PIX11 DEBUTING A NEW SET TOMORROW MORNING

nynewslover

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm rather impressed to be honest but what I have noticed quite a bit, there is no place for them to sit or stand without a head or body blocking the view

of one of the many, many monitors (maybe too many?) I'm used to seeing a whole picture or graphic to the left or

right of an anchor but whenever there were two anchors in the shot, someone was always in the way.

Same thing when they were sitting on the couch.

The color on the panels on the side of the desk and the area above the LCD monitors can be changed.

6am it was purple and at 7am it changed to orange.

653a83156223275.jpg f7c23b156223304.jpg 1e4681156223322.jpg 13200b156223343.jpg 64a075156223378.jpg

The only thing I don't like is the white & gray desk used for interviews.

I was hoping that WPIX's set would really look good, and I was impressed.

The set actually reminds me of either a British, Australian, or cable network morning show (to me specifically HLN's Morning Express).

WPIX really exceeded viewers' expectations about this set and then some. Congrats to them. Now wating on WNBC.

BTW did you guys like my joke?

For those of you wondering:

WPIX is not broadcasting from its new set on its 5pm newscast. Sad. Maybe on Monday.

By the way, its graphics are different.

Oh and it's been a few months since it debuted. Do you guys know its ratings.

Graphics are still ugly.

I think this is the direction Tribune wants to continue in. Elements of this set remind me of the set at KSWB here in San Diego. Mainly the two person main anchor desk and the color changing panels.

lrg-1737-9.jpg

I think this is the direction Tribune wants to continue in. Elements of this set remind me of the set at KSWB here in San Diego. Mainly the two person main anchor desk and the color changing panels.

lrg-1737-9.jpg

they dont even use yellow anymore. its always red or blue

4am-6am Lisa did weather and traffic. 7am-9am Linda did weather and Nathan Kamp was doing traffic. Is he their new male version of Jill doing traffic and reporting?

I guess so.. All I gotta say is if he wants to survive on PIX he needs to "wake up"'a little.. His personality is way to boring compared to everyone else that works there.

Do they even use it anymore? If not, what a waste.

I think they use a portion (a *very* small portion, mainly the center monitor column) of it for the local inserts during "Eyeopener" and a couple "HeadlineHouston.com" updates through the day.

Otherwise, you rarely see anyone fronting stories on air during the "NewsFix" broadcasts.

I guess so.. All I gotta say is if he wants to survive on PIX he needs to "wake up"'a little.. His personality is way to boring compared to everyone else that works there.

Nathan Kamp? First opportunity to see him. omg, I don't like to just bash talent. He might be a nice guy and all but he is AWFUL on air. He sounds totally unprepared, nervous and just totally out of place

They just mentioned at 7:10 that he was from Seattle. Why would you have someone from the Pacific northwest do NYC traffic?

Archived