PIX 11 News Changes

nynewslover

As all of you know PIX11 finally has a new News Director. Here are some of the changes so far as well as some thoughts and ideas.

First off and most importantly the 5 and 10 newscasts are finally back in the studio and at the desk..they got rid of the top 11 stories format which is excellent..However there is still too much commentary! Also noticed that the set is somewhat altered at night..meaning that the zebra stipe looking backdrops are covered with plain backdrops..(however the zebra stripes are there in the morning.) The opening for the 5pm today was pretty cool..they panned from screen to screen across a section of the studio displaying their top stories (reminded me of StudioB opening)

Not much has changed in the morning except for the fact they seem more serious (not sure if that's cause Suki is out this week.)

In my opinion the changes at 5 and 10 are good ones..Definitely a step in the right direction! They need to find a second anchor for the 5pm and 10pm. Again they also need less commentary. In the morning they need to get rid of the whole "Lionel" format. And they need to redo their studio to give it more of a serious feel.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WPIX also should dump their current music and graphics packages.

This has been mentioned, but, they should bring back their Non-Stop Custom Package. Loved those themes.

(reminded me of StudioB opening)

Yeah, I think that's where they got the idea. :cheers:

Dan Mannarino is anchoring at 10pm. Could he be the youngest person to anchor a NYC newscast in recent years?

I don't know if you are still watching Ch11 tonight, but it is good to hear the old Non Stop Custom Package play on the news closeup tease.

The open has great live action footage. The signature in the theme is easily recognizable (New York News) but the graphical elements in the open suck. Everything else looks sleek and modern in the package.

I'll bet ya'll right now that by the end of this year, PIX11 will have new graphics and different music.

I was thinking more like the end of the summer, if not sooner, but let's hope so.

They can always resurrect the Custom Non-Stop Music package again. Whoever thought about dropping their iconic theme, was some stupid MoFos!!!

Exactly. I've said this before...the "2 train and cash register Sound FX" theme was one that I could have made myself with the recorder on my phone! The Non-Stop package was one of my favorites used in this town and I was pissed when it was replaced with that crap.

Are you sure that was Jodi? It sounded like Tamesn to me.

WPIX is on early at 4pm-4:30pm with Tamsen anchoring a special report covering Boston arrests.

There was no bug or scroll at the bottom of the screen.

They are streaming the coverage via YouTube.

Just happened to notice that when watching tonight. They should switch back to whatever software they used before.

Watching livestreams on YouTube kills me inside softly.

Are you sure that was Jodi? It sounded like Tamesn to me.

WPIX is on early at 4pm-4:30pm with Tamsen anchoring a special report covering Boston arrests.

There was no bug or scroll at the bottom of the screen.

They are streaming the coverage via YouTube.

You may be right, hearing it this afternoon it sounds like Tamsen....they have almost the same soft, low tone that it's hard to tell. Needless to say, I miss the opens where people actually said what newscast it was. Alas....

The changes I noticed for 10pm are, the day in photos and Twitter comments segments that were used coming back from the commercial breaks are gone.

Also Tamsen was not asking for people tweet her their opinions on a story. It's a more traditional news cast with the exception of no sports reporter.

They still need to get a new music package.

Archived