Rob Morrison arrested

tvknowledge

Morrison lies to WCBS bosses about his real reason for calling out Monday, so who can take his word that he really didnt touch his wife.

”Evidently, he lied to the station about how his face was injured when he called in sick. That alone is a serious offense.”

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlny/source-anchor-rob-morrison-lied-to-the-station-about-injured-face-may-be-fired-from-wcbs_b76757

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This gets worse and worse with each report that comes out..I feel bad for the son hopefully he didn't witness to much..Rob is obviously no good..CBS has no choice at this point but to dump him..Not only for moral and ethical reasons but if they keep him they will loose viewers in a heart beat.. There was always something about him that bothered me..he always had a weird/angry look in his eyes..If Ashley knows whats right shell take the son and move far away with her mother.

Whatever slim chance he may have had of getting his job back (since these still are alleged charges afterall) are sunk after this Daily News update. David Friend is a taskmaster for perfection on air and from his talent. He is in the habit of getting rid of talent for much lesser offenses. There's no way Rob could survive this.

His best chance is to do what the likes of so many other charged newspeople have done. Move, proclaim self help and interventions and counseling, let it die down, then try to get a job in another market far away. eg- Mark Danon, Geoff Fox etc

If it's true that Don is in fact out next month I would like to see Jim Watkins return to the airwaves with Dana at 6 and on WLNY at 9. I like Chris with Dana but the morning show will need a strong anchor with personality and he definitely fits the bill. I agree with the previous poster about Dick Brennan on weekends...He's a great choice.

I don't think Chris would like it because he would see it as an demotion from what is already a demotion from being the 5 and 11 p.m. anchor to the 6 and 9 p.m. anchor. I think they should find someone who is kind of new to the New York market that has great chemistry.

I don't think Chris would like it because he would see it as an demotion from what is already a demotion from being the 5 and 11 p.m. anchor to the 6 and 9 p.m. anchor. I think they should find someone who is kind of new to the New York market that has great chemistry.

I kind of agree.. Only thing is the morning show probably has a lot more viewers and is more important than the 9:00 since that's a limited audience.. I'd like to see John Muller from PIX11 back in a NY anchor chair. Maybe they'd bring him in? He was pretty popular when he was on PIX.

When Rosanna was removed from the 5pm and 10pm newscast on FOX 5, I dont think she took it as a demotion, management wanted her to help the sagging ratings on GDNY. I think CBS2 management could do the same with Chris.

When Rosanna was removed from the 5pm and 10pm newscast on FOX 5, I dont think she took it as a demotion, management wanted her to help the sagging ratings on GDNY. I think CBS2 management could do the same with Chris.

Yeah, I know that but in this situation it is kind of different. I feel that Rosanna wanted to change time spots and I just don't see Chris taking this very well. Well on the other hand this is WCBS we are talking about who changes anchors all the time.

Yeah, I know that but in this situation it is kind of different. I feel that Rosanna wanted to change time spots and I just don't see Chris taking this very well. Well on the other hand this is WCBS we are talking about who changes anchors all the time.

I think that Rosanna played her move very well. It seemed like she wanted to go to GDNY, but on Greg Kelly's last day (before he went to the 10 o'clock, only to come back) she made a comment that she left the 10 o'clock "kicking and screaming" .... Morning news for what ever reason is not a desirable.

WCBS has removed Rob Morrison's Bio. The CBS2 News This Morning Facebook page also changed their cover photo. My guess is everyone at CBS 2 is very hectic right now.

Someone tweeted Chris Wragge:

"great to see u up early and working on tv. a big fan. hope shift becomes permanent."

Chris Wragge's response:

"Soul [his workout] in the am is permanent.. TV at that time... not so much... but I appreciate the vote!"

Morrison adamantly felt there was no reason to replace him. Then he resigns? More like management told him to resign. Now CBS2 can wash their hands of the whole situation and move on.

The latest from both the Daily News and Post just keep painting a more and more serious situation.

I was never a RM fan but I wish him better days ahead as he cures his apparent alcoholism and anger management and stays away from Ashley. The latest stories don't make her out to be

an innocent bystander either. Who gets the worst of this? Their kid

Morrison adamantly felt there was no reason to replace him. Then he resigns? More like management told him to resign. Now CBS2 can wash their hands of the whole situation and move on.

The latest from both the Daily News and Post just keep painting a more and more serious situation.

I was never a RM fan but I wish him better days ahead as he cures his apparent alcoholism and anger management and stays away from Ashley. The latest stories don't make her out to be

an innocent bystander either. Who gets the worst of this? Their kid

Being given the chance to resign is the best thing that can happen to his career. Granted, this is so high-profile that it's virtually impossible for him to escape it, but were he fired, he'd have even less of a chance of popping up somewhere else in the future. If it was their idea, it's a classy move on CBS2's part.

Archived