The Definitive ABC 7 Thread

24994J

The funny thing is that her shot in the 4 looks far more cohesive than all four talents in the 7 open. Those have out-of-whack lighting and the framing differs greatly than all the shots on the mothership. Terrell's shot in the morning wasn't botched like the WCIU ones, either.

The funny thing is that her shot in the 4 looks far more cohesive than all four talents in the 7 open. Those have out-of-whack lighting and the framing differs greatly than all the shots on the mothership. Terrell's shot in the morning wasn't botched like the WCIU ones, either.

Is it possible for you to post the morning open? If so, that would be awesome, thanks!

Honestly, that involves rolling out of bed before 6:10. Things have been kinda wacky around my house for a few weeks, and as it's settling down, I should get it up soon.

Meanwhile, the 5 o'clock will be up in like 10 minutes, if it airs. It looked like crap, so I'll try again tomorrow.

Honestly, that involves rolling out of bed before 6:10. Things have been kinda wacky around my house for a few weeks, and as it's settling down, I should get it up soon.

Meanwhile, the 5 o'clock will be up in like 10 minutes, if it airs. It looked like crap, so I'll try again tomorrow.

Hahahah, take your time, don't worry about it. I appreciate it!

She always seems pissed on abc 7 lol! I think it's her trying to be the serious new girl trying to fit in. I don't think she means it but it comes across that way. I also wonder if the veterans are treating her crappy since mike left and or social media?!?

It's more inexperience than anything... She's a little wet behind the ears for this market. Maybe she's feeling the pressure, I still believe her delivery has issues.

It's more inexperience than anything... She's a little wet behind the ears for this market. Maybe she's feeling the pressure, I still believe her delivery has issues.

I love how everyone is bashing her about being in this market. She has already been in this market for a few years already. I do agree with the statements about her delivery. Since she has been at ABC 7 her delivery seems to be lacking the intensity and flow since her days over at NBC 5. I chalk all of that up to nerves and getting use to the flow of a new station. She was a little lacking when she came to NBC 5 but she ended up being really good with her delivery. You also have to think a lot of this has happened very fast. She was hired at the end of December then given a new 7pm show. Within weeks was then promoted to the 4pm and 5pm show. That's a big jump in such a short time. Give her some time and she will get better.

I love how everyone is bashing her about being in this market. She has already been in this market for a few years already. I do agree with the statements about her delivery. Since she has been at ABC 7 her delivery seems to be lacking the intensity and flow since her days over at NBC 5. I chalk all of that up to nerves and getting use to the flow of a new station. She was a little lacking when she came to NBC 5 but she ended up being really good with her delivery. You also have to think a lot of this has happened very fast. She was hired at the end of December then given a new 7pm show. Within weeks was then promoted to the 4pm and 5pm show. That's a big jump in such a short time. Give her some time and she will get better.

I will submit that she has not much more than 7 years of career experience... That's not much relative to other people in many big markets. Even then just because you are somewhere doesn't mean you are really good. It just means you are there.

She always seems pissed on abc 7 lol! I think it's her trying to be the serious new girl trying to fit in. I don't think she means it but it comes across that way. I also wonder if the veterans are treating her crappy since mike left and or social media?!?

Social media (via recent posts on the ABC7 Chicago facebook page) seem to be a mix between 'She's hot' and 'Bring Mike back'. There is nothing she can do about it other than not focus on it and continue to push forward. I doubt anyone @ ABC7 is treating her crappy. I would hope they would be above that.

Social media (via recent posts on the ABC7 Chicago facebook page) seem to be a mix between 'She's hot' and 'Bring Mike back'. There is nothing she can do about it other than not focus on it and continue to push forward. I doubt anyone @ ABC7 is treating her crappy. I would hope they would be above that.

Apparently the Mike Caplan fan base is none too pleased... The last thing you really want to do is make people mad with personel moves. There are 4 other stations to watch in town and the line may be finer than it looks between some of them, especially 5 and 9.

1A. I don't see her getting shunned by the staff, both on and off-air. Though, if any team in town could make face for the cameras and be totally convincing, it'd be 7. As for major viewer loss, I don't see it happening, especially viewers shifting from 'LS to 'GN. Skilling is a big draw, and anyone that didn't leave ABC for WGN in September almost certainly won't leave now just because Mike is gone.

1B. Jumping from one station to another in this town on a regular basis is a big culture shock, and one anchor, one theme, or one graphic alone is not enough to cause such a shift. Ultimately, the culture of the station doesn't change, and life goes on almost uninterrupted. Sure, people come and go, but not once have I heard of ABC 7 being some toxic waste heap to work at with miserable employees sending out their resumes...that's down the street at another station.

2. In regards to her being in some sort of mood tonight, should she be damned to hell for not being "on" 24/7? You gotta love Jerry Taft, but I don't recall him having a flawless broadcast day in years. Frankly, nitpicking her personality on a broadcast-by-broadcast basis comes across as incredibly juvenile. Look, I'm not her biggest fan, but finding her every fault is almost worse than blaming her for Mike's firing. I implore some of you to grow up a little.

1. I don't see her getting shunned by the staff, both on and off-air. Though, if any team in town could make face for the cameras and be totally convincing, it'd be 7. As for major viewer loss, I don't see it happening, especially viewers shifting from 7 to 9. Skilling is a big draw, and anyone that didn't leave ABC for WGN in September almost certainly won't leave now just because Mike is gone.

2. In regards to her being in some sort of mood tonight, should she be damned to hell for not being "on" 24/7? You gotta love Jerry Taft, but I don't recall him having a flawless broadcast day in years. Frankly, nitpicking her personality on a broadcast-by-broadcast comes across as incredibly juvenile. Look, I'm not her biggest fan, but finding her every fault is almost worse than blaming her for Mike's firing. I implore some of you to grow up a little.

What if one of the major reasons you tuned in was Mike? Just playing a little devils advocate here. I agree it won't be some kind of dive in the numbers but it might dip a few tenths of a point for a book or two. If any big guns leave (like anchors) it would probably be more.

As for the mood thing... I agree nit picking every broadcast and every single delivery is overkill. I can see once a month or something to track her progress but not every day... Jerry just kind of goes with it which is part of why he is likeable so a flawless delivery almost becomes secondary at this point. Besides... It's fun to watch him struggle to not laugh or to watch his clicker die mid weathercast.. :D

I agree that public perception might dip, perhaps reflected in the ratings, and a few hundred might leave, cold turkey, but the notion being perpetuated by some on and off this board that they're going to fall like a rock is utterly ridiculous.