When Did CW's Imaging Start To Not Suck?

Jess

Seriously. Taped the entirety of CBS 3 Eyewitness News This Morning, and there were more than a few short CW Philly 57 (I'm still using the channel number dammit) promos, even a few short IDs. The CW branded stuff is alarmingly good. It's a nice, distinctive color palette, easy to read... and it has one of the catchiest promo jingles I've heard in years.

[yt]jhrNRho7FEw[/yt]

Nobbad, to be quite honest. I don't like the shows, but I like the look and sound.

I saw this on TV once, and I loved the jingle. Since then I've watched it on YouTube dozens of times. I wrote "To me, this promo probably has one of the most catchiest pieces of TV promo music in recent memory." and many people who commented on it agreed. Seriously, many people love it.

Also the visuals are fantastic, fits every show they're airing. They need to do this campaign next season.

I know! On the occasions that I watch WPIX in New York (They're so bad I'm sure people outside the NY market know how bad they are) I hear the promo. It's extremely catchy and a good tune. The images are eye candy for many, the music is dramatic, catchy and interesting enough to raise eyebrows and the logo is simple but still unique. I don't like any CW shows, and the local PIX news sucks, but that promo is fantastic. If enough people watch CW affiliates, maybe viewers will watch the promo and want to watch more often, boosting ratings for the CW. I don't know, but this promo is definitely a step in the right direction. I hope they don't get rid of it any time soon.

I think TV Now was actually introduced for 2012-13, they just kept it going into the new season. Regardless it's a GREAT sonic brand. If they'd be able to create more wiggle room for local stations to make more unique logos, it'd be a total winner.

I think TV Now was actually introduced for 2012-13, they just kept it going into the new season. Regardless it's a GREAT sonic brand. If they'd be able to create more wiggle room for local stations to make more unique logos, it'd be a total winner.

Now that's a good idea.

I can see it now...PhillyNOW or PhillyTVNOW. (Not as good as I thought, but still...)

Now that's a good idea.

I can see it now...PhillyNOW or PhillyTVNOW. (Not as good as I thought, but still...)

No, Philly 57.

They teased us with the current logo, any rebrand away from CW should have "Philly 57" in there.

(Yes, I'm biased. Philly 57 was one of my favorite TV station brands.)

I watched this once and the damn jingle is stuck in my head! I haven't watched anything on the CW since Reba and Gilmore Girls ended - wasn't that the first year of the CW??

Yes, they both ended in the first half of '07.

Yes, they both ended in the first half of '07.

So did Veronica Mars, one of the few shows that I made a huge effort to watch ever since The Simpsons plateaued in 1998. (And not coincidentally, the movie I just saw at the local AMC Amazing Googolplex.)

I have a whole rant on this, but I wanted to just show the montage of Philly 57 promos in context.

[yt]UJNlFsQFZNw[/yt]

No, Philly 57.

They teased us with the current logo, any rebrand away from CW should have "Philly 57" in there.

(Yes, I'm biased. Philly 57 was one of my favorite TV station brands.)

Sorry I thought you meant slogans. Didn't read the whole thing well.

Still, that's a great idea.

Archived