KDVR Getting New Graphics and Music? Stay tuned.

ABC 7 Denver

But the deal between Local TV and Tribune isn't finalized yet is it?

If not, why would they switch to the Tribune look now?

I don't think they will be getting new graphics...yet. Probably just a coincidence, or someone hit the wrong button at the local cable provider.

Although this probably doesn't mean anything, I found this on the Gari Music site. Go to this link and watch the video called "News Music Sampler". At the :26 second mark, there's a clip showing KDVR with some music.

I wonder if KDVR has plans to use this theme. Or maybe they asked Gari back in 2011 to compose this theme and they rejected it and went to Alan Koshiyama? Who knows, anyone's guess.

Hopefully this doesn't happen. KDVR just got their current graphics in 2011; they are actually many times better than this new Tribune standard GFX. Also, the custom package Alan Koshiyama composed is a lot better than Trust.

Hopefully this doesn't happen. KDVR just got their current graphics in 2011; they are actually many times better than this new Tribune standard GFX. Also, the custom package Alan Koshiyama composed is a lot better than Trust.

I agree. The biggest issue with the Tribune FOX package is that it looks like it was slapped together rather quickly. Too many elements of the package look unfinished/unpolished and in some cases there is little attention to detail. Hopefully, they'll address these things in the near future but for now KDVR is better off with what they have now. Although, some of the design elements look like they are derived from the KDVR package....

Although this probably doesn't mean anything' date=' I found this on the Gari Music site. Go to this link and watch the video called "News Music Sampler". At the :26 second mark, there's a clip showing KDVR with some music.

I wonder if KDVR has plans to use this theme. Or maybe they asked Gari back in 2011 to compose this theme and they rejected it and went to Alan Koshiyama? Who knows, anyone's guess.

I doubt it - I've seen several of Gari's video samplers where they use existing video with "incorrect" audio (Either a sample was done for the station, or they had video which "fit" the audio clip). NewsChannel 8 isn't using the theme sampled, nor is WVNS (though I'm not 100% sure on WVNS - I couldn't tell enough from the clip). My clue was the talent was only of Libby Weaver, yet the cut to the set included Ron Zappolo...

Jim

What I want to know is why KDVR would be first among the LocalTV Fox stations to get the Tribune look, while WJW still has the first generation O&O graphics (majority of which, including the L3s and open, has been unchanged since 2007!) and WGHP is using a VERY poor knockoff of the first generation O&O graphics.

What I want to know is why KDVR would be first among the LocalTV Fox stations to get the Tribune look, while WJW still has the first generation O&O graphics (majority of which, including the L3s and open, has been unchanged since 2007!) and WGHP is using a VERY poor knockoff of the first generation O&O graphics.

I suspect WJW and WGHP will get the new Tribune FOX package when the acquisition has been put through. KDVR will probably be required to at least update.

I don't know if people know, KDVR has been using a new open for GDC (http://vimeo.com/68865882). So they know that the package is getting somewhat stale.

I suspect WJW and WGHP will get the new Tribune FOX package when the acquisition has been put through. KDVR will probably be required to at least update.

I don't know if people know, KDVR has been using a new open for GDC (http://vimeo.com/68865882). So they know that the package is getting somewhat stale.

I hope WJW does. They still have the O&O set, and are - IIRC - the only LocalTV/Tribune station to have an unaltered Fox O&O set (KTVI disassembled and reassembled their set in a different arrangement when they moved to the KPLR studios). KTVI and KSTU have the second-generation O&O graphics, and have mostly kept them as-is.

I still have no idea how KPCQ will fit "Q13" into the Fox O&O logo bug. In an ideal world, they and KDVR would be able to pull a WJZ and escape this standardization.

I hope WJW does. They still have the O&O set, and are - IIRC - the only LocalTV/Tribune station to have an unaltered Fox O&O set (KTVI disassembled and reassembled their set in a different arrangement when they moved to the KPLR studios). KTVI and KSTU have the second-generation O&O graphics, and have mostly kept them as-is.

I still have no idea how KPCQ will fit "Q13" into the Fox O&O logo bug. In an ideal world, they and KDVR would be able to pull a WJZ and escape this standardization.

Maybe they will require a brand change. But I can think of a few good ideas. I'll post one here!

KDVR's graphics and music are too new for me to think they should go. It's nice knowing we have at least one major station whose appearance hasn't been shoved through the corporate mold... (I do like the Tribune Fox graphics, but that box logo never appealed to me)

KCPQ's Hothaus graphics (lifted from KTLA with a color change, though) are also probably new (and expensive) enough to escape this.

KDVR's graphics and music are too new for me to think they should go. It's nice knowing we have at least one major station whose appearance hasn't been shoved through the corporate mold... (I do like the Tribune Fox graphics, but that box logo never appealed to me)

KCPQ's Hothaus graphics (lifted from KTLA with a color change, though) are also probably new (and expensive) enough to escape this.

Age has nothing to do with it. If the big wigs at Tribune want them to change, they'll change regardless if they've had their graphics a short time. In fact, KSWB debuted new/updated weather graphics earlier this year and I suspect that it was part of a new graphics package, but it never made it on air. Instead, they got the new Tribune pack and they just recently updated those weather graphics again to match this new Tribune pack.

WPMT looks like a mess right now. They are using the sideways horizontal FOX logo look bug (KDVR) with KTXL's past L3 look and the background of KSWB's Hothaus look with the Box kite logo on their plasmas smh and to top it off their weather graphics are the new current Tribune Fox packages now implemented.

As of a few weeks ago, WITI had no plans of changing to the Tribune package and did not know of any mandate for the Fox Tribune/LocalTV to do so. So either this mandate is non-existent or the Local TV stations have not been made aware of it yet.

As of a few weeks ago, WITI had no plans of changing to the Tribune package and did not know of any mandate for the Fox Tribune/LocalTV to do so. So either this mandate is non-existent or the Local TV stations have not been made aware of it yet.

I'm inclined to believe the latter.

And a bit of an update on KDVR. They ditched the rest of their morning package (gold and orange) and now have new a bit of a brighter package. It's really nice! I'd pull it, but I can't find a swf file to pull!

To be fair, WITI somehow avoided getting the Fox O&O bug when they got the first generation O&O graphics. I never understood that.

And I also believe it's the latter.

Archived