Reid Lamberty to join Fox 5, Cindy Hsu staying at 2

NYnewsFan

The Daily News today reports on lots of local station information.

Reid Lamberty is joining Fox 5 as the weekend anchor and a reporter. He starts next week. (Unfortunately Karen Hepp is staying when she comes back from maternity leave.)

Dick Brennan is becoming lead political reporter.

Cindy Hsu has signed a new contract with WCBS. (I am sure she will have a larger role again when channel 2 shuffles their anchor lineup at some point this year. They are due for it.)

Kerri Lyon is leaving WCBS.

Dari Alexander is pregnant. (Hopefully she will stay away for good once she gives birth.)

http://nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2007/03/23/2007-03-23_lamberty_drops_anchor_at_ch_5.html

Oh joyous day!!! Reid back in the anchor desk! I knew another network would recognise his talent.

This is further proof positive that WCBS' management is bordering on psychotic. Here they have basically been paying him NOT to sit in the anchor chair out of spite-even to the point of bringing in Jim Rosenfield for a sixth night and yet another local outfit snaps him right up.

SEND DR. PHIL TO WCBS. THEY NEED HELP!!!!!

The Daily News today reports on lots of local station information.

Cindy Hsu has signed a new contract with WCBS. (I am sure she will have a larger role again when channel 2 shuffles their anchor lineup at some point this year. They are due for it.)

Kerri Lyon is leaving WCBS.

Yes, Cindy stays in NY! I hope she does get a bigger role. Maybe they realize Christine and Kate ain't cutting it.

I like Kerri Lyon when she was on NY1 and WCBS, sad to see her go.

Yes, Johnson should be anchoring AM weekends. Hsu deserves better than that. And we can hope that Peter Dunn wakes up and fires David Friend. And please, search for someone that has vision.

I thought the Doc already is on WCBS 2. Unless they dropped the show.

Well I did find out (via Wikipedia) that most of Channel 2's newscasts has recently placed 3rd. Apperently Good....But not good enough. Does anybody know where WCBS 2 News currently stands ratings wise?

In the pulgatorium, at least they have raised a little bit from hell at 5PM, but lost at 6 & 11. But WCBS-TV finished 2nd sign-on-to-sign-off. And yes, the bug should appear when the lower thirds appear.

I thought the Doc already is on WCBS 2. Unless they dropped the show.

Well I did find out (via Wikipedia) that most of Channel 2's newscasts has recently placed 3rd. Apperently Good....But not good enough. Does anybody know where WCBS 2 News currently stands ratings wise?

On average, WCBS places third. They have for years. Even when they come in 5th in the morning, they still come out third overall.

And Dr. Phil is on CBS 2 still, and when in the city for Letterman or whatever, usually stops by the station and records some Family First pieces, etc.

Cindy Hsu's renewal was a positive surprise...what a great move; kudos — major kudos — to Channel 2 for that at least.

As for ratings, I think 2 is still trailing 7 and 4 for the most part. [bTW, re the first Dr. Phil comment, I wonder what he'd say about 2's news department given the state it's in, as well as whether an intervention on his scale would actually work...but that's probably for another thread.]

It would be nice if they redid there mornings. Bring Steve Bartlestein in the mornings and get rid of that horrific morning team. Pair him on the mornings with Cindy Hsu or Mary Calvi. Either one of them has the personality that they could go from news to banter like Bartlestein did in the mornings. Or if they don't want to bring Steve Bartlestein , which I think would be a good move bc he is very popular in the mornings (and didnt have the Oprah lead in like Roz Abrams did while on ch7), pair Cindy Hsu and Mary Calvi Together. Move one of the current morning anchors to weekend am and the other to weekend pm. Or they can ax one of them or both of them. I always though Hazel Sanchez wouldn't be bad for anchoring on weekends. Great surprise with Cindy Hsu. It seemed like they were phasing her out more and more with removing her first from the 5pm , then removing her from the noon, then seeing less of her reports and just really appearing a couple days a which included the weekends mainly. I'd imagine her role will increase to renew her. Very nice surprise. I was lobbying for her to replace Lucy Noland on channel 5.

Speaking of fox 5, having Reid Lamberty is a huge improvement over Brennan. While Dick is a good reporter, he is very stiff and not the best of anchors. He did not have chemistry with Hepp, and it was rumored the two didn't get along. He will stay as a reporter, and Reid will replace him in the anchor seat and will fill in on the weekday or report about 3 times a week. Reid did show he could anchor and report a story.

Oh joyous day!!! Reid back in the anchor desk! I knew another network would recognise his talent.

This is further proof positive that WCBS' management is bordering on psychotic. Here they have basically been paying him NOT to sit in the anchor chair out of spite-even to the point of bringing in Jim Rosenfield for a sixth night and yet another local outfit snaps him right up.

Uh Dr Phil is on WCBS and I don't think even he could help. What they need is Dr Laura, do as I say not as I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would love to see her in the mornings, or at 12/5. You need someone perky, happy, and friendly in the morning and Cindy is just that. Her and Maurice work well together. I remember them working together a long while back on a weekday.

I would love to see her in the mornings, or at 12/5. You need someone perky, happy, and friendly in the morning and Cindy is just that. Her and Maurice work well together. I remember them working together a long while back on a weekday.

actually Maurice was the only anchor that Cindy didn't have any chemistry with whatsoever. Maurice doesn't do well with co-anchors. I say move him to solo anchor weekend evenings and bring Cindy and Mary to weekday mornings

Cindy was great with Pomeranz. I'm not a big fan of Maurice, he breaths too loud, lol. No, it just that Maurice doesn't fit well with anyone.

Maybe in order for them to renew her contract she probably agree to a pay cut.

That's probably true. I just don't understand why they treat her with such disrespect. She is such a great anchor. Why was she demoted?!?! What is so special about Johnson and Sullivan? Both of them don't deserve to work in the #1 DMA. (They should have given Sullivan's spot with Jackie Hyland, late of WPIX) Yeah maybe it could have been a matter of money, but you cannot be cheap and forgo quality. I would really want to speak to the management team and ask them what the hell is wrong with them. Doesn't it get you mad when you think about it? It drives me crazy.

Archived