The new WPIX

Geoffrey

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The intro music sucks. Sounds like a knock off of "I've got a feeling."

The graphics are awful with stupid icons telling you what stories are next.

They have been on for 3min and Jodi has not even been on screen yet.

This is beyond stupid.

The intro music sucks. Sounds like a knock off of "I've got a feeling."

I also thought of the Black Eyed Peas... And all of those icons on the screen at the beginning looked like a super cheap iPad screen.

And the icons at the bottom make it look like that the story that's next (the first icon showed) is the current story. I'm so confused.

I can't get over the ugliness.

Guest NewsHound

The NEW PIX 11 News at 10 SUCKS!

We we're right. They dropped the WPIX News Music Package for some cheap production music. The graphics are large and cheezy.

Overall, in the first 4 minutes, it has a "News Fix" kind of feel. Jodi Applegate has not been seen once and there is very minimal transition between the stories. Could this be the "News Fix" we've been hearing about?

Weather graphics have not been updated and still use the former blue Giant Octopus package, and does not fit with the bland basic black and green lower 3rds.

It has a quick pace, but I will not be watching this ever again. Kaity and Jim, we want you back!

Guest NewsHound
10:10 and I'm pretty sure Jodi has run out of breath.

I HATE THIS! Oh I can't wait for that Bill Carey guy to say "Oh shit, we screwed up."

It looks like they turned the newsroom into a dark underground news cave as well. Yep, I was right. WPIX threw what little bit of legacy and news tradition they had out the window with this. :puke:

So they spend money on nice graphics and set and then decide to do this from a bare newsroom with ugly green graphics?

Second block starts off with Greg Mocker. So after 13 minutes in, they've already stopped doing news.

I've gotta feelin' this won't last very long.

Edit: Can't get over how empty that newsroom looks. Everyone packed up for the night. Someone left his Rangers jersey on his chair. Yeah, great idea to walk around and show off that no one's working.

Guest NewsHound

Who wants to place a bet on how long it drives them even further into the ground? Give this maybe a day, a week, two weeks, a month?

Better yet, how long do you think it will take before they realize they screwed up and go back to the old newscast style?

Jodi: "All right Greg, sit."

Greg Mocker: "Oh yeah, we're chatting."

Jodi: (laughs) "Good boy, yes, go sit and chat. Thank you."

Guest NewsHound

Jim and Kaity better not get comfortable, they'll be back at the desk before long, or else they will put Jodi Applegate at the desk instead. Ugh.

I'm really hating WPIX right now.

Speaking of Kaity, wasn't she supposed to start her job as borough anchor tonight? Has anyone seen her yet?

I really dislike this... I see the direction they are going. They are trying to get the 'Gossip Girl' crowd. The CW is a young network and they are trying to appeal to them. But this is just horrible. The set is ugly. I usually like the relaxed look of plasma screens and walking around the newsroom. But the PIX11 newsroom really looks bad.

Archived