The new WPIX

Geoffrey

Jodi posted the following on her Facebook page:

Thank you all for your kind words!! I've been focused on starting the new job, moving into the city, planning my upcoming wedding etc....whew. When it rains, it pours. I've had years where I couldn't get arrested! Anyway, I'm back in the gr...oove and you can see me weeknights at 10pm on WPIX Channel 11. The station has launched a brand new format. It's very different from the way news has traditionally been presented by local stations. But it's the wave of the future. I'd love to hear from you --either here or on at WPIX.com--what you think of it. We love the feedback. We want the show to grow and evolve to give viewers what they want!!!

And a word about News12. I have never worked with a more professional and wonderful bunch of people. News12 does an amazing job of covering hyper-local news and provides a great environment for reporters, producers, photographers, writers, ...etc. If you ever have the opportunity to be associated with the organization, I encourage you to do so. Sometimes, life throws you a curveball (baseball pun intentional)...and I happened to meet and fall in love with a wonderful man and we're building a life together. So the new professional opportunity made lots of sense personally too. But I will always have wonderful memories of working at News12 Long Island and hope to stay in touch my Long Island colleagues and viewers!!!

----

Wonderful!! Ignore the harsh criticism and act like nothing's happening. And now this type of format is NOT the wave of the future

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have you you seen the promos for the news show. They're using quotes about how bad it is to push the show

Peter

Screw all the old viewers huh. Just hook in new ones through their curiosity. I wonder how long they'll stay?

One thing that really gets me is the shameless arrogance that the station has shown towards all of the criticism. It's like anyone but True Believers are ignored and mocked (pun intended). I don't know if they think this amalgamation of infotainment, news, and pure vomit that passes for news is actually good, or if that they're trying to polish this colossal turd as best as they can, but they're doing an awful job either way. WPIX deserves to lose and lose big.

They're convinced the Gossip Girl crowd would love it if only they would just watch it once.

It's very different from the way news has traditionally been presented by local stations. But it's the wave of the future.
This is just LOL funny. A poll should be setup. Which will happen first; a non-Tribune station adopts this format or they drop it and go back to the traditional format.

The slo-mo and camera angles in the teasers make it so CSI looking.

That's the point! People like CSI! Therefore, if they make their news look like CSI then everyone will like WPIX too!

Maybe next they'll put ALL their anchors and reporters on the 10PM and each week viewers will vote one off, with a panel of celebrity judges critiquing their reports. :rofl!:

That's the point! People like CSI! Therefore, if they make their news look like CSI then everyone will like WPIX too!

Maybe next they'll put ALL their anchors and reporters on the 10PM and each week viewers will vote one off, with a panel of celebrity judges critiquing their reports. :rofl!:

You know, you should really pitch this idea to the execs. Seriously. They'll like it.

I feel bad for Jim and Kaity; they will probably leave WPIX before they get the opportunity to return to their anchor chairs. I just know it.

I'm just waiting for Bill Carey to screw with the PIX 11 Morning News. Then I will no longer watch WPIX for news.

Now I'm hearing through the grapevine from last night that Chris Knowles, weekend weatherman, is gone too, once they start the new weekend show. I haven't seen a huff piece yet on this.

Yup. He's out. Lisa Mateo is the new weather anchor..according to her facebook she will be on the weekend show with Jim Watkins and remain on the morning show 3 days a week. Chris said on his facebook that he has been terminated and will no longer appear on wpix. And also thanked his fans for their support.

Let's not blame this on Jodi... She's a great anchor and doing what's being asked of her.

As a friend of Kaity, and a loyal viewer, all I can say I have no interest in the new PIX format whose Managment is apparently under the mistaken notion that Ms. Crabapple, or whatever her name is, is a better news anchor than Kaity Tong and should be center-stage. She's nowhere close to being in Kaity's league.

As for the graphics... Either they need to change their graphics all together and put them on on the morning show and change their weather graphics along with their mic flags or get special wx graphics and mic flags for the evening shows cause it looks very unprofessional to have all different colors like they do... But then again this newscast isnt to professional to begin with.

We have a slight improvement tonight, they are still doing 11 stories in 11 minuets but the icons at the bottom of the screen are gone.

They need to go back to using the studio.

Standing at the green screen is ok for a few stories but just does not work for an entire news cast.

There is a news chat segment tonight, but it's about real news not celebrity junk, being done from the studio.

Guest NewsHound
It sounds like it might be custom. Cheap, by the sounds of it.

Well it has a signature, i've only heard it a couple of times, tonight I actually heard it all the way through. It's like 4 notes. You know the new Central Florida News 13 package? The signature sounded eerily similar.

Archived