The Definitive ABC 7 Thread

24994J

I do think the third story is a good idea, I hadn't thought of that. Ultimately, most of the people complaining online are saying that Goudie is dragging the one flight attendant's name through the ground, but I'd say that's only because her posing sparked the controversy. And, while the complaining public claims it's a right of passage, if the employer doesn't want it, then it's still wrong.

I do think the third story is a good idea, I hadn't thought of that. Ultimately, most of the people complaining online are saying that Goudie is dragging the one flight attendant's name through the ground, but I'd say that's only because her posing sparked the controversy. And, while the complaining public claims it's a right of passage, if the employer doesn't want it, then it's still wrong.

i kind of agree with those people cause he went ran a story by someone of the PC crowd who believes someone was doing something NOT "normal". I mentioned earlier Goudie is getting his medicine from flight attendants for taking a selfie during an emergency depressurization and was not wearing the mask correctly. But i dont know which is a worse this or the infamous meg baker's story of trains speeding but they were going normal speed.

What Chuck did in that selfie was stupid, for sure. If he doesn't put the mask on and something happened to him, there's photographic evidence that he made a silly, reckless decision. Perhaps his bosses confronted him on it later, but something like that likely isn't breaking any of ABC 7's rules. However, if taking these pictures in the engine is against the flight attendant's company/airline policy, then the employees need to be prepared to pay the price. If it's against the rules, then there's merit to the report, unlike the not-speeding-speeding train story.

What Chuck did in that selfie was stupid, for sure. If he doesn't put the mask on and something happened to him, there's photographic evidence that he made a silly, reckless decision. Perhaps his bosses confronted him on it later, but something like that likely isn't breaking any of ABC 7's rules. However, if taking these pictures in the engine is against the flight attendant's company/airline policy, then the employees need to be prepared to pay the price. If it's against the rules, then there's merit to the report, unlike the not-speeding-speeding train story.

"Employee Tradition" usually doesn't mean much to the companies. That one airline in the report that allows them under maintenance supervision sounds like an exception.

Let's say he doesn't take that selfie but still puts the mask on... Does he still screw it up? I'm thinking the answer is yes. It seems pretty clear he doesn't know much about those masks.

I see what you guys are saying rules are rules but some airlines are like you can do this with supervision etc or we don't approve of it but wont crucify etc.. what airline did the girl work for spirit or frontier?

ohhh no wonder why i heard some very bad thing about spirit etc and $$$$$$$$$$$$ is king there

That the other airline will only let you do it under close supervision tells you how dangerous it actually is...

Well time for a new version of the ABC7 Chicago app and a new logo... Blue with white circle 7 and CHICAGO below it.

Like, they SHOULD get a new one, or they DID get a new one? And, if they did, where'd you see it?

Hasn't rolled out to Android, then. But that's not surprising, I guess.

Do either of you have a picture or screenshot or something?

Never mind, I just looked it up.

Hasn't rolled out to Android, then. But that's not surprising, I guess.

Do either of you have a picture or screenshot or something?

Never mind, I just looked it up.

Time for it as in there it is... I don't speculate... At least not like that... Glad you found it though. It updates for apple watch compatibility, KABC and KGO got new logos and apps today too. The WABC app was done a couple weeks ago but got minor revisions today.

WXYZ does as well. I like the effect. WLS is very conservative with its presentation though. Give it 20 years maybe. :D

Distracting though, But I like it.

And yeah, WLS goes all out traditional with Stimulus and the nearly 10 year old graphics.

Distracting though, But I like it.

And yeah, WLS goes all out traditional with Stimulus and the nearly 10 year old graphics.

They got new graphics and music in 2013. But yeah all the ABC O&O's change at a glacial pace. That's gonna catch up to them sooner or later.

Now that I'm thinking about it, none of the Chicago stations use video in the OTS's on a regular basis. If any do, I'd guess WGN and WMAQ, but again, with no regularity.