The Definitive ABC 7 Thread

24994J

For anyone who can't read minds, Cheryl and Troy are on this afternoon with storm coverage.

WFLD broke in for a few minutes and NBC 5 is on with Byron and probably Alicia.

Continuing coverage at a moments notice...

In what is likely a first, Eyewitness News at 4 will be tonight's only afternoon newscast...on ABC 7. With a scheduled Cubs game today at 11:30, the station is also airing a make-up game at the weird time of 5, sending the 5 and 6pm newscasts and World News Tonight to 7.2 and the station's website. I've got the DVR set, because when have we ever seen a formal close to the news at 4?

In what is likely a first, Eyewitness News at 4 will be tonight's only afternoon newscast...on ABC 7. With a scheduled Cubs game today at 11:30, the station is also airing a make-up game at the weird time of 5, sending the 5 and 6pm newscasts and World News Tonight to 7.2 and the station's website. I've got the DVR set, because when have we ever seen a formal close to the news at 4?

It might be your only chance... Post it :)

Eh...not really. If the 5 wasn't airing, they probably would've closed it like any other show, but since the next newscast was being produced, they figured the normal transition was the logical route.

Eh...not really. If the 5 wasn't airing, they probably would've closed it like any other show, but since the next newscast was being produced, they figured the normal transition was the logical route.

That's an odd assumption when 75+ % of the viewers won't be watching... And that's a generous percentage... Reality probably said they were close to 32's level of viewers or worse. Most folks don't even know the .2 exists and saw a transition to nowhere...

Geez, they're really beefing up, lately...

http://chicagoradioandmedia.com/news/7538-abc-7-adds-reporter-laura-thoren

It should be noted that, based on her current appearance, Jessica D'Onofrio is likely going on maternity leave about that time. She's been working afternoons the last couple of weeks.

Okay, time to start taking wagers! Alan and Ron are both off. Hosea anchored with Linda at 4, and Rob is joining Cheryl at 5.

So, assuming that Kathy IS anchoring tonight, who joins her at 10, Hosea, Rob, or Cheryl?

Geez, they're really beefing up, lately...

http://chicagoradioandmedia.com/news/7538-abc-7-adds-reporter-laura-thoren

It should be noted that, based on her current appearance, Jessica D'Onofrio is likely going on maternity leave about that time. She's been working afternoons the last couple of weeks.

I figured she was pregnant... She appears to have gained a lot of weight.

How many talents does 7 have? It's gotta be over 40.

I figured she was pregnant... She appears to have gained a lot of weight.

How many talents does 7 have? It's gotta be over 40.

(39 on the bio page) - (John Idler) + (Elgas, Christensen, Hernandez, Thoren) = 42 - (Ryan & Val, depending on if you consider them news) = 40

(39 on the bio page) - (John Idler) + (Elgas, Christensen, Hernandez, Thoren) = 42 - (Ryan & Val, depending on if you consider them news) = 40

Thanks for counting... For the sake of talents I'll accept the 42.

(39 on the bio page) - (John Idler) + (Elgas' date=' Christensen, Hernandez, Thoren) = 42 - (Ryan & Val, depending on if you consider them news) = 40

For context, NBC5 has 31 listed on their bio page, 'BBM has 27, WGN has north of 50, and 'FLD has 22.

Phil's hangin' with the kiddies (and his family) at Lollapalooza.

By the way, did anyone notice Cheryl Burton's new tattoo's that clear as day in the two-anchor shot? Now that I've noticed it, it's hard to stop looking it at.

She was off until Wednesday or Thursday, and came back sporting a little something on the inside of her right forearm. I wasn't quite sure what it was at first, but her sleeves last night were short enough to give a decent view. See for yourself...

2015%20elgas-burton%202_zpsfnzpiquj.png

"Faith"

This is, to my knowledge, ABC 7's first openly-tattooed anchor combo (remember when that was a thing?), though we can't be sure what Fahey and Joel were hiding behind those blue blazers. :lol: