The Definitive ABC 7 Thread

24994J

Larry did the 7 o'clock show tonight, and it was his formal debut. I can't think of a situation ever where an anchor has retired/voluntarily left (so firings don't count), and that person's successor started their new role the same day.

• Like 7

Larry did the 7 o'clock show tonight, and it was his formal debut. I can't think of a situation ever where an anchor has retired/voluntarily left (so firings don't count), and that person's successor started their new role the same day.

I didn't even bother to check the 7pm because I automatically assumed it would be Cheryl Scott.

• Like 1

I have trouble fathoming why they went with such a goofy schedule in the first place... that’s probably part of it... it created a vacuum and you know how nature feels about said suction...

• Like 1

When Larry was welcomed to the 6pm tonight. Alan and Kathy mention the last change to the 6pm newscast was when Alan joined in 1998. That's how long the team lasted before Jerry retired on Friday.

That's incredible. You won't find teams last that long.

• Like 1

Cheryl Scott is off tonight. Larry is filling in. Not sure if Phil is also off tonight or if they changed the way he's utilized when Cheryl is off. I didn't catch any of the earlier newscasts.

Phil did the 5 and the 7, so Larry gets priority at 10.

Interesting, good to know. I guess this is the new norm now. So Larry did the 4, 6, and 10?

Yes.

It's been a bad flu season. Always keep a safe distance from sniffling sports anchors.

1803981127_bandicam2018-02-0120-06-42-645.thumb.png.7996235bec9ff6ca0b3a7bb2e070b4b1.png

• Like 3

These shots were all taken individually, but it looks like the literally cropped Jerry out of an existing group collage. I wonder if they can't find the original photos to fill the gap. :D

[MEDIA=instagram]Be0tFY3jPmh[/MEDIA]

These shots were all taken individually, but it looks like the literally cropped Jerry out of an existing group collage. I wonder if they can't find the original photos to fill the gap. :D

[MEDIA=instagram]Be0tFY3jPmh[/MEDIA]

The clouds in the background thank abc7’s web team for their newfound 15 minutes of fame...

• Like 2

Larry Mowry did the 11am this morning.

Did he do the morning show? Or did Tracy have to bail early?

She did the morning show. I was looking at my DVR guide to record the auto show special this Saturday, and she's listed in the credits, taking Jerry's place. She's joining Mark for a bunch of test drives, like he did with Taft, at today's big media day.

http://abc7chicago.com/automotive/abc7-special-chicago-auto-show---saturday-at-6-pm/3052849/

There will only be 3 (at least 1 too many) auto show specials this weekend, as NBC isn't going to have time to air one with the Olympics. Channels 7 and 9 will be live at 6pm Saturday, while the one on CBS 2 will air at 10:30 Sunday night.

Is there video of this? I feel like this would be a funny segment.

It was just a warning that some of the sports have started, and that they'll have results throughout the games, too. They might prepare some gags, but the graphic is the biggest laugh. They mess with NBC's logo each year. I'll dig up 2016's.

Windy City Live is actually live today. They only have half an audience, with the right side of seats filled with cardboard cutouts of Mariah Carey, Jesse Jackson Jr., Roe Conn, Peter Jennings, and Barack Obama. It's quickly evolved into a 6-minute newscast, though, with Larry and Cheryl tag-teaming an update within the show, with a live report in the field from Stacey Baca.