Good Morning America

Action Newsroom

Sam was back on GMA again this morning. I wonder if they're trying to figure out how to work him back in.

Surprised CBS hasn't tried to snatch him up as CBS This Morning has never had a weather person. He could rekindle his bromance with Josh then too.

Surprised CBS hasn't tried to snatch him up as CBS This Morning has never had a weather person. He could rekindle his bromance with Josh then too.

I think that's because TM makes it a given thing not to have weather segments (at least especially during weekdays) (unless of a severe national disaster-- snowstorms, El Ninos, hurricanes, what have you.

But that would be awesome, though.

• Like 1

Sam was back on GMA again this morning. I wonder if they're trying to figure out how to work him back in.

Most likely he's just there while Ginger is on DWTS. I wouldn't read too much into it as ginger mentioned she would be on GMA most days of the week.

• Like 1

Thinking way outside the box here but imagine if possible if Sam ever went back to WABC? He could do the Noon and 5 or the Noon, 4 and 6 and Lee Goldberg could do the others? Like a .000001% chance of happening but hey fun to think

• Like 1

Thinking way outside the box here but imagine if possible if Sam ever went back to WABC? He could do the Noon and 5 or the Noon, 4 and 6 and Lee Goldberg could do the others? Like a .000001% chance of happening but hey fun to think

You're not alone. Crossed my mind once.

• Like 1

What else would I mean? CBS This Morning started in 2012 and has not had one since it started. What's so difficult to understand?

Well I said that to differentiate the first era of CBS This Morning from '87-'99 in which it had Mark McEwen as weather anchor.

Most likely he's just there while Ginger is on DWTS. I wouldn't read too much into it as ginger mentioned she would be on GMA most days of the week.

Not wanting to read so much into it but I think it would be naive to guess that ABC isn't trying to find a way to get Sam back on the program. He was a popular fixture on the show for a long time and as the show is starting to fade in popularity, I think they could very well be trying to find a permanent spot for him on the program.

When Sam and Josh left the show, the whole show changed. Then Michael Strahan came in. The show started to be more like a morning entertainment tonight, than a morning news show. They paid more attention to who will be on Dancing with the Stars, then the news.

I switched back to the Today show. And never looked back.

• Like 1

When Sam and Josh left the show, the whole show changed. Then Michael Strahan came in. The show started to be more like a morning entertainment tonight, than a morning news show. They paid more attention to who will be on Dancing with the Stars, then the news.

I switched back to the Today show. And never looked back.

I'll agree with you on the show's direction, but I wholeheartedly disagree with the implication that Amy, Ginger and Michael are a part of the problem. Those 3 are good enough and versatile enough as television personalities and in their specific roles to handle a newsier format.

• Like 1

I am not blaming Michael, or the others. But when he started, the show would open with all of them sitting at the desk, and from the get go, they were in a festive mood, laughing, giggling. Maybe it's in my head, but the atmosphere seemed a little too laid back.

I am not blaming Michael, or the others. But when he started, the show would open with all of them sitting at the desk, and from the get go, they were in a festive mood, laughing, giggling. Maybe it's in my head, but the atmosphere seemed a little too laid back.

The show always started in a festive mood, even with Josh and Sam there. The morning of Sherman Hemsley's death Robin, George, Josh, Sam and Lara opened the show singing The Jeffersons theme song. They've always been somewhat laid back compared to the others. I will agree with you on the entertainment direction that the show has taken as I have made my displeasure with that known.

I'll also agree with you on the fact that Today is slightly better than GMA from what I've watched lately. I just can't warm up to either of the main 4 on that program. Matt and Al have been there too long and I just can't seem to find anything I like about Savannah. Natalie is just there.

This may prove to be unpopular, but I don't like the idea of Ginger Zee doing DWTS. No, she's not a hard news reporter a la George Stephanopoulos, but shouldn't a meteorologist not reduce her/himself to twitching around a reality show? It feels like a grab for celebrity at the cost of credibility.

• Like 1

I'd love to see Sam do in depth pieces. Working the weather board feels like a step backward. I still remember his reports during the BP oil crisis. It was good stuff. He's got reporting chops.

This may prove to be unpopular, but I don't like the idea of Ginger Zee doing DWTS. No, she's not a hard news reporter a la George Stephanopoulos, but shouldn't a meteorologist not reduce her/himself to twitching around a reality show? It feels like a grab for celebrity at the cost of credibility.

I don't like it either but I have to wonder if it really matters. Morning shows seem to be more personality driven than anything else, so their probably seeing this as only a good thing.

• Like 1

Even if it were a hard news reporter, I'm not sure how doing ballroom dancing on a television show diminishes their credibility in any way.

i disagree with you in a way i think she is doing it for her self to prove to her son you can do anything and heck get some promo for gma and if im not mistaken shes the first one of the gma crew to do this? also she had a little fun with that oscars dance with derek 3 years back i think lol

• Like 1

Interesting concept being proposed...a presidential debate during the 7-9am GMA broadcast. George just said on This Week that it been proposed and Hillary Clinton has already accepted it.

And Bernie rejected it.

Yeah something about him wanting to reach the largest audience possible. I still think it's an interesting concept, mostly because I've never seen it or heard of a morning tv debate not on Sunday's. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part that GMA will go back to being innovative and much less tabloid like.

• 3 weeks later...

Strahan leaving Live! and joining GMA full time:

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/michael-strahan-quits-live-to-join-abcs-good-morning-america-1201756502/

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/michael-strahan-leaving-live-gma-885488

Interesting bits from the articles:

-GMA has taken a newsier shift and other than the opening greeting, Lara does not appear until 7:15 at the earliest.

-Strahan leaving Live! over the summer and begin full time at GMA in September.

I wonder who will be his replacement at Live!. A few come to mind: Jesse Palmer, Nick Lachey, Anderson Cooper, Neil Patrick Harris, Sam Champion, Mark Consuelos, Cameron Mathison.

Also, I wonder if this means he may leave FOX NFL Sunday at some point and join ESPN in some capacity.

Also, I wonder if this means he may leave FOX NFL Sunday at some point and join ESPN in some capacity.

They just restocked their Sunday/Monday panel, so I don't see that happening anytime soon, if at all. Still, an interesting development.

• Like 1