Gannett GX Changes

first on fox

Okay for some reason we have WNYO on our cable systems up here in SWO, so I tuned in to see WGRZ's look tonight...(they do a 10pm news)

Horrid music

Too much chrome/gloss

I turned it off after 30 seconds.

Still think WDIV's first gen RenderOns were better than this piece of junk.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have mixed feelings about the graphics changes. I like the changes at KUSA, WTLV/WJXX, and KPNX. Nice uses of blue and yellow. I like WTLV/WJXX with the red. I just think that they went overboard with the red just a hair. I think that the buzzing sound at the end of the openings sounds a little techno. All in all, nice HD changes.

Comments for KSDK - yuck, yuck, yuck. The red graphics are over the top and almost unreadible. This was not an upgrade. After seeing this, no wonder WNBC headed for the hills and adopted new and very clean graphics. The music, my lord, how awful can you get. If this saves them money, so be it, but how many viewers will get turned off by the new look.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been home for the holidays and watching 11Alive...the new look is woeful. The set (especially the new newsroom background), the graphics, the music...c'est terrible! If they're not careful, CBS 46 might get the better of them...

I've been home for the holidays and watching 11Alive...the new look is woeful. The set (especially the new newsroom background)' date=' the graphics, the music...c'est terrible! If they're not careful, CBS 46 might get the better of them...[/quote']

I would have to agree. 11Alive does look like joke with these new graphics. CBS46 has been uprading themselves over the past 5 years along with CBS high ratings so it is very possible.

Call me "old-fashioned," but whatever happened to creativity or individuality? Maybe some employees would still have their jobs if Gannett didn't blow its money on unneeded graphics.

Even WNBC ditched their Pyburn-Rampage branding.

Call me "old-fashioned," but whatever happened to creativity or individuality?

Can I get an AMEN?!!!

Yes WNBC dump the elements of the tag-time of Ryan & Pyburn but at least they still have creativity & still distance themselves from other O&Os for their own look.

Archived