The Definitive ABC 7 Thread

24994J

Was anyone thinking that this was going to set the world ablaze? I'm a little surprised that it hasn't improved on what it replaced, but it hasn't declined, at least. I'm also interested to see how the broadcast will do in the summer against repeats, subpar summer programming, and baseball (which isn't appointment television like Bulls and Hawks games).

I do wonder what the deal is in terms of who gets to pull the plug and when?

Was anyone thinking that this was going to set the world ablaze? I'm a little surprised that it hasn't improved on what it replaced, but it hasn't declined, at least. I'm also interested to see how the broadcast will do in the summer against repeats, subpar summer programming, and baseball (which isn't appointment television like Bulls and Hawks games).

I do wonder what the deal is in terms of who gets to pull the plug and when?

How do they promote this thing? Does get a "don't forget to join us for Eyewitness News at 7 on The U and then again for Eyewitness News At 10 right here on ABC7" or anything on the end of the 6? You really can't get much lower than 0.3 before this show becomes an extremely elaborate rehersal...

The plug it at the end of the 6pm show, with a similar graphic that they use to promote the 10 on the 7 show, and the morning news at 10. Otherwise, the promos for the newscast run several times a day in the rotation with the weather and morning show plugs, but mostly during the early evening news block and especially during Wheel of Fortune at 6:30. WCIU also runs a bunch, and even alerts viewers on some of their sub-channels at the top of the hour.

Back to my point before, I'd best compare it to NBC's mentality with Leno in primetime; it will perform best against repeats and weak competition. Besides, I don't know the balance of cost of producing news versus the Tyler Perry syndies in replaced, but the ABC 7 product might be more advertiser-friendly, even if with similar ratings. I'd also be curious to know the kind of numbers KABC pulls at 7pm on LA56.

Again, I don't know what people were expecting. Anyone who thought it would unseat one of the 5 networks on a nightly basis would be out of their minds.

So I was browsing through Judy's post about her and Hosea at 4pm yesterday and noticed a lot of people saying they haven't watched that newscast since Caplan was let go. She actually responded to a comment. I think that was the first person to ever say something about him on social media. "Sorry to hear that..." Not much but ya know

So I was browsing through Judy's post about her and Hosea at 4pm yesterday and noticed a lot of people saying they haven't watched that newscast since Caplan was let go. She actually responded to a comment. I think that was the first person to ever say something about him on social media. "Sorry to hear that..." Not much but ya know

Jettisoning long term talent always comes with inherent risk so those reactions from viewers to this aren't surprising... The question becomes how many left or are watching less now?

No notable changes at 4 o'clock in the February books. As always, the vocal minority has the loudest opinion.

It's too bad WLS doesn't do press releases detailing its wins every sweeps... I'd really love to see the numbers beyond some quote that they won again...

Get ready. It's coming...

619496_1280x720.jpg

Yes, that's a different version of the Circle 7. I don't know why, because it looks like crap, especially on a small scale.

It looks completely correct to me... Most of the O&O circle 7's look off.... Even WLS's usual one is a little odd... This one looks kind of like WABC's without being as off center.

Per Stacey Baca on Twitter, he's another shot of the graphics package. I'm guessing whoever designed the look tried to mimic the main station logo and turn it into a 3D object, but appears much different when returned to flat positioning.

CBtSg3EUMAAKQhs.jpg

"I'm bringing my own 'Reporter Potty'." -Mark Giangreco

And this was on the mothership, not the radio.

I wonder if anyone will say anything to him about that? Not sure how stiff they are over there on stuff like that.

He's done worse without issue, especially this was pretty much self-deprecating. He went on the radio minutes later and they teased him about it because I tweeted his remark to them.

He's done worse without issue, especially this was pretty much self-deprecating. He went on the radio minutes later and they teased him about it because I tweeted his remark to them.

Who is they?