The Definitive ABC 7 Thread

24994J

Sooo... is this an acceptable way to use "shut up" in a headline? :D

http://wgntv.com/2015/07/13/illinois-sen-mark-kirk-to-donald-trump-shut-up/

... It's looking like we could have another wild night of weather coverage. Phil said last night he'll be in with Jerry and Cheryl. At NBC5, I believe Alicia Roman will be working with Brant today, and I imagine Byron will stay later too.

... It's looking like we could have another wild night of weather coverage. Phil said last night he'll be in with Jerry and Cheryl. At NBC5, I believe Alicia Roman will be working with Brant today, and I imagine Byron will stay later too.

Hey, quick question about Byron...in the ABC7 thread. When he fills in for Brant, does he do the 11am show, as well?

Yes

Sooo... is this an acceptable way to use "shut up" in a headline? :D

http://wgntv.com/2015/07/13/illinois-sen-mark-kirk-to-donald-trump-shut-up/

Alicia said last night that Byron would be with Andy this morning and she will be with Brant tonight.

Hey, quick question about Byron...in the ABC7 thread. When he fills in for Brant, does he do the 11am show, as well?

Yes

He's a logical fill-in for Hosea. Burton's on her way to Los Angeles for the ESPY's, Krash was on last night (but with two newscasts, he's not on that often), and it doesn't make much sense to drag in Ravi or Karen when they're valuable in the field.

He's a logical fill-in for Hosea. Burton's on her way to Los Angeles for the ESPY's, Krash was on last night (but with two newscasts, he's not on that often), and it doesn't make much sense to drag in Ravi or Karen when they're valuable in the field.

What's the point of sending someone to the ESPY's?

They're plugging that her reports begin at 4 tomorrow. Also seems like a sure bet that she'll be on her shift at 5, and obviously at 10.

I guess if they have the money... Though it seems a little extravagant...

It's older. It still says ABC 7 News and not Eyewitness.

Usually a similar card with sports scores and the same abc7 NEWS logo in the lower right comes up. Definitely a throwback from somewhere.

Because this year, for the first time ever, they're on ABC and not on the mothership.

There are also some Chicago folks up for awards... That's the real reason. Otherwise it's a waste of resources.

For anyone who can't read minds, Cheryl and Troy are on this afternoon with storm coverage.

WFLD broke in for a few minutes and NBC 5 is on with Byron and probably Alicia.

For anyone who can't read minds, Cheryl and Troy are on this afternoon with storm coverage.

WFLD broke in for a few minutes and NBC 5 is on with Byron and probably Alicia.

I think it was Pete. Troy is definitely the pro here. Cheryl just doesn't have it when it comes to storms that require a lot of talk and explanation.
  • Like 3