WABC - 7 Eyewitness News

Smitha A

I spoke with a source at WABC who directly deals with creative services, who said that the report of new graphics and music this month are unsubstantiated- there is nothing planned in the near future.

Dang it, when will they upgrade already? Or are they telling us this to throw us off the trail? Is WABC's CSD secretly being controlled by a Yeerk?

The person who originally posted about new music and graphics ("nynewsguy") says the same thing every year or two and bases his/her information on nothing but their own wishful thinking or speculation. He/she continuously spreads false news about WABC.

I'm not really sure why some of you have been hoping for new graphics (unless it's just for excitement). I think the set currently being used is still pretty slick, and it looks good in HD.

WABC doesn't have the worlds best graphics...

That looks awesome! I can't wait for it to be complete. Just one thing: where have they been working while the newsroom's been a disaster area? And what happened to that movie poster w/ Roger Grimsby?

Today is the last day of Ken and Lori at noon (reportedly) I wonder if anything will be mentioned even if it's just one of them leaving the noon show.

Did you read that somewhere or are you just assuming? I know Shirleen's first day at WABC was reported to be June 1 but, unless it's been reported otherwise since, I doubt she'll start anchoring on Monday. I'm guessing she'll get a few days to become oriented to the station, then she'll be sent out into the field just to do reporting on air for a couple weeks, and then they'll pop her in the anchor chair. That's what has happened in the past for both Rob Nelson and David Novarro.

VERY INTERESTING.

If this was her last day, she would've been at the desk anchoring. But this is strange.

Although, Lauren Glassman is a really good fill-in.

Not sure why she has to be at the anchor desk if it's her last day on the noon show. It's not like she's leaving WABC all together.

And it's Glassberg, not Glassman.

Not sure why she has to be at the anchor desk if it's her last day on the noon show. It's not like she's leaving WABC all together.

And it's Glassberg, not Glassman.

I meant by if this would be her last day, she would at least let viewers (at least unaware ones) know she is leaving the noon show to move up to evenings. At least to me; no big deal.

And thanks for the mention of the correct name; it really slipped off my mind when I watched and first saw her. I honestly never knew about her before. I haven't watched Eyewitness News in a while. The name is now fixed.

I meant by if this would be her last day, she would at least let viewers (at least unaware ones) know she is leaving the noon show to move up to evenings. At least to me; no big deal.

Who said Lori's moving to evenings?

Nobody. That's what I thought.

No one is going anywhere as of yet. All we know is Shirleen will anchor the noon show. We don't even know if anyone is leaving as of yet. We all like to speculate but shouldn't spread false information. I'll admit I did read the original article wrong. I thought it said she started at the desk June 1st but it states she starts at WABC June 1st.. And as mentioned it will probably he a week or two before appearing on air

^ Yeah when I read the articles, I honestly thought too, that the line "her first day at June 1" meant "she'll first appear on TV (probably in-studio)" and not "she'll first work at the station and get acquainted". I guess, even if I'm excited for a new hire of a station, I should still read between the lines. I'm sorry if I caused a panic at the moment. And for initially incorrectly spelling Lauren Glassberg's name.