WABC - 7 Eyewitness News

Smitha A

Yeah but that's WABC's forte. Weather and Heather, There goes that news van again, etc...

also don't forget when sam champion was there they had some quirky ones like some grandma and her husband going nuts seeing him in a building and the sun shining on him walking with an umbrella and some people dressed as various the sun and thunderclouds and lightning etc.

• Like 1

also don't forget when sam champion was there they had some quirky ones like some grandma and her husband going nuts seeing him in a building and the sun shining on him walking with an umbrella and some people dressed as various the sun and thunderclouds and lightning etc.

Also the "he is Sam Champion.." to the tune of Queen's "We Are The Champions".

• Like 1

Actually it did air on television and that behind the scenes farewell video is a longer version of the farewell video shown on air. The anchors singing, of course,was not in the actual promo but the words and tune certainly were and so were the start/end clips of the real promo shown in the tribute video. I've included them in this post.

Also, if you search through this forum, you'll find posts from 2007 talking about it.

image.thumb.png.10a029f6f14a24380fc704859b795f64.png

image.thumb.png.6f1bc6b3592bb4e22a1adcb613400a58.png

It's a cool promo. Quirky and memorable, yet it's not corny.

Btw... am I correct in noticing an interesting flux/shift in reporters? Renee Stoll seems to have disappeared as fast as she appeared. Darla Miles seems to have gone MIA again, which is a shame because she is SO talented. And there are two new folks in the form of Mallory Hoff and CeFaan Kim, both of whom seem quite good.

Thoughts or insight?

Btw... am I correct in noticing an interesting flux/shift in reporters? Renee Stoll seems to have disappeared as fast as she appeared. Darla Miles seems to have gone MIA again, which is a shame because she is SO talented. And there are two new folks in the form of Mallory Hoff and CeFaan Kim, both of whom seem quite good.

Thoughts or insight?

I've seen Hoff.. she isn't bad.. Kim is from News12 Westchester he's great I like him a lot

Thoughts or insight?

Darla Miles was on air this morning.

• Like 2

WABC took the rare step Wednesday of pushing back by 13 minutes the start of Jimmy Kimmel so they could stay on the air until the Mets won the NLCS Penant to advance to the World Series. The 11pm team ad libbed for about 5 minutes starting at 11:34 until the Mets officially won at 11:39. Eyewitness News stayed on air until 11:48 covering the reaction in throughout the city and in Chicago. Jimmy Kimmel aired in full once the news signed off.

During the preview for the next episode of Nashville at the end of Wednesday's episode there was a WABC lower third with logo present on a DVR one of the characters was using. The "story" on the lower third was in canon for that show. Time and temp were turned off for the graphic. I just barely caught it as it flew by as I fast forwarded to my local 11pm newscast and managed to pause it. Pretty neat.

During the preview for the next episode of Nashville at the end of Wednesday's episode there was a WABC lower third with logo present on a DVR one of the characters was using. The "story" on the lower third was in canon for that show. Time and temp were turned off for the graphic. I just barely caught it as it flew by as I fast forwarded to my local 11pm newscast and managed to pause it. Pretty neat.

They used WABC last year, too, for a story taking place in New York. What's funny is that in this most recent episode, the WABC news segment (logo, graphics and all) was supposedly watched live by characters in multiple cities including Atlanta and Nashville. So I guess WABC has become the default TV station for every city in the fictional "Nashville" storyline.

WABC must have a good friend high up at ABC Entertainment. There Goes That News Van Again... This time in last week's "Quantico".

[ATTACH=full]2423[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]2424[/ATTACH]

Did an actual reporter get to hold that mic there in the second picture or is this just a mockup? The van isn't exactly equipped to do much of anything it doesn't look like...