The Definitive ABC 7 Thread

24994J

I agree that public perception might dip, perhaps reflected in the ratings, and a few hundred might leave, cold turkey, but the notion being perpetuated by some on and off this board that they're going to fall like a rock is utterly ridiculous.

Well yeah that's crazy... even I didn't mean that... I just meant that virtually always there is some minor dip at least when a long-time face vanishes suddenly. I think it looks worse when the talent disappers and they release a new open without him the following Monday. Did anyone even so much as mention it on the air?

Well yeah that's crazy... even I didn't mean that... I just meant that virtually always there is some minor dip at least when a long-time face vanishes suddenly. I think it looks worse when the talent disappers and they release a new open without him the following Monday. Did anyone even so much as mention it on the air?

Hell no, and there wasn't the sad mood overwhelming any broadcast like when Sylvia was fired. That, I think, hit a lot harder. I do find it hilarious that some people go on the internet to ask on the Facebook pages where someone is (in this case, Mike), yet can't be bothered to do a Google search to find out for themselves, because you know darn well the station won't respond. It's like those people are nosy enough to ask, but don't care enough/are too lazy/are too stupid to find out from other sources.

I'm going to stop now, because I've come across as a little smarmy lately, and don't want to offend too many people.

Hell no, and there wasn't the sad mood overwhelming any broadcast like when Sylvia was fired. That, I think, hit a lot harder. I do find it hilarious that some people go on the internet to ask on the Facebook pages where someone is (in this case, Mike), yet can't be bothered to do a Google search to find out for themselves, because you know darn well the station won't respond. It's like those people are nosy enough to ask, but don't care enough/are too lazy/are too stupid to find out from other sources.

I'm going to stop now, because I've come across as a little smarmy lately, and don't want to offend too many people.

That's because a good general rule a friend once told me usually rings true: People are, indeed, stupid. I hadn't noticed any smarmyness or anything... you really shouldn't be worried about offending people either but that's just my 2 cents. I think everybody has been pretty well behaved around here lately (well really always) so I think the discussions we have been having about this and other stuff have been pretty constructive. :)

The weekend talent opens are back in time for sweeps with Dionne added and Karen reshot. Bobblehead Ravi remains.

I'm actually in town this weekend so I got to see it on an actual tv... I thought it looked pretty good overall.

Yeah, it's over the air. You can always tell the OTA videos versus the ones recorded off the online stream, the latter are louder.

Gotcha, I see it stayed HD for you, mine downgrade to 480p upon conversion. If you get time i'd be interested to know how you edit them.

For everyone talking about bobble head Ravi, I don't the open with Linda Yu who looks like she is talking and has Her mouth open. I think I saw it in the 4 pm open someone posted

Seems like she's saying 'Hey!!' which is fine. Ravi's is just weird and probably should have been caught.