The Definitive ABC 7 Thread

24994J

Yesterday's storm coverage alert ended with "watch on ABC7!". I swear parts of WLS's offerings are beginning to deteriorate. First it was last Friday's garbage 10pm show and now yet another example of an immature alert this time during a serious situation.

Cindy Patrasso, one of the co-creators of WCL resigned last week from her job as Supervising Producer of the show to focus on other areas in her career. If I remember right they had to get a new EP recently too?

"I don't want to be a fetus. I already did that once."

"Would you rather have MY baby kangaroo in YOUR pouch?"

-Everybody's Favorite Outspoken Sportscaster

And no, nothing here is taken out of context. It means exactly what it says.

Somebody was on a roll...

"What if I sucker-punch Magers?"

"Cheryl Scott flew with the Blue Angels today, and we have a bet on whether or not she barfed."

If you could read his thoughts: "I've been here for too long. I've got my money. I don't care if they run my smart little ass out."

Somebody was on a roll...

"What if I sucker-punch Magers?"

"Cheryl Scott flew with the Blue Angels today, and we have a bet on whether or not she barfed."

If you could read his thoughts: "I've been here for too long. I've got my money. I don't care if they run my smart little ass out."

Cindy Patrasso, one of the co-creators of WCL resigned last week from her job as Supervising Producer of the show to focus on other areas in her career. If I remember right they had to get a new EP recently too?

Yes...Patrasso was interim EP following Selip's departure and was passed over for the job (which went to another insider). She thus decided it was time to move on.

Yes...Patrasso was interim EP following Selip's departure and was passed over for the job (which went to another insider). She thus decided it was time to move on.

That's right... Selip was who I was thinking of... Thanks.

I've seen pass overs like this end badly for organizations. We'll have to see how it works out. I'm surprised they would overlook the vet...

I recall seeing in a Feder piece a few years ago that both ladies were coaxed out of semiretirement to do WCL, so I'm not entirely surprised she was passed over, as they likely wanted someone for the long haul.

Not to mention someone who can offer a fresh perspective (despite being an insider).

I recall seeing in a Feder piece a few years ago that both ladies were coaxed out of semiretirement to do WCL, so I'm not entirely surprised she was passed over, as they likely wanted someone for the long haul

Yes, but it looks a little more fleshed out than last year's. Instead of those weird, blocky monitors on the desk, they're using some mounted flat-screens that don't look too bad. The lighting looks better than last time, too, and combined with the fact that they're doing this on a Thursday afternoon and not the late Friday into Monday morning tells me whatever they're doing might take a little longer. It's also possible that this is an emergency move, but I doubt it.

Yes, but it looks a little more fleshed out than last year's. Instead of those weird, blocky monitors on the desk, they're using some mounted flat-screens that don't look too bad. The lighting looks better than last time, too, and combined with the fact that they're doing this on a Thursday afternoon and not the late Friday into Monday morning tells me whatever they're doing might take a little longer. It's also possible that this is an emergency move, but I doubt it.

New wallpaper for that set finally?

New wallpaper for that set finally?

For the areas that weren't touched last year? Perhaps.

Like I said before, I'm curious as to how long this will take, as they went out of their way to do it during off hours last time.