Sinclair Stations Getting New Graphics

ColumbusNewsFan

Kind of related but I'll post it here...

From what I've seen here, Sinclair Stations are getting a new graphic package very soon.

It kinda has that WTHR New Weather graphics vibe from what I see here but much more cleaner. In my opinion it's LONG overdue for them.

From what it looks like those graphics are actually designed by people who know what good design looks like, unlike the previous/current look, which really is terrible.

This will also help Sinclair with one of the primary uses of standard graphics, which is making its national reports look seamless with the local stations. It worked until they bought left and right.

If this is the new graphics, it would highly be interesting to see if this would be for most of the group, or just the larger market stations.

I hope Daily News is updated... or that the Sinclair signature lives on in a Non-Stop, Arnold, 615 production. Perhaps uPhonix could be coming back. Look at WKEF.

I wished they stay with Gari, because a couple of their current stations are using their legacy Gari themes (KDBC & WHAM). But I wouldn't be shocked if they starting to use a brand new theme for their top markets (whether its Gari or otherwise), and let the smaller markets have more of a choice whether to use the new theme or keep their own original theme. I say this because, with heavy amount of newsclubs Sinclair have or about to have, if they decide to go with one composer, it would probably be a plus for that one music company, but it would not be good for the other music providers. For example, if Arnold decide to make a completely different theme for Sinclair, and all of their stations use it (excluding overlaps), Arnold would dethrone Gari as the top music provider. I doubt that would happen though.

For example, if Arnold decide to make a completely different theme for Sinclair, and all of their stations use it (excluding overlaps), Arnold would dethrone Gari as the top music provider.

What do you mean by 'overlaps'? The Abilene-Sweetwater DMA is completely Arnold. KRBC - TITP, KTAB - Counterpoint, KTXS - Signature, and KXVA - Extreme.

What do you mean by 'overlaps'? The Abilene-Sweetwater DMA is completely Arnold. KRBC - TITP, KTAB - Counterpoint, KTXS - Signature, and KXVA - Extreme.

The "overlaps" I'm talking about are the Sinclair markets where they have a second separate news club (case in point, WEAR & WPMI and KVAL & KMTR) If it were to standardize, let's say WEAR & KVAL would use the standardized theme. Their LMA partners WPMI & KMTR can't use the same music their other stations are using.

• 9 months later...

I bump this thread to tell you KABB finally got the new Sinclair graphics and a modified logo (looks more like KFXA/WPFO's logos now). They got them sometime last week but I just noticed today. I didn't catch the open so no word whether they got the new music but, I will watch it tomorrow and let you know.

I did watch WOAI at ten and no changes yet as they are still in their old building. I assume they will make a move in the next couple of weeks though. I guess I better start setting my DVR.

10846481_10152918902556738_8687093853697577242_n.jpg?oh=5a99fcad4a9fa1a30ecf200acc3e5ea5&oe=54FF3223&__gda__=1430636278_b95835cbfb8a2eb9574b7f5face666cb

UPDATE: I can confirm they have the new music too. I am watching right now. They use the worst cuts of it. The graphics are a downgrade. They are more difficult to read. At least they are smart enough not to broadcast in widescreen so the graphics can actually be read.

I'll watch tonight at 9 to see if they are still using the cold open format or if they are going with the full open.

They're still using the L-BAR format on the morning news so when a super pops up, there's this odd space at the left where the "bug" should be but it's just "dead" area.

Also, why the hell is the lower third so high up? It looks so stupid. It looks like it's floating because there's no other graphics on the screen other than the L-BAR. And when they pop an anchor's name up, it's so freaking huge compared to other stations (KABB doesn't like to use their anchors Twitter handles for whatever reason).

AFAIK, KABB's master control does not have the capability of displaying a time and temp bug, so I don't know if they have one at 9 or not. I'll have to watch tonight.

So I managed to catch the 9 on KABB right now, new graphics, same style basically. So they still do cold opens with their various production music tracks. Also they haven't upgraded master, they just moved the bug up to lineup with the lower thirds. So no time and temp and that white bar with the weather information/website tease/ticker the other stations have, KABB doesn't have it. So it actually looks a lot cleaner. It would be nice if somebody could figure out how to lower the L3 so it isn't so high up...

Hopefully by this weekend I can get a montage up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

KBOI may be getting the new graphics soon, and when they do, expect the station to get a new logo, according to this. Looks like KJRH's logo to me.

I think that KBOI was always Fisher's ugly stepchild. Their graphics are horrible compared to the other former Fisher stations.

Archived