PIX11 DEBUTING A NEW SET TOMORROW MORNING

nynewslover

This was kept pretty "hush-hush" but PIX 11 is debuting a new set tomorrow morning on the morning show."We're getting a brand new set on the PIX11 Morning News team! The debut is at 4am tomorrow.!"-- this a tweet from a twitter page named PIX11NIGHTS" God only knows what this is going to look like..but we will see.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please tell me this means 5pm and 10pm newscasts will be done from the new studio.

Where was the AM news being done from while the set got a remodel?

I noticed from video on wpix.com they were using the interview area today so that has not changed.

That's the thing. The morning news was done in their usual set, so when did they have time to build a new set, unless it's on a different floor? But I don't think they have any other space for a new set at their location.

@normkara We're getting a brand new set on the PIX11 Morning News team! The debut is at 4am tomorrow. Tune in to @TamsenFadal!

THAT IS THE TWEET THEY POSTED LAST NIGHT.. one of them also put a picture saying "bye bye old set, tomorrow we will be on a brand new set" You gotta remember this is PIX.. this could very well be what theyre trying to pull off as their "new set"

Sukanya just said they will be in the newsroom for 2-3 weeks while they make over the studio. From the way the tweet was written it sounded like they were debuting a new set today. But who knows maybe it'll be better than we think.. And PIX might be worth watching again.

I work in the DN building. They are doing construction on the main level an installing work station cubes. They might be removing the cubes from the newsroom and building the new set there. Found an interesting website, produceatpix.com, seems like they want to do other types productions in the current news studio

I noticed when they go to break on the AM News they show photos of the anchors.

It's kinda like what SNL does when they come back from break.

They are nice photos but It seems a little goofy using them as they go to break.

b60996152641962.jpg 5426aa152641972.jpg 4a1c1f152641985.jpg fe4a72152641996.jpg

I noticed when they go to break on the AM News they show photos of the anchors.

It's kinda like what SNL does when they come back from break.

They are nice photos but It seems a little goofy using them as they go to break.

b60996152641962.jpg 5426aa152641972.jpg 4a1c1f152641985.jpg fe4a72152641996.jpg

This is also what Morning Joe on MSNBC does going to breaks; no different really.

I always wonder: if a set will be demolished, should pieces of it be auctioned or like give to people if they want it?

a lot of times most parts probably can not be salvaged..however when News12 Hudson Valley demolished their old set they donated some of the pieces to a local college for their news program.

A real waste considering that their main news set got made over about a couple of years ago to launch their failed 6:30 newscast. But, their other set has been in use since they launched the morning news back in 2000. That was kind of due for a remodel.

Is there a reason why so many of the NY stations are choosing to redo their sets now?

Because its just that time to do so. The time is right. We are in a new decade, new changes in television presentation so it really makes sense to do it. The face and format of the news over the years has changed significantly its really not the way it used to be anymore, also most of the sets in this market were old dating more than 5+ years. So its just the right time. Hopefully the look will improve. But again, their morning program is significantly better than their evening broadcasts, to the point where it almost feels like two different entities..

a lot of times most parts probably can not be salvaged..however when News12 Hudson Valley demolished their old set they donated some of the pieces to a local college for their news program.

Usually the decision to donate the set will be done prior to demolition, so they'll take it apart carefully. Otherwise they'll quite literally take a sledge hammer to it. I know some stations have hoarding problems and will put as many pieces they can in storage (this is especially true for anything that has a logo on it). Sometimes the logo pieces will end up in the hands of station staff.

Though I'm sure if you paid off the garbage man, they'd let you rummage through the dumpster for 5 minutes. :rolleyes:

Would they go through a major remodel of the studio to just use it for the am news?

All news casts should go back to the new studio when it's ready.

I'm guessing the plan is to put all the newscasts on the new set.. I don't think they would spend that much money if they were just going to do one newscast from there.. Maybe they are finally gonna do something good.

Did anyone just see what they did with their opening report? They had Jodi in the studio and instead of going to one reporter.. The went to three reporters in one shot and they started talking to EACH OTHER about the not guilty verdict.. I'm young and honestly I do like to see the news done in a lighter format sometimes but come on PIX be real enough is enough.

Honestly idk what drug the people running PIX are taking.. But this morning the had Tamsen Fadal doing a report standing in front of a green screen with the old set as the background.. Hey PIX u said that you were demolishing the set so why would you use it as a background? That's just stupid!

What's with the zebra like print panels behind the monitors in the newsroom set? If makes me wonder if the the 5/10pm will be broadcast in the new set, because there's a commercial about Shocktober and in it they tell you to tune in to the debut of the new set for the morning news.

Archived