The new WPIX

Geoffrey

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest NewsHound

WOW I'm in the PIX 11 NEWS AT TEN Chat and people are going off on them. I got banned from posting for 10 minutes because I started a chant wanting Jim and Kaity back.

Those have to be the worst graphics I've seen on a major market newscast.

The rest, I reserve judgment... but from the comments this makes some of the newscast debacles I've seen look like utter successes.

Guest NewsHound

Whatever happened to this NG cut of WPIX Custom News Package they just got a week ago? I guess crappy production music is better.

Whatever happened to this NG cut of WPIX Custom News Package they just got a week ago? I guess crappy production music is better.

Since when is there a "New Generation" version of that package? It sounds like they just slapped the signature on some other cut of music (probably a production track). Plus that guitar riff is the same one you can hear in their old closing track. 95% of the time a new version of a package has instrument changes...

I liked that open up until the flashing lights part.

Guest NewsHound
Since when is there a "New Generation" version of that package? It sounds like they just slapped the signature on some other cut of music (probably a production track). Plus that guitar riff is the same one you can hear in their old closing track. 95% of the time a new version of a package has instrument changes...

Well okay, maybe it is what you said.

I liked that open up until the flashing lights part.

Don't we all?

Guest NewsHound
Everything's still the same on the morning news, so it looks like this horrible experiment is being confined to 10pm.

Well at least it won't be so difficult to turn everything back around if they finally realize the experiment at 10pm was a mistake.

I have seen some success with a reformat (the original KPRC and to a lesser extent WPBF) and then I have seen some disasters (WPTY, WNYW back in the day, and KPRC in the mid 2000) From what I have read, YIKES! KHCW is supposedly getting a new format soon and if the experiment works for WSFL here in Miami than it could go on there as well. Someone from KTLA or WGN needs to be at WPIX. HELL BRING SOMEONE IN FROM WGNO and right the ship NOW!

Anyone really surprised? This is by Bill Carey,w hat do you expect? Remember after he engineered the WCBS firings of 1996 and changed the newscast from 2 News to News 2? Remember the "More News in Less Time Everytime" gimmick? Didn't last very long did it? I am surprised this guy is still employed in this business. Hoping that Jim and Kaity will return to the anchor desk soon. Not for nothing but they are good at their jobs.

Really is a sad excuse for news. A rip off of channel 4.2 "The Debrief" but it doesn't work on 11. And Jodi sounds like she's crying or hollerin' to get her point across. The set is also cheesy, what's with the flat black? Maybe this is WPIX's way of getting us ready for back to back episodes of Friends from 10-11 pm

Peter

Archived