RoseAnn Scotto to the A.M.

j.wer

It's not necessarily a demotion. We don't know if it's something Rosanna actually wants to do or not. For one thing, they could be offering her more money to help reboot the morning show. She just might be getting tired of the evening news grind.

Keep in mind that when Diana Williams moved to 5 p.m., it was widely considered a demotion. What most people didn't realize was that before Liz Cho was hired, Diana had asked to anchor earlier newscasts so she could be home in time for her kids.

If Rosanna wants to do this, I support her all the way. I loved her and Ernie Anastos together. I just hope whoever ends up replacing her is good with Ernie. Do you think this was Rosanna's choice, or is it another move by Dianne Doctor?

From my perspective, I would consider it a demotion since she has done the evening news for over a decade, however, Rosanna may like doing the mornings better because she would only have to wake up a little bit earlier than she normally does when she is on the The Today Show, and after GDNY is over, you have the rest of the day to yourself.

As to whom will replace her, I am hoping that it Christina Park gets the position. I watched her fill-in for Rosanna one night back in August and her and Ernie made a good team. I think that she would be better than Dari Alexander. Then, they can have either Linda Schmidt or Dick Brennan take Christina's weekend evening spot.

I sure hope that this is a good move. I really liked Rosanna and Ernie they were an amazing team, hence why they are number one at 10PM. I don't know... My guess is that Dari Alexander will replace her for the 5PM and 10PM which kinda sucks because Dari doesn't have as much Chemistry with Ernie as Rosanna does...

I sure hope that this is a good move. I really liked Rosanna and Ernie they were an amazing team, hence why they are number one at 10PM.

I would have to disagree with that assessment. They're number one because of FOX's prime time lead ins. I really didn't see any chemistry between Rosanna and Ernie. Jim and Kaity have much better chemistry and WPIX produces a far more better product at 10pm.

As for replacement, they should give the position to Linda Schmidt, she's underutilized as a reporter.

It's my understanding that this was Rosanna's choice. She has never really loved doing the 10pm newscast, her heart lies in doing mornings. She has the personality for it and truly enjoyed whenever she filled in during the GDNY.

If you look Rosanna has always taken the opportunity to show herself during the mornings, be it on the Today show, GDNY fill in and her appearances on WHTZ's morning show, Elvis Duran and the Morning Show.

Try not to look at it as a demotion whenever someone is switched from nightside to mornings. Yes sometimes it is, but mornings are where big bucks lie and stations are starting to catch on. Nationwide there's a major push to improve morning ratings. Audiences want more entertainment and fun stories and it fits better with a morning format. Also, a lot of family people work the mornings because it allows staffers to be a part of their kids lives. Dayside shifts are far and few apart, and you could be held over for the night news.

I'm not surprised at all to see Rosanna on mornings, I hope that this is the first of many changes for GDNY to reestablish itself as a top rated morning show.

RoseAnn has that great skill at moving deftly from hard news to fluff pieces like that one guy...what was his name...oh yeah ;)RON CORNING WHO THEY FIRED AND NOW THEIR MORNINGS SUCK SHIT AND THEY HAVE TO BRING ROSEANN IN TO SAVE IT!!!;)

Oops...was that my internal rage?:D

Jodi had to go. You could tell she wasn't into it lately, especially when they kept her in the studio on 9/11 when Greg and Brenda Blackman from CH9 were anchoring from ground zero.

Rosanna will liven-up the morning show. Less formal and hopefully she'll loosen-up Greg.

A Rosanna/Chris Gailus morning show would be great. The few times they did that back a few years ago was great. Natural flow.

While they're making changes they should think of getting rid of Mike Woods. He is about the only person they haven't replaced in recent years, and quite frankly that guy bothers me. He acts as if he is too cool for school. And what is up with those heavy eyelids? Half the time his eyes are closed.

Jodi had to go. You could tell she wasn't into it lately, especially when they kept her in the studio on 9/11 when Greg and Brenda Blackman from CH9 were anchoring from ground zero.

Rosanna will liven-up the morning show. Less formal and hopefully she'll loosen-up Greg.

A Rosanna/Chris Gailus morning show would be great. The few times they did that back a few years ago was great. Natural flow.

I was watching recently and also noticed that Jodi was very...blah.. in the mornings. Curious to see where she will land.

While they're making changes they should think of getting rid of Mike Woods. He is about the only person they haven't replaced in recent years, and quite frankly that guy bothers me. He acts as if he is too cool for school. And what is up with those heavy eyelids? Half the time his eyes are closed.

I really like Mike Woods. He has great energy in the mornings.

Linda Schmidt would be a good fit.

She would. Wasn't she lead anchor at a position a few years back?

Archived