Sam Champions New Show "AMHQ"

MorningNews

"AMHQ" sounds like one of the many, many, many formats CNN would try so they would actually have at least one person watching them in the morning. I liked the name "Morning Rush", and that was kinda new... they should have kept that...

And yeah, the logo looks weird, since TWC uses primarily red in WE'RE GONNA DIE MODE...

Since when does a name for a news program have to be "inspriring"? it's just a name. Nothing to whoop about.

I'm not looking for an inspirational name, just an accurate one. AMHQ sounds like a news show - it's a decent name, but if you don't mention that Sam Champion's hosting or it's on The Weather Channel, everyone will assume it's something on CNN or Fox News.

It's the same thing I've complained about with WTXF's Good Day Philadelphia. That show's pretty much well known now for the Ryan Lochte interview in which Lochte pretty much proved himself to be the dumbest interview subject of all time. But that name was used to brand all five and a half hours of Fox 29's morning news output, and up until 7am it was pretty much straight news. As of today's expansion to 4am, they fixed that by finally renaming the first three hours "Fox 29 Morning News".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

His part of the studio is in the main Weather Channel set in ATL, but to the right of the main anchor area. They have their own anchor desk (sits up to like 6 people), there is also an interactive/soft area, as well as Mike Bettis' corner, the Storm expert center. http://www.newscaststudio.com/2014/03/17/amhq-with-sam-champion-debuts-on-weather-channel/

Some reports of conflict already between GMA and Sam's new show. Apparently the AMHQ bus was positioned outside in Times Sqaure and was positioned to be seen in GMA's broadcast on Monday. ABC producers quickly realized and changed camera angles to avoid giving AMHQ any air time. Sounds like a silly report and I question it's accuracy but if true kind of funny but a bit immature of TWC.

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1724860

Sorry for the mobile link.

Archived