Preview of New Graphics for CBS 2?

bc485

I just saw a minute-long version of this promo. It's nice and the music is powerful but it's so vague and absolutely nothing about it is local, except for the skyline shot from the chopper at the very end. I wouldn't be surprised if the exact same promo shows up on the other O&Os. Also, none of it tells viewers why they should watch CBS 2 newscasts.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I posted some snapshots from more promos that don't offer up much more detail: http://newsbyte2.blogspot.com/2013/04/expect-more.html

They also promote their Facebook and Twitter handles in an ID for the weather team but the Twitter icon is from two logos ago.

I also noticed that they seem to use the same font that was on the promos from KYW that HulkieD posted.

http://mctyw.net/gal...new-look-hints/

When I saw the screenshots it struck me as pretty meaningless. I can't see KCNC using this. Their brand doesn't strike me as confused enough to resort to this.

I noticed that they're also reviving the "Colorado's News Channel" brand. It would be silly and confusing to add another slogan to this.

I noticed that they're also reviving the "Colorado's News Channel" brand. It would be silly and confusing to add another slogan to this.

Expect MORE from Colorado's News Channel because we're On Your Side. This is sadly more coherent than the new WITI open.

Expect MORE from Colorado's News Channel because we're On Your Side. This is sadly more coherent than the new WITI open.

"When it matters to you, It matters to us. - FOX6 News: Because You Matter. - FOX6 News starts right now."

At least KCNC's is a complete sentence.

They're using the new gold 2 logo (but flat, not 3-D) on the end page of a "Tomorrow at 11" promo... If I had to guess, I'd say they're getting an updated look sometime between now and tomorrow night.

• 2 weeks later...
For all those wondering, KYW finally changed the bug to the boxed logo as of today.

Did they change anything else? Of course not.

At least they got rid of that damn HD tag on the side.

For all those wondering, KYW finally changed the bug to the boxed logo as of today.

Did they change anything else? Of course not.

Jezz, have they ever heard of alignment? This looks very sloppy.

NYNewsWatch posted a new CBS 2 promo, and if you look closely at the big screen behind Kristine and Maurice, the glass CBS eye is different, and seems to be rotating around in a full circle. Could this be their new graphics package?

(P.S.: I am also user "chrismilton95", but I had it linked with my Facebook account, which I deactivated, so I had to start a new one under my Twitter account...)

• 1 month later...

I was watching KDKA-TV this morning (around 11:45) and noticed that the WCBS "Expect MORE" promo has trickled down to the station, though they use their branding and a scene from the morning news open at the end. The logo is still the same (there's no indication that they're going to a yellow "2"), but they didn't render it in 3D like in the WCBS promo. I'll try to get a picture at some point if I can. I had no idea that KDKA would start making us "Expect MORE".

Could this be a sign that something new for the O&Os is still in the works?

Archived