On the news open, instead of the usual opening as seen on WZZM and WGRZ where the announcer says "Information Center" in the spiel, the local announcer says:

"You are watching WBIR-TV, Channel 10, Knoxville! The news starts now!"

Before I end this reply, they are using the blue graphics with a little red included.

I will get some screencaps on there once I get a DVD to record this with.

Oh and on what station will be last, I am going for WXIA.

EDIT: WBIR used the same close as KXTV after its noon newscast. However, there was no announcer included.

First Coast News (WTLV/WJXX) New 11PM open

Has WMAZ got the new look yet? Thought I saw something on here that they did. But if they have it means WXIA is last. If they haven't then well who's next?

First Coast News (WTLV/WJXX) New 11PM open

Has WMAZ got the new look yet? Thought I saw something on here that they did. But if they have it means WXIA is last. If they haven't then well who's next?

1. Fix your link.

2. WMAZ got the graphics long time ago, the new logo is on the best logo thread.

3. WXIA is last.

It's easier to do the embed of [ yt ] [ /yt ] minus the spaces. And Copy the final digits after the equal sign.

This is vid montage from First Coast News 11pm Friday Night.

[yt]d0ey8DWha78[/yt]

Video Courtesy of JacksonvilleTVNews from YT

EDIT: Here a vid with the opening and graphics from WCSH 6. It's sad that Good News is Gone.

The opening starts after :09.

[yt]ieet4g850hQ&t=0m10s[/yt]

Video Courtesy of chelliepingree from YT

WXIA has the new graphics now. I missed the open, I'll try to get it at 7 or 11. I actually like the music and graphics, but the 11Alive News logo (look at the monitor on the desk) has me thinking "WTF?"

112008-10-27_180604.jpg

112008-10-27_180713.jpg

112008-10-27_180803.jpg

112008-10-27_180932.jpg

112008-10-27_180952.jpg

Here's the 11Alive Evening News open with new v/o person, music & graphics.

I apologize but this looks too good to be embeded. There using the same HD logo on the opening like that of KPNX's

[yt]USB0sB2dWXw[/yt]

Video Courtesy of atlantastvnewsroom from YT

Okay everybody. Check this out. KUSA 9 is using the graphics and the mandated music, right? Somehow, there still using their talent open with the update of the KUSA theme by Third Street. And there still using their legendary closing from the old KUSA theme. There using the new music for their opening & bumper. Here's the end of their 4 o'clock @ 9 News & the opening of 9 News at 5.

[yt]OdfVQtWNViA[/yt]

Video Courtesy of voiceguy82 from YT

This gets really interesting, on their tease before the opening, they used the pre-G3 graphics with the same TSM custom theme. Then the opening starts and uses the old HD slate but merge the peacock feathers to the new G3 graphics. On the Vid after that, you will notice they still use the old talent open. Obviously the new G3 didn't include a talent open.

[yt]gEdbneIPUBM[/yt]

[yt]Us2vsD2fwlA[/yt]

Overall, I'm happy they can still use their custom theme for the talent and their closing.

There goes the entire station group. Sad. Sad. Sad.

EDIT: You know one person that should be pissed about all of this? Randy Wachtler. Recently Gannett and NBC have been dropping his sounds. I hope WMAQ don't drop the Tower.

No kidding. I mean, WXIA was FORCED to drop the Tower by Gannett like last night. Why WOULDN'T Randy Wachtler be pissed? And I gotta say, the NBC version of Gannett's *gulp* mandated music is butt ugly. :puke:

It's pretty much the same as the 7pm open, but here's the 11:

11Alive News Today's disaster open (and 11Alive.com Promo)

112008-10-27_225040.jpg

The placement of the peacock and "News" is odd to me...

What the heck was wrong with the camera angle in the beginning. Was that intentional? I didn't like it. Also I noticed that they are also slightly knocking-off of WBZ's curiosity promos.

Here are some screen caps from KARE's 4:00 show that just wrapped up for the day. Sorry, I joined in a little after 4:00, so I missed the open, but it's really the same for all newscasts.

I think it is an okay fit for KARE, but I am sooooo glad that they have kept their custom KARE theme for now. Though I was told that it might be changing soon, but they're not sure yet.

More caps soon, if possible.

KARE4pm1.jpg.41175b366091ba632b80ce13137201a8.jpg

KARE4pm2.jpg.84089863549c8f68183a3e634093590b.jpg

KARE4pm3.jpg.611e35d78fd55ffcada77d0ad25b3fb6.jpg

KARE4pm4.jpg.b7c92ef6ba124062cf50bbbcda568abc.jpg

KARE4pm5.jpg.eb32bc67090b556dcbf707a5f68aec0b.jpg

KARE4pm6.jpg.e0ef9155ea8546c3fb61b7850ade099f.jpg

Archived