The Definitive ABC 7 Thread

24994J

One thing I don't understand: Phil Schwarz did the weather for the 4:30am portion of the morning news while Tracy took over the 5-7am part today. Why?

P.S.: I wish I participated in Tracy Butler's Weather Sketchers while I was still a kid.

• Like 1

One thing I don't understand: Phil Schwarz did the weather for the 4:30am portion of the morning news while Tracy took over the 5-7am part today. Why?

Maybe they are testing something out or maybe tracy had something at home that made her come in late

• Like 1

It's the same plan whether Tracy or Roz do the high school visit. They go on at 5. Phil, Larry, and Mark have filled in, as someone needs to do the forecast during GMA, though Kristin Byrne has not always come in for Roz. In those cases, the anchors read the traffic report before 5 and after 7.

• Like 5

I guess that was the anniversary of her hiring, as they celebrated the milestone of her debut today.

Also, all 8 O&O's are now posting regular content to YouTube on accounts that go back a few years, though most only starting using them in recent months.

• Like 1

According to Stacey Baca in her Facebook live video, changes are coming soon as it looks like that a male co-anchor for the weekend am news is going to be hired soon. Which means the Diane Pathieu will go back to reporting.

Color me surprised, but satisfied that they're finally addressing it. They must've gotten top network approval, considering the number on their anchor bench (with Diane considered unofficial) currently lines up with the coastal flagships. She did drop "him" a few times, and sure seemed to make it clear that it'll be someone from outside the market.

As for Diane, she's done well, and deserves to still fill in, but the male anchor pool's felt awfully shallow lately (though less so since Hosea came back).

Here's the video:

Okay, I'm having a massive brain cramp here. What would be the context of this picture? I literally only have a fraction of a second before the tape cuts. Didn't Tracy and Mike do a wrap-up of the soap operas, each week? Even if I'm remembering that, that can't be what's going on here with Joel, right?

Screenshot_2017-11-06-14-56-36.thumb.png.0a925766dc8134792cfe9f1016cd63a6.png

Unrelated, but on the same tape, I found a complete episode of the "Chrysler All-Star Shoot-Out", which I completely forgot existed, and the final 10 minutes of a morning newscast (with Thom Johnson in for Roz) leading into Charlie Gibson's final Good Morning America (June 28, 2006).

Going through my tapes is fun.

• Like 2

Okay, I'm having a massive brain cramp here. What would be the context of this picture? I literally only have a fraction of a second before the tape cuts. Didn't Tracy and Mike do a wrap-up of the soap operas, each week? Even if I'm remembering that, that can't be what's going on here with Joel, right?

[ATTACH=full]4808[/ATTACH]

Unrelated, but on the same tape, I found a complete episode of the "Chrysler All-Star Shoot-Out", which I completely forgot existed, and the final 10 minutes of a morning newscast (with Thom Johnson in for Roz) leading into Charlie Gibson's final Good Morning America (June 28, 2006).

Maybe an April Fool's joke?

[ATTACH=full]4808[/ATTACH]

This is the end of the 11am news, right? Did Joel join the desk to talk about stories coming up on the 4pm news on a regular basis? I can't remember.

This is the end of the 11am news, right? Did Joel join the desk to talk about stories coming up on the 4pm news on a regular basis? I can't remember.

Yes, the end of the show. See, I thought about that, but I don't think they did that, much less this late in Joel's career.

Speaking of Joel, I wish I had his retirement (and Drury's, for that matter) on tape.

• Like 1

OFFICIAL: Mark Rivera comes aboard from WTSP. He's a Chicago area native and U of I grad, class of 2011. The wording of the tweet is either sugarcoating Diane's return to the field, or might she become the 4th member of the team?

[MEDIA=twitter]928011410327638017[/MEDIA]

I look forward to the first time Cheryl, Mark, Cheryl, and Mark are on the desk at the same time. :D

• Like 1