The new WPIX

Geoffrey

Guest NewsHound
Really is a sad excuse for news. A rip off of channel 4.2 "The Debrief" but it doesn't work on 11. And Jodi sounds like she's crying or hollerin' to get her point across. The set is also cheesy, what's with the flat black? Maybe this is WPIX's way of getting us ready for back to back episodes of Friends from 10-11 pm

Peter

If you ask me, I think they are just asking for their long-running news department to be axed. Let's all give a big round of applause to Bill Carey, who has single-handedly pissed off every single News at Ten viewer and made most threaten to go over to FOX 5, all in one night. Hope your happy dickhead, you have managed to put WPIX from the alleged "5th place" to LAST place behind WWOR, the PBS stations, all the other independents, Univision, ION, and Telemundo.

If I'm correct, noting there are only 2 newscasts at 10:00, WPIX and WNYW would technically be tied for first...? Maybe WPIX is first and maybe WNYW is second? or Vice versa? Exactly.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you ask me, I think they are just asking for their long-running news department to be axed. Let's all give a big round of applause to Bill Carey, who has single-handedly pissed off every single News at Ten viewer and made most threaten to go over to FOX 5, all in one night. Hope your happy dickhead, you have managed to put WPIX from the alleged "5th place" to LAST place behind WWOR, the PBS stations, all the other independents, Univision, ION, and Telemundo.

If I'm correct, noting there are only 2 newscasts at 10:00, WPIX and WNYW would technically be tied for first...? Maybe WPIX is first and maybe WNYW is second? or Vice versa? Exactly.

I have heard Channel 5 say several times that they are New Yorks #1 News at 10pm... Also will WPIX have this format for the Weekend News at 6 and or 10 or is it just for during the week?

Guest NewsHound
I have heard Channel 5 say several times that they are New Yorks #1 News at 10pm... Also will WPIX have this format for the Weekend News at 6 and or 10 or is it just for during the week?

Of course Channel 5 will say they are New York's #1 News at 10pm even if they weren't. Do they have Nielsen proof?

My guess it will move into the weekend as well, just with Jim Watkins at the helm.

Guest NewsHound

According to some WPIX viewers in the discussion thread on their Facebook page, WPIX is growing agitiated and have received lots of complaining phone calls today. One viewer said the woman on the phone was really rude and telling her to get used to it.

Could this be because of the lack of warning? I wouldn't know about this change if I didn't read this board. I never watch the commercials so I don't know if they've been advertising this. Kaity and Jim didn't say anything either and Applegate just took over like she has been working with Mr G for 15 years.

Guest NewsHound

In the chat tonight, Debra Alpharone and Greg Mocker were taking down suggestions the news director wanted to know to improve the newscast. People wanting Kaity and Jim back fell on deaf ears, however a new graphics package from Giant Octopus was taken down, a move back to the studio, and a desk. They won't bring back Kaity and Jim or drop the format, but they can bring in a desk, new graphics, and a move back to the studio. We'll see what happens.

I felt sorry for Kaity tonight, she sounded and looked like she had been crying, she seemed so alone.

I felt sorry for Kaity tonight, she sounded and looked like she had been crying, she seemed so alone.

Someone mentioned that in the chat.

Unbelievable how this is the way Tribune treats a 30 year veteran in the business.

Archived